Supplement thread

What are some supplements one should have in his house?

Fiber, electrolytes and multivitamins but what else?

Which brands do you recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/09/your-daily-multivitamin-is-pointless-at-best.html
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/1357266
nutritionfacts.org/video/is-vitamin-d3-better-than-d2/
nutritionfacts.org/video/cheapest-source-of-vitamin-b12/
nutritionfacts.org/video/daily-source-of-vitamin-b12/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18561722
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14505813
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16879829
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22113870
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21924882
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21975919
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20439549
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18370571
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16388069
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11870016
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12365878
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19487105
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22345681
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22313793
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21961774
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14669965
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20491709
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17435458
amazon.com/Bad-Science-Quacks-Pharma-Flacks/dp/0865479186
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fish oil and zinc

Try eating healthy shit to begin with and expect to end up healthy

I take a reputable multi vit (not Centrum), vitamin D3 and fish oil. Brands will vary so I say just do your own research.

I've noticed an improvement in appearance, hair health and overall mood. Still crushingly depressed but not to the extent that I don't want to get out of bed.

xanax

Just do substantial exercise for about an hour, 3 times a week, that will probably help depression.

Magnesium and zinc are two really important ones that a lot of people are lacking.

nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/09/your-daily-multivitamin-is-pointless-at-best.html

if vitamins have no effect then why can't I just eat tendies and root beer all day? if micros don't matter I can eat whatever I want as long as I don't get too many calories.

What is wrong with centrum?

I started taking tart cherry concentrate for joint pain, found out they also had an effect on sleep allowing me to go to sleep faster and deeper. So much damn REM sleep now.

>if vitamins have no effect

Try not to be ignorant you're entire life.

The point of the article is that unless your diet is terrible, then you already get more than enough vitamins and minerals. Taking more, in the form of pills, is at best pointless (as they pass directly out of your body) and at worst could be dangerous (E.g. Vitamin E toxicity).

In addition, if your normal diet is so poor that you do *not* absorb your RDA of vitamins & minerals, you should fix your diet, and not just patch it up with supplements.

It is in fact quite difficult to fail to get your RDA of vitamins & minerals. The only people who would benefit from regularly taking vitamin supplements are people with a genuine medical problem or genuine dietary restriction which may cause them to lack access to a specific vitamin or mineral.

tl;dr: the multi-billion dollar vitamin industry is a scam. They rely on your ignorance to scam you. You are being scammed.

Why not just use natural supplements?

Creatine

>Taking D3 without K2

Shiggy

Most people don't have trouble getting a fair balance of vitamins and minerals because their foods are already fortified; they are already supplementing unconsciously. Supplementation isn't ineffective or pointless if you're not already doing it.

Ashwagandha

It increases testosterone

My sex drive is through the roof since taking it. Maybe not good if you're incel

Vitamin D3 is the only vitamin difficult to acquire from diet.

Vitamin D2 is useless by the way since your body doesn't really process it well.

Only a few food sources like Sardines have Vitamin D3.

Creatine, Vitamin D, Zinc and Fish oil

Not all shit will be 100% healty.

>Fiber
Eat your vegetables,
>electrolytes
Do you even know what that means?
>multivitamins
No

I take D3 because I live in the frozen north where the sun doesn't shine, creatine because I barely eat any meat and it helps with gainz, and occasionally melatonin and ZMA as a sleep aid

Other than that, I do use protein powder (usually casein) if that counts as a supplement, but I count it as a food since it's a macro nutrient

ashwagandha is not a joke.

i take

ashwaganda
5-htp
carnitine
diphenhydramine
circumin
piperine
AKG arginine
alpha lipoic acid
vitamin D
theanine
4-aco-dmt
caffeine
l-citruline
gluconorolactone
choline
propylhexadrine
tyrosine
mucuna pruriens
alpha GPC

enjoy liquifying your brain and being a middle aged zombie with excitotoxicity later in life

enjoy being retarded, i guess.

I just ordered a tub of uridine, and I'm about to buy some fish oil & a (good) multi. Already have a bunch of Alpha-GPC, so all this will comprise the basic Happy Stack. I'm looking for gainz in mood, attention, and maybe the dreaded 'tism. Are there any other supps that you recommend stacking with them?

It's not quite a supplement, but tea is a fabulous supplement. It's loaded with antioxidants, heart-healthy compounds, and oother goodies; different tea styles can have wildly different arrays of healthy stuff, but it's all reasonably good for you.

Why do you take an antihistamine? Does that help in some way?

>4-aco-dmt
>fucking propylhexadrine

May I ask how it came to be that you take this many noots? Seems like an odd selection. Do you rotate the different choline sources? Doesn't make much sense to use them all concurrently.

I eat healthy as I can...
I have a lot of drugs but they're not vitamins for the most part.

