Let's talk chickun...white meat or dark meat, and why?

Let's talk chickun...white meat or dark meat, and why?

you have to consider the whole...
more flavor, less convenience...
less price, more fat...
the zen of the chicken...

if making soup, then a mix of white and dark meat

if anything else (stir fry etc), probably white meat

If you prefer white meat, you don't actually like chicken.

Dark meat, always. I fucking hate white meat, and when I cook a whole chicken, I gave the entire breast to my dog

dark meat, but I'll also eat wings
Breasts are absolute garbage tier

>If you prefer white meat, you don't actually like chicken.
I don't believe this is true unless you just plain old don't like dark meat at all, for anything, and think nobody should ever eat it. that's like saying if you don't like whole milk, you don't like milk.

>I gave the entire breast to my dog
well then you have a lucky dog I guess.

I mean, I guess I'm biased because I used to unilaterally hate dark meat due to its gaminess. then I realised how useful it is for flavour and learned to appreciate it. now I like it, but I still feel like it's a bit strong for some dishes.

am I the only person here who is actually able to taste something when they're eating white meat? do the rest of you feel like you're eating tofu when you eat it?

White meat is dry, mealy, and tasteless

Stop overcooking the fucking breasts and you'll realise they can be delicious.

Breasts, even when cooked properly, can only be a delicious as the seasonings and marinades used. Dark meat provides a good flavor on its own, which is then enhanced with seasonings and marinades. The only exception to this is tendies.

Dark meat has better flavor, white has better texture. Both are good.

>hurdy dur hur hur dry meat is bad
Off yourself.

Hearts.

gizzards

There's no reason to buy breasts when thighs are literally better in every way.

If it isn't white, it isn't right

Breasts are great because of form and nuanced flavour
Wings are terrific as snacks because of their low price and ease of deep fry
Drumsticks are divine slow roasted in spices, best fun to eat.
Thighs have highest concentration of flavour, great in stews or curries.
Hearts are ridiculously underrated, give them a bit of time and care, and you have one of the tastiest pieces of meat that money can buy at an as yet unexploited low price.

what are u the fuckn chicken master, man?

I prefer chicken knuckles desu, a rare delicacy.

>wings
>low price
Whole leg quarters are cheaper.

Thighs and drumsticks.
Personal preference.
All 4 of her boys wouldn't eat dinner if the chicken piece wasn't given to the right brother.
Eldest got breast, 2nd got wings, I got thigh or drumsticks, youngest pecked at his food til it got cold so he got whatever

Just a man who has cooked a fair bit of chicken in his time.
This depends entirely on where you are in the world. I have found that the west prefers wings over legs, increasing the price. This is not so much the case east of Germany.

Thigh>>>>>Neck>Drum>Wing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>breast>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rib>>>>>>>>Giblets

Anyone else /eating whole chicken like apple/ here? Nothing better than biting into the breast like some animal