What does Veeky Forums think of Outback Steakhouse?

What does Veeky Forums think of Outback Steakhouse?

I had ribs from there once. They sucked.

The baby back ribs I had there weren't too bad, at least from the one I went to.

WORSE CHAIN EVER!

> chain restaurant
> food wasn't good

Check out Sherlock Holmes over here

I'm pretty sure that title belongs to Chili's.

Nah, their bacon potato soup is a redeeming feature, along with their burgers and maybe one burrito. The rest of their menu can fall off a cliff, though.

I've ordered steak three times at 2 different places and it's been cold every time. Would not order a steak from there again.

Dude Outback Steakhouse is literally a scam. They don't serve good steaks at all(limited menu) and there portions are shitty. Plus they are way overpriced. I only went there once for lunch and never went back.

>He hates their fried cheese curds.

Holy shit, how can one man be so wrong?

Used to be my favorite chain. They've declined greatly in quality and service over the last 15 years or so.

Like the bloomin onion (love it to be honest). Like the sweet rye bread. Used to have a good burger, but that's gone. I want to like the house soup, but there's just something off about it. Steaks are sub par. Wallaby Darned is decent for a novelty drink from a chain.

Bloomin' delicious.

Yeah their quality definitely dropped. I haven't been to one in ~5 years now but I remember last time I went that the portion sizes seriously dropped and prices went up as well. Haven't been back because of that and because of the nightmare stories I've heard from friends about undercooked steaks and horrible treatment from managers.

I used to work at outback about 10 years ago at one of the busiest branches in the entire US. The quality was much better then. Literally all ingredients, i.e, sauces were all made in house. Food quality was up, and the choice beef they had was excellent. Now everything has gone to shit. OSI has fell off the bandwagon. There used to be a rhetoric in the company to "try" compete or be the average mans Ruths Chris but this went to shit about 5 years ago. It's nothing near what it used to be due to poor upper management.

t. Outback Manager/Headwait for 3 years.

>No Rules Just right.
>They get upset when I shoot one of the props on the walls.
>They say no rules, you need to adhere to that.
>Shoot the manager and demand a refund on my appies.

try finding a Longhorn Steakhouse, pretty solid joint for good meats. recommend the lamb

Everytime I've gone it's always for a family gathering. Never had to pay or worry about what I'm ordering. So it's a 9/10 in my book.

This. Friend dragged me there once, I bit into a rib, and the bone promptly turned into powder in my mouth. They serve the worst meat of any steakhouse chain -- think "40 year old dairy cow that has been getting buttfucked by the farmhands" -- and dump tenderizers all over it to make it chewable.

Went there a couple of times since then with my aunt, but only because she and her friends (all in their seventies, so no more tastebuds) wanted to go there. It's an awful place.

I don't know about now, it's been easily ten years since I went to a Chili's in the U.S., but they used to be pretty decent.

Went to one in Taipei about four years ago and was disappointed, but that's every Western food place in Taipei. Very limited menu compared to the U.S., small portions, poor quality. You just can't get some of the ingredients in Taiwan, and most of the rest are low quality.

Not as good as Cheesecake Factory

Chains are for people who don't know what real food tastes like and want to spend $20 on frozen boil in a bag entrees

Cheesecake is fresh daily

Hope you got that refund bro. Fucking Aussies trying to ruin our freedoms.

Longhorn is better

Longhorns only good dish is the chicken with cheese on it.

They only give refunds in Australian money.
An Abbo stole it from me before I could fire off a shot.

Fresh but still mediocre, their bread service is good at least though. I like choices on a menu but theirs is overwhelming as well.

The longhorn near me burns fucking every single thing I order.
Meanwhile Outback has always been great for a chain restaurant.

>chain steakhouse
>lamb
No thank you

Or salmon for that matter, I've never been to a chain that didn't serve bland dry salmon.

Same, aside from Joey's Only, which is a pretty damn good chain if you like seafood.

That's a big lamb

For ewe

Chain restaurants are only good for appetizers and that's all. It's not a coincidence that they're all advertising them being endless and shit now. There's also always a waiter who squats down, writes your order over the table, and never ceases to check on you.

Haven't been there in a while, but last time I was there my steak was decent. The blooming onion is a god-tier appetizer. I had ahi tuna there once and it blew my fucking mind. I'm sure it's not really much like real 'Straya food, but it's pretty okay for the price and I didn't expect authenticity anyway.

Like their New York strip. I had sex with a half black half mexican girl after taking her here. Her areolas were very dark

I like the way you think user.

How dare you insult the miso salmon master race.

For 12.99 this great deal
I would encourage you all to try the 3 point bloomin onion.