Fried Chicken General - pls no tendie memes

Let me get some tips on how to make some dank ass fried chicken. No this is not the gay tendie meme.

Currently marinated chicken breast in buttermilk, cayenne, and some other spices over night ready to fry on pan with some vegie oil.

I noticed some people use eggs in their marinade. Is it better than using just buttermilk? I have never tried.

So I have been experimenting with different methods of preparation and cooking. Still haven't tried baking yet or deep frying because it wastes oil.

Do you guys put spices in the flour/breading material? I've had bad experiences with burning of the breading with what i'm assuming low burning spices like garlic powder.

i've once tried letting my chicken sit in a brine over night and it worked well but is a lot of preparation.

Pam Anderson "The Perfect Recipe" -- season buttermilk, brine chicken 8-12 hours, remove, dredge, veg shortening in Dutch oven w lid, 1/2", 350F, place skin side down, cover, wait 5 min, check on how it's doing, another 5 min, then removed the lid, flip chicken, cover w splatter screen, another 5 min, check, a final 5 min, remove to drain. I like to hit it w a lot of ground pepper.

Best recipe I've ever tried. You want a good potato salad recipe to go with the chicken? How about the KFC copycat cole slaw recipe, too? And make some buttermilk biscuits. 4,000 calorie meal, but it sure is good...

Did someone say tendies?

Those tendies look fucking delicious

Brine yo chicken. Pickle juice dat shit.

egg is to help the breading stick not for the marinade. if you aren't going to deep fry you might as well just go to popeyes.

Raising Kane's is objectively the best fried chicken.

What's the nastiest thing you would do for a caniac combo with extra toast and sauce.

>I noticed some people use eggs in their marinade. Is it better than using just buttermilk?

Eggs have zero benefit in a marinade. I think the people that do this are confused by the use of egg wash for breading so they put it in the marinade for some reason. Don't do that, it's pointless.

>So I have been experimenting with different methods of preparation and cooking. Still haven't tried baking yet or deep frying because it wastes oil.

Deep frying doesn't waste oil, you can re-use the oil many many times.

>Do you guys put spices in the flour/breading material? I've had bad experiences with burning of the breading with what i'm assuming low burning spices like garlic powder.

It's a common practice but I don't like doing it. Some spices can burn well before the chicken is cooked properly. Also, adding spices to the breading is relatively inefficient. Not much of the flavor remains when you're done cooking, but a lot of flavor gets into the oil. That's fine if all you're doing is cooking fried chicken with that oil, but if you want to use the oil for frying other foods it could introduce unwanted flavors. I say keep the breading un-seasoned. If you want to add more flavor then do so via the marinade or by seasoning afterward, perhaps via a sauce.

There is no low that I wouldn't sink to for just one of their tenders and a drop of their sauce.

....except for learning to make it yourself, apparently.

I make a bunch of money and drive a nice car, why would I do anything for myself?

When you're right, you're right user.

Because you just stated there's no "low" you wouldn't sink to.

Apparently I just found one.

Good for you, detective. What mystery will you be solving next?

>I noticed some people use eggs in their marinade. Is it better than using just buttermilk? I have never tried.
Nope, you're going for #1 there with the buttermilk. There's no reason to brine with buttermilk.
>Do you guys put spices in the flour/breading material? I've had bad experiences with burning of the breading with what i'm assuming low burning spices like garlic powder.
Always put salt, pepper, maybe even lawrys or tony cacheres. You can do garlic, onion and paprika as the spice blends contain, and they don't honestly burn in a frying endeavor, but could in an oven breading. If you want to play it totally safe, hit the wet chicken with your combination seasoning, and then dredge in the flour.

I hope you are pan frying in a heavy pot such as a cast iron or le crueset. There's a bit of browning that happens when it isn't fully submerged in a deep fryer that is awesomely best.

this looks fucking awesome

I have no idea. It depends on whatever stupid statement you make next.

Find out the cause of your faggotry for me, please.

I react to people who post stupid things like "there's no low I wouldn't go to for X" and feel compelled to reply. It's purely a reaction to your idiocy.

Not him, but technically if he learned their recipe it would still be his chicken since he's the one making it. For it to be their chicken, that user would have to go to a store and by their chicken.

The two of you are idiots, but you still haven't proven anything.

people that try to make fun of people on Veeky Forums and think that they're smart depress me

How do I make a good marinade?