I supplement D because I always end up deficient when I get bloodwork results. I simply don't bake enough in the sun daily to synthesize enough I guess (work with computers/indoors/sunscreen). I have a multivitamin I might take if I feel short on sleep or been around sick people. I have a biotin rich vitamin also that is labelled hair and nail formula. Makes my fingernails grow like crazy. It works. I have krill source fish oil megared that has some inflammation ingredient. I have achilles tendonitis from antibiotic usage for a sinus infection like 2 years ago. They still hurt. So, I have ankle and foot pain pretty badly, so I pop the megared if I have a full meal that has enough fat to help metabolize it. Sometimes I supplement probiotics if I had some food poisoning recently. Fiber? Nah, I get enough in my actual diet.

I love Vitafusion sleep formula, gummies with melatonin, valerian, camomile, lemon balm. Knocks me the heck out. It's good to reset your clock for time changes from trips, or a late night.

Nexium, Tagamet, benadryl, Aleve, sudafed 12h, flonase...these are occasional and/or daily use. Red tide has been killing my lungs lately, making eyes water, etc. Three days without aleve and I start to walk like an old person.

Basically this, and a scoop of whey protein with my eggs in the morning

>I'm still fat though

I won't serious weight until I get a full time job, but I'm hopeful for the future with Trump as president

multivitamin, fish oil, zinc, vitamin d

if not bait, what the fuck is your problem?

Is there a good fiber pill anyone can recommend? I don't think I have a fiber deficit per se, I just like taking firm poops.

>fiber
Should be easily obtained by eating a balanced diet.

>electrolytes
Are you retarded? Are you a soccer mom?

>multivitamins
Vitamins and minerals should also be obtained from a balanced diet. Also, certain synthetic vitamins, A and E being the worst offenders, have been proven to not only be completely worthless in preventing disease but actually contribute to increased risk of all cause mortality.

>fish oil
>he's still wasting money on the fish oil scam

>jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/1357266
>Overall, omega-3 PUFA supplementation was not associated with a lower risk of all-cause mortality, cardiac death, sudden death, myocardial infarction, or stroke based on relative and absolute measures of association.

No, just from a zone where the average temperature is 41°C for 5 months.

>Metamucil
>Aspirin
>Caffeine
>Vitamin D - Because I never go outside

>vyvanse - for the autism

boredom

Image how much time, effort, and money you would save from just taking a single antipsychotic a day!

>Vitamin D2 is useless by the way since your body doesn't really process it well.
>Only a few food sources like Sardines have Vitamin D3.
This is true, and the optimal amount is 2,000 IU/Day
nutritionfacts.org/video/is-vitamin-d3-better-than-d2/

>Vitamin D3 is the only vitamin difficult to acquire from diet.
This isn't true because of Vitamin B12 which isn't made by animal or plants, only bacteria. Even for omnivores, the amount of B12 that is stored in consumed animal tissue from their bacteria production isn't on it's own a high enough dosage for optimal health because of how poorly it is absorbed by the human body. You are better off eating fortified foods (like cereal or nutritional yeast) or supplementing with either a single 2500mcg dose/week or 250mcg/day which yields around a 4-6mcg level in the bloodstream:
nutritionfacts.org/video/cheapest-source-of-vitamin-b12/
nutritionfacts.org/video/daily-source-of-vitamin-b12/

What's up FDA?

You and the NFPA still have that beef about 4/5 of your wheat additives having NFPA 704 ratings of 1 for hazards to humans?

Shill harder.
Wikipedia says it's great for you.
Chemical manufacturers clearly label it as hazardous to ingest.
Riboflavin is biocumulative and extremely harmful to the liver and the most toxic thing you guys add.

But people can use google pretty well these days can't they? They wouldn't possibly believe that man made synthetic chemicals are vital for human function right?
No one can be this dumb can they?

b12 lel

if you live somewhere where you don't get a lot of sun (canada, UK, russia etc) then Vitamin D

if you live far away from the ocean, in a place where fish is expensive or are allergic to seafood, fish oil/omega-3

other than that stop living off of KD and instant ramen and just learn to cook and eat properly. no excuses.

Vitamin B is so fucking easy to get though. Just have some fucking vegemite & cheese on toast for breakfast or something, jesus.

>1483230710433.gif
what is this madness? why is the ping ball machine thing aborted prematurely?

Vitamin D is something every faggot on Veeky Forums should take

Could you link an actual study and not a momscience article?

Professional athletes takes injections of vitamin b during their seasons

It's called broccoli

>the fish oil scam
Fish oil supplementation is associated with
a reduction in triglycerides
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18561722
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14505813
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16879829
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22113870
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21924882
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21975919
(there are dozens more studies if this ain't enough for you)

also a reduction in depression
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20439549
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18370571
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16388069
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11870016
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12365878

reduction in blood pressure
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19487105
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22345681
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22313793

reduction in childhood ADHD
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21961774
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14669965
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20491709
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17435458

Also -Increase in HDL-C, decrease in inflammation, increase in infant birth weight

This is a good start and contains references to a bunch of primary sources:

amazon.com/Bad-Science-Quacks-Pharma-Flacks/dp/0865479186

Utter rubbish.

adult multigummies are the only answer