Sushi

Is this stuff just a meme or what?

>is sushi an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.
No.
Get an education.
Faggot.

Yes.
ignore this retard

Shitpost much, milenniels?

Do they not even cook it?

>is [a recipe] an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.

user, I...

Who mentioned a recipe, shitwit?

Sushi is a recipe or method of cooking or preparing food i.e a meme

>is sushi an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.

Yes.

the ancient art of sushi making is not a meme. it's pure, fresh and healthy food for the sophisticated modern person.

maybe 20 years ago

I had a sushi phase and sometimes pick up the stuff from Walmart if I don't feel like going to the restaurant.

Here's the deal. Its practically fish bait that is smoked.

Any real Japanese person would just stick to the habachi grill and order a side of smoked fish and steamed rice.
There's no sense in paying 2 dollars for a small bite of salmon because there are places where its all you can eat for 10 bucks a person.

I make sushi for upwards of 8 hours a day. In my eye, there's traditional shit, then there's mayo covered bullshit that just looks good for isntagram.

Hey! Glad you're still here!

Looks like you've upped your shiposting game. Calling people milennials is sure to trigger these cuck snowflakes.
Can't wait to see your future work!

-your anonymous admirer

All foods that could be considered belonging to a culture are memes by definition.

If you're just trying to ask "is sushi just trendy bullshit" but in a manner consistent with the rest of this site, 1) please learn the meaning of words before you use them, and 2) basically what said. It's more common now and less trendy. Sushi burritos on the other hand, are fucking trendy bullshit.

The best is all the dumb Americans that think sushi is healthy. They end up just eating a tiny bit of protein, a bunch of rice, and usually some bullshit mayo and sauce on top.

nigiri master shogun reporting in.
get them nasty rolls outta here.

Is this some sort of fetish for you?
Genuinely curious.

Yeah I love watching fat people think they are eating healthy while they spike their insulin, fuel themselves purely off glucose, and continue to expand.

My favorite is the one eating six times a day so they never let their insulin drop.

I'm a fucking casual when it comes to sushi. I love California rolls, but greatly dislike most other types of sushi. I really don't like the shit that's just a slab of meat laid across a piece of rice, nasty.
I generally dislike Asian food now that I think about it.

>tfw eating homemade fake crab + cream cheese roll drenched in shrimp sauce multiple times a week

That's barely food

That's so weird because watching you do that is MY fetish.

Who here likes mackerel sushi? I sure don't.

We should fuck!

Done right, sushi is the careful marriage of the choiciest raw ingredients and vinegared rice. The simplicity of it highlights the nuances of these ingredients, and is a wonderful tradition, now exported and played around with to mixed results. It could be compared to steak as a classic form built on showcasing perfected simplicity.
There is fuck all point eating it unless it is done right, so eat at a respectable place or learn to make it yourself.

I only like sushi when there is a roll around it and lots of rice so it doesn't taste like sushi

Rate my sushi.

First attempt ever. It's spicy tuna btw

its one of a variety of foods consumed by race traitor millennials who have abandoned the White foods of their heritage.

Bait in a sushi thread? Delicious!

daily reminder the most popular sushi rolls in america are named after american states and cities

Ah yes we must only be eating bratwurst and sauerkraut mein brother 1488 :-)

Only if it's served by Master Meme.

>tfw the best sushi is cooked eel

Really makes you think.

sorta, but not nearly as much as this abomination. I live in the trendiest most garbagey town and like 5 of these places have sprung up recently. Who the fuck wouldn't prefer small rolls?

Haha wow, good one

I didn't try sushi until I was 23 because I don't like fish. Over the past 3 years I've eaten it a lot and when I go out with friends it's usually what we eat. I like the fried rolls or the ones with cooked fish like unangi in it. I've actually gotten kind of bored with sushi this year because I have it so much. Just going out to a place where you get $8 rolls doesn't do it for me any more. Expensive rolls on someone else's dime I'd be down for.

sf? portland? austin?

if ur town was truly trendy it is now the pokerito. sushirito is sooooo three years ago

This isn't necessarily true though there are japanese that love sushi

Abandoned? More like they were never taught their heritages

Shit's disgusting. Pic related is from a place in my town. I'm pretty sure it has fucking flaming hot cheeto power coating it. The mix of fix flavor, flaming hot, sweet cabbage taste is enough to make me gag.

I think that's fish roe, not Cheeto dust.
Either way it looks bad

What the fuck

>Only one resutant that serves sushi that I've been to actually makes sushi soy-sauce

I can never eat sushi with regular sauce again, why don't more places do this?

Korean gimbap > Japanese sushi.

Toronto

Yeah that's the thing with Toronto hip and trendy, it's always a few years back of real trends because >Canada

Goddammit I love sushi. I want to get sushi tonight, but my sushi oriented friends are all busy. Is it appropriate to eat at a restaurant by myself?

I fuckin hate Takuan tho and it's almost always in it

I'm guessing that's what that yellow radish is called. I can't stand that shit either. Small doses at best.

Yeah. Shit is just overpowering and is just a nasty sort of sweetness to me.

I love California rolls with shrimp/imitation crab with avocado. Dipping it in soy sauce or just a bit of wasabi is to die for. Traditional Japanese sushi is trash but at least the US improved upon it and made it a good dish now. Crab or shrimp should be the only seafood meat that comes on my sushi.

betting that isnt real wasabi

Nigger have you even tried salmon nigiri?

It's real I see them squeeze it out of some toothpaste like tube thingy. Says it's real wasabi on the label.

I can't eat fish so that is disgusting.

Your life is disgusting

>sushi with cream cheese in it

pig
fucking
disgusting

since when did this become a thing?

Memes are a meme. They aren't real and they don't mean anything.

Looks alright.
Practice your rice, over and over and over. Get autistic with the rice, then worry about all the rest of your stuff. Start with nigiri and easy rolls using cheap fish and veggies, then learn to bring out the flavour of quality. A high end mackerel for the same price as so so tuna is the better option, for the moment. Watch the masters and be patient.

Best of luck

sushi is something that you get better at with every time so keep at it

"real" wasabi basically doesn't exist outside of japan or really high end restaurants

Where do you work?

>Who here likes mackerel sushi? I sure don't.

I fucking love it. Always order +10 of them whenever I go out to at a place that actually serves it.

Yes. Literally all cuisine is memetic. Look at your damn definition, do you think that sushi places exist because we're GENETICALLY predisposed to make and eat shit rolled up in seaweed and sushi rice? No. We learn to do it.

What year were you born in, faggot?

Even in Japan a lot of wasabi is fake, it's not like it tastes good anyways

Fucking Dragon Rolls! Absolutely love this shit

This sadly

I think you know the answer to that question. Looks like grocery store take out for you, user

Yes it's appropriate you autist. Go to the nicest place you can afford, sit at the bar, eat and engage the guys making it behind the bar in conversation. I learned a long time ago to get on a first name basis with my favorite sushi chefs. I get free extras all the time

That's unagi nigiri.

At my local sushi place the rolled version of this is a dragon roll