Is there a better soy sauce than kikkoman?

Everything else just tastes like pure salt water.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.co/eF3v57e
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go to an Asian market and try some of the ones they sell. Much better and usually one a couple of dollars.

Thanks user

Any ones in particular that i should keep an eye out for?

I was honestly hoping to just order on amazon or something because i hate the real world.

just buy any of them, kikkoman is a meme for white people

Any of the ones that come in bottle that looks like a pine sol bottle. I never seem to get the same one twice but I've never been disappointed.

try some tamari soy sauce, typically most commercial soy sauces contains wheat in addition to soy, tamari is pure soy.

>kikkoman is a meme for white people

Wut? No. It was brewed long before the west, other than a handful of sailors, knew anything about soy sauce.

aloha shoyu

SHOW ME
SHOW YOU

I'm a Yamasa man myself, buy a gallon of it at a time.

According to America's Test Kitchen, for nationally available brands, no. Also Lea and Perrins is the best Worcestershire sauce.

Not saying you couldn't find better in boutique or foreign groceries though.

I've always liked San-J tamari soy sauce

my asian market sells kikkoman.

your move

the point is that it's an overpriced meme and people buy it because it's the only thing on the shelf in their Sobey's or whatever

>Sobey
fuck off leaf

enjoy your overpriced salty bean water faggot

Try this.

a.co/eF3v57e

lee kum lee is the best I've had so far
you can get it at some walmarts

It's just soy sauce, who the fuck cares

This nigga knows whats up.

Honestly Kikkoman in America is worse than most of the other Asian soy sauces and I usually avoid it. Tasted fine in Japan when I lived there and I would switch of between it and Yamasa.

Much better than fake shit like La Choy though

99ยข Only sells it too.

It's $2.40 for the little one here

My asian market also sells Kikkoman, in giant jugs nonetheless

Lea and Parrins are the ones who invented it, I only go with them

La Choy.
Only soy sauce I use.

Fuck off that shouldn't even be called 'soy sauce'. Worst shit I've ever tasted. Buying that once while in a bind actually motivated me to find brands I liked and to never allow that shit to pass my lips again

>using soy sauce

I get gluten-free organic tamari sauce with reduced sodium.

Yamasa

San-J Tamari

and Tabasco are my favorites

As someone who is currently living in Japan I can tell you that Kikkoman is definitely the standard even in Asia. I mean, I've seen other soy sauces, don't get me wrong, but a hefty amount of restaurants will have Kikkoman on the table.

KIKKO BEAM!!!

ALL THOSE FOREIGN SAUCES. WHAT A JOKE!

This, I can't tell the difference.

mine has 5 gallon pails covered with dried blood under the refrigerated meat display

not quite, but kikkoman is the kewpie mayo of soy sauces. it's pretty ok, available everywhere, better than most shit but there are better options if you look hard enough.

also if the label doesn't have any chinese or japanese on it, it's probably trash.

But kewpie is the best Japanese mayo.

in Japan, yes I agree. in other countries it's not quite the same; just like Kikkoman shouyu.

Kikkoman taste different in Japan

You have to be careful with soy sauces brewed in other countries than Japan. They have exacting standards for producing quality products, whereas with China or Korea, let alone SEA, you can get some bizarre chemical concoctions that are quite nasty. