MREs

Hey /ck, I was wondering what opinion you guys have on MREs (Meal Ready to Eat). I am not talking about the commercial MRE packages, I am referring to the military supplied ones. Feel free to comment on what countries have the best MREs, and what personal experiences you have with them.

Nice hiss

Ignore Steveposters

Hide Steveposter threads

Report Nice Hiss posts
Now let's get this out on a tray

My dad brought back an armload of U.S. MRE's from the gulf war when I was a kid. They weren't horrible, but on par with other average canned foods in the states. They're neat, but the novelty wore off after eating a few of them. If I had to eat them for weeks on end it would probably make me depressed and really want real food.

Only friendless losers watch that shit because it's literally just a friend simulator

Speak for yourself fagglt. I'm legitimately interest in old MRE contents; the fact that Steve is personable is only a plus.
go run into a concrete wall headfirst.

You sound triggered

Please join the army and pretend that MRE's are anything but food. If there is one thing good I think can come from the Trump reign, is you millennials and genxr's will be drafted, and eat as many MRE'S as you can stomach before you're wiped out.

t. Baby boomer Vet, who see's you fucks are worthless.

>muh triggered meme retort

>Trump can't even ban Muslims without getting blocked by the courts
>He think he can get away with re-instituting the draft

But what do I care, I already did my time.

>a baby boomer vet
>probably went to Vietnam
>acting like the draft coming back would be a good thing
You wanna know how I can tell you're lying out your fucking ass?

Dude, not nice.

WRELCOM BACK TO MRY RABROTORRY RARE SAFETY IS NUMBLE WAN PIE ORITTY

TOJAY WE HEE AV M R E FROM WINDOW NESIA

OH VWOWW LOOK AT DEESE, IT'S LIKE SAUM PACKIDGE OF SOOGAR OR SUMTHEENG, WHOAAA COOL IT IS SOOGAR, AND OOOOH WHOOOAA COOOOOL IT'S A LITTLE PEE ACKAGE OF SOLT. OH YEAH TASTES SOLTY, WOW THATS SAUM GOO SOLT

NEE OW LYET US MOVE OBEAR TO THE GRAPE FRUIT DRINK MIX. OH WOWWWWW, OOOOOHHHHHHH THAS AMAZING, IT WAS LIKE WHITE POWDER BUT DEN WHEN I ADDED WATER IT TURNDED PURPO COLOR, SO COOL WOW, OH MY GOD

>baby boomer
Thanks for ruining the economy

>free shit from older taxpayers and lots of employment opportunities when young.
>made a shit ton of money screwing over everyone else in middle age.
>gets more free shit from younger generations in old age
>complains incoherently on Veeky Forums cooking board about how worthless everyone else is.

t. "Baby boomer Vet"

W-who is this supposed to be?

nice

someone needs to make an edit ASAP

i think hes just generally mocking people that review MREs on jewtube.
Also, Steve is awesome. Anyone that hates on steve must be a really bitter teenager.

I find the American MRE to be quite sophisticated and decadent I would strongly recommend the peanut butter and jelly on moist bread which has a shelf life of 6 years.

>Baby boomer vet

The worst kind of faggot. Grew up in a lucky time period where everything was great and easier to obtain, ruined the economy, now your old and your life is shit and you tell others what to do. Get cancer and die already you boomer faggot.

>Steveposters
What? Who? I though hiss was a leafy thing

I voted Trump so I wouldn't get drafted when Hillary puts a no-fly zone over fucking Syria you daft motherfuck
Also
>boomer
Go OD on your ponzi scheme funded oxies already

I unironically loved the Vegetarian Omelette MRE (American). Even if you were late to the box, you could always count on veggie omelette being left. It is purely a salt and salsa verde delivery system and came with Skittles (MRE gold). The texture is kind of rubbery, but a rubber that gives way to a slight graininess. It's a shame they stopped producing it.

I binge watched a bunch of these videos a few months back. From what I remember the Canadian, Russian Special Forces and Japanese Self Defense Forces ones were easily the best out of everything I saw. I didn't see any British ones, but the ones from Europe as a whole were largely disappointing, particularly the Italian one, which only had the benefit of good instant coffee.

So yeah, often they're not quite resembling real food, with the exceptions of the ones I listed above. If you happen to find Canadian MREs the poutine one is actually the worst by far, do NOT try it.

>I voted Trump so I wouldn't get drafted
well that wasn't very smart

Understatement. It was actually pretty retarded, thinking Trump has anyone but the rich in mind.

I've got a British one here.

Breakfast

Luncheon.