Buy coffee at costco

>buy coffee at costco
it's visibly fresh, glossy, fragrant, and perfect

>buy coffee at literally any "local" roaster for double the price or more
it's dull in colour and odor, stale, broken, mediocre beans

every fucking time

The beans I buy from my favorite local roaster are incredibly flavorful, shade grown, bird friendly, etc... I've had coffee this good before, but only a couple of times over 40 years...

>>buy coffee at costco
>it's visibly fresh, glossy, fragrant, and perfect
Costco is gourmet, and they move their stock pretty quickly. Costco membership stats prove that more than 75% of cardholders are very high income. Their customers are demanding of quality. Vacuum fresh bags are also pretty nice. I too notice a lack of luscious coffee oils on surfaces of old coffees.

When I buy coffee at Dean and Deluca, or even "Fresh Market" from the bins, they're exposed to air, and the roast types are great, but I doubt the good flavored ones move very fast (the best flavor is l'orange, of course). You're better off getting it in the bag if it displays a "roasted date" on the label. Whole bean, you grind yourself is ideal, as well, or else use it within 3 days once ground. I have roasters in my town....and bleh, they are only so great. I think their stock doesn't move so quickly.

maybe if they lowered their prices...

i appreciate the "support local" meme but i really can't justify paying 100$+ more on worse coffee

>bird friendly
I always buy bird friendly beans. Then I feed them to my pet parrots and when they shit them out I roast the poop for the ultimate pot of coffee

i meant 100%

what are you talking about? you can buy single bags. are you only going to the business locations??

>not going to Starbucks wearing a North Face

i don't get why they beg it with the stock they brew in house.

unless that stale shit IS what they brew in house. ugh

i've never bought bin coffee so i can't comment on that

i don't get why they *don't bag it, rather

Do yourself a favor and aquire yourself a marsupial to harvest poo beans from.
The decadence is second to none

>2.5lb coffee for $13
How much does that buy you at a micro roaster, 0.5lbs? It doesn't even shine.

>paying for a memebership so you can shop

>>paying for a memebership so you can shop
Well, no poor folks in the parking lot is one bonus.

But, I make up my $50 annual fee the first time I buy a family cookout kind of meat, or shop for a national holiday, you know the whole turkey and the trimmings, some prime rib roast, or my first couple bags of produce. I make up the $50 the second time I fill up my car there at a .50 cent cost savings.

There is a type of fleecing of the poor, those who don't drive who only shop the one most local, most convenient store. The people who pay 75% of the price of a larger size for something half as small. It's legal gouging if you think about it. If you think rich people don't do the math, and should prefer to shop at Wal-mart for free, then Costco wouldn't exist? Why are the wealthiest shelling out $50, because it's not worth it? The selection certainly isn't the reason. Costco has almost no brand choices.

You need a better local roaster. Better yet, get a hot air popcorn popper and start craft roasting yourself. Since its got a small chamber, you have to roast in small batches until you figure out your technique. Finding green coffee beans isn't that hard.

I work at the Fresh Market, and I can confirm our flavors don't move that fast. Honestly the best coffee to buy at tfm is an import when it goes on sale.

Thank you user. I will do that

the coffee selection at my costco has been consistently garbage the last few months
>burnt shit starbucks french roast $15 for 2lbs
>burnt shit dark roast columbian $12 for 3lbs
>FLAVORED vanilla coffee $12 for 3lbs

and that's it

as some who brought myself out of poverty (i think my worst year i made less than $7000usd) i've never understood poor people's aversion to costco. it's like they want to be poor forever.
i didn't buy a membership when i was poor but i'd definitely glom onto my friends and family whenever they'd take me. why buy a 2 months supply of flimsy garbage bags that will break open and create messes and hassle when you can get a 2 year supply of big sturdy ones for the same price?

i know from experience that being poor ends up costing you more money but you don't have to give in to it. too many people give up

>Popcorn popper
You heard it here first folks: A $2 yard sale reject is better than a $3,000 coffee roasting machine.

t. delusional moron

Don't knock it till you try it.
Microroasters aren't actually any better at roasting coffee than some guy with a popcorn popper.

Yes yes, little user, I'm sure your popcorn beans are just as good as the pros!

You're not making any actual arguments.

This is boring.

>Being surprised someone won't argue seriously with a flat earther.
What did he mean by this?

Where do you find green bean coffee without some kind of insane markup from profiteering hipster retards?

middle eastern/turkish supermarkets