Microwave popcorn

Any brands that are actually good?

Pop-secret always has been the best brand, but Movie Theatre butter has always been the best flavor.

You got to find one without diacetyl though, that shit can kill your lungs.

>diacetyl
>i wonder what that is
>google
>bronchiolitis obliterans
Thank fuck I don't work in a popcorn factory. I'm probably only getting this as a one-off novelty, though.

Kirkland
Fuck spending $1 a bag

If you eat microwave popcorn, you will get "popcorn lung" and die a slow and painful death.

No. Since they all use fat that's solid at room temperature they only taste decent for about 1.5 minutes after popping. Then it reverts into trash. Every other method of popping corn is superior. You should have asked which brands are less bad.

I usually do it on the stovetop, just feel like trying the microwave crap out of curiosity.

I've tried air popper and stovetop, but it feels like I'm missing a step. Am I over cooking? Seasoning badly? I don't know.

>missing a step
What exactly is wrong with your results? And what is your process?

here is where you are mistaken, the popcorn does become trash after 2 minutes, but then becomes godly after 24 hours

Just tastes.....off

And there's not many steps, pot with oil/butter cover and wait till it's done.

Apparently, according to someone on here, you're supposed to heat up one kernel until it pops, then add the rest.

I always just dumped the whole thing in and they never popped right.

I see, I'll try that next time.

Why would you have microwaved popcorn if you can make it in a kettle in the same amount of time for less money and better taste?

holy shit I thought you niggers were just memeing

>On 16 January 2008, it was announced that Wayne Watson, a Denver man who developed "popcorn lung" after inhaling fumes from microwaved popcorn, was suing the Kroger grocery store chain and its affiliates. In the lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court, Watson's attorney claimed that the companies "failed to warn that preparing microwave popcorn in a microwave oven as intended and smelling the buttery aroma could expose the consumer to an inhalation hazard and a risk of lung injury."

Don't forget the fun of cleaning a kettle! That's the best part! WOO!! DISHES!! WOOO!!! PARTY!!!

C A N C E R
A
N
C
E
R

I don't do microwave popcorn, but pic related was my favorite back when I used to eat popcorn.

just buy a giant bag of kernels and some lunch bags.

>Any brands that are actually good?
PopSecret has a funky oily taste that is like someone put the wrong kind of oil on the popcorn. Pop Secret uses partially hydrogenated soybean oil. Orville uses palm oil (naturally solid at room temp), and makes a less oily final product.

All corn is GMO, ioh well, but the Orville genetic engineering is awesome. I get 100% pop rate, so no partial pops that might break a molar. No thick hulls to drive underneath your gums, or tickle your throat. It's a huge difference. Even if you pop from the jars of kernels of either brand, you'll notice there's no unpopped in the Orville pot. Big plus in quality!

Orville also has "natural" lines of microwave popcorn, that are about as close as you can get to basic homemade butter, oil, salt of homemade. And, their salt and lime is delish.

I do make homemade on the stove from time to time, or air pop, and when I do, it's real butter. I melt in microwave in a pyrex measuring cup and drizzle the bowl when half filled, and again when full. Grind of sea salt.

Fun tip: Orville makes a caramel popcorn with a packet block of melting caramel, that you cut up in a big blocky square that melts over the hot popcorn. But, woah! Throw about 1/2 cup of mixed nuts on there first and make your own poppycock/fiddlefaddle creation.

What happens if I open a bag of Pop-Secret popcorn and pour the seeds into a popcorn maker?

If it's an air popper, you'd get a mess or a fire because it's a rectangular puck of solid fats and kernels. It would probably work okay on the stovetop if you stirred it around as the fat is melting. I've rinsed the fat off kernels in hot water and dried them out before. It works okay, but it still fucks with the moisture content so it never pops quite as well.

>not just buying kernels and making your own popcorn in the pan

way cheaper and tastes better

seriously just do this

also air poppers are for pussies

blast o butter is the best if you like buttery popcorn.
pretty sure that shit got phased out as soon as it got bad press

this makes me incredibly sad

This.

They also package their shit in a "pop-up bow", which makes eating out of the bag easy as shit.

It tastes much different than any other brand of microwave popcorn, which at first for me was weird, but I got used to it and prefer it now.

You can get damn near 100% kernels popped, but some of the end product gets burnt, so I'm fine leaving some kernels unpopped.

That and it just means that there's more delicious, synthetic """""butter"""""" to go around for the rest of the popped corn.

Literally the only brand I buy now, it's worth the price. Just don't fuck up and buy the single serve size.