Butter in your Coffee

How do you guys feel about using butter in your coffee instead of cream/milk/whatever?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emulsion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_tea
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds bad but I drink green tea.

try coconut oil

Gross. Drink black coffee you fat ass

It's a stupid meme and Dave Asprey is a charlatan.

yeah... that shit gave me nausea

it was pretty common here to mix milk, chocolate cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and butter to make a nice hot chocolate concoction, its pretty rich and delicious, just add the spices as you wish and well, you'll enjoy a savory treat

Bad.

put that shit in a blender jesus christ you dont just let it float on top

same problem as above, it [spoiler]will not blend[/spoiler]

CAVE MAN COFFEE FOLKS. GRASS FED BUTTER AND MCT OIL! USE THE CODE WORD ROGAN AND GET 10% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emulsion

sounds ok i guess

i mean butter is really just cream with the buttermilk removed

>paleo
>butter

um...

So is butter put in just black coffee or with milk too?

People traditionally drink tea mixed with churned yak butter in Tibet. The process is more involved than just literally throwing butter into the cup though, and from the looks of it it uses extremely fucking strong and hot tea. The wikipedia page says people often use tea bags and a blender nowadays, but reading "tea bags" should be enough to know it's bad

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_tea

I actually meant to quote but same applies

did you even read the op
its supposed to be a replacement for the milk/creamer

It's stupid. Just use cream. Cream tastes better, has less calories, and you don't have to put your coffee in a blender to emulsify it. The amount of lactose in a couple cups of coffee lightened with cream isn't enough sugar to break ketosis either. It's a dopey fad. Might as well just buy better coffee and drink it black. Or do what you want. I don't give a shit.

Oils always float to the top, you fucking moron.

>what are emulsifiers

Why fucking bother emulsifying it? Pour your coffee, stir in some butter. Finished. Oils floating to the top? Stir it again.

Depends on the quality of the emulsion. A shitty combo of substances and temperatures means it'll only sort of hold for a short amount of time. Butter in hot coffee doesn't hold very long. It sucks.

Exactly. Hot liquids and oils very rarely hold a proper emulsification for very long, so why bother with the emulsification process to begin with? Why not just stir in the butter?

My logical conclusion is to use cream. Cow tiddies gave me a perfectly fine emulsified dairy fat. I have no problem with using it for what it's culinarily good at.

MONSTER
even considering this should be a crime

why not just use nice, fresh, organic coconut oil?

Great way to have greasy, runny diarrhea if you're into that.

I hear you on that one, brother.

Hah, these soybean oil based chocolate eating Veeky Forumsunts think butter is icky
Protip: 4 feet of pouring it between two large cups for froth

I prefer cream, but enjoy it buttered occasionally when I want my body to ingest deliciously volatile activated fats from the butter, wrapping around my coffee or tea micro particles, praise Allah.

literally this

It's good if you're worried about dirty electricity

Hahahahaha what the fuck is this shit.

> Greenwave filters can be plugged into any electrical outlet and will immediately begin reducing unusable electrical energy.

>Greenwave filters remove dirty electricity, also known as electromagnetic interference (EMI) and dirty power, from building wiring before it radiates potentially harmful electromagnetic fields (EMFs) into home and office environments.

>Dirty electricity exists across a variety of high and low frequencies. In order to target the broadest range of dirty electricity frequencies, Greenwave deploys a system of filtration that targets both high and low portions of the frequency spectrum.

>Reduction of dirty electricity has been shown to have wellness benefits such as improved mental acuity, relaxation, and stress management.

>To Install: Plug the filters into outlets around your home (about 2 per room) and the dirty electricity is filtered immediately.

> There's growing evidence that electropollution may be causing previously unexplained health problems, undermining peak performance, and affecting the behavior of our children. Symptoms and conditions like ADD, asthma, chronic fatigue, cancer, diabetes, fuzzy thinking, headaches, learning disorders, depression, and multiple sclerosis may be linked to electropollution.

What a set of buzzwords to wave away every modern medical problem! These reviews, too...

> Noticed cleaner and more smoother electricity usage. The electronics worked better, quicker, smoother, and faster. The electricity bill went down some price. Its most effective when used on an appliance that on most or all of the time. Consider using it in the back of your refrigeration system which is usually on all the time. If you leave your PC/MAC or phone on all the time, this will enhance and assist your computer usage

>The electronics worked better, quicker, smoother, and faster.

What the fuck am I even reading? My sides have officially left the solar system.

ONNIT, MMA, MCT OIL, DUDE WEED LMAO

but does it give you bad shits later?

I want to try it the way you have said. Also, the other anons saying to add coconut oil are soooo right. It's damn tasty!

I don't know about the butter, but your mugs are of the lowest shit tier.

I've added coconut oil and blended it and although I love cooking with it, drinking coconut oil is disgusting. It makes me feel slightly nauseous and I don't notice an energy benefit over regular cream.

Coconut milk is a great creamer though.

Sounds like a disgusting meme.

and mixing it with butter didn't?

I love butter in my coffee before long bike rides. Gave me tons of energy.

If you're going to add fat, add lecithin or another emulsifier too and mix well..

absolutely disgusting

OP here
it's better than expected desu. i used too much the first time, and i dont really think it will emulsify so im not bothering with that either. its pretty good, just make sure you dont use too much.

not my gig but the italians have been doing it for a pretty long time

Some basic chemistry for you all. unless you are getting the prime coffee that is not bitter when you drink it black. Coffee has a bitter taste due to the high alkaline level in the coffee (alkalines are found in poison foods, thats why you get the poops when you drink coffee) however, if we can lower the Ph from basic to acidic, it will taste way better. I taste the black coffee and see how bitter it is and if it is really bitter I put 1/2 a teaspoon of vinegar in the coffee. the acidic vinegar should lower the ph and make it better. if you fuck up and put more vinegar in the coffee, because you are a fuck up. Add a pinch of baking soda to level it back up. the small amount of vinigar does not change the flavor

As anyone that has made butter by hand knows, 1 cup of cream makes about a half cup of butter, and a half cup of butter milk.

So, I think that adding butter to your coffee is like adding cream without the buttermilk... The real issue is the lack of emulsifier.

But if you think drinking coffee with butter is weird, you should also think coffee with cream is weird, because its sort of the same thing.

salted or nah?

so youre saying it's not weird? or youre not only saying that, but that its lack of emulsifier just makes it less correct?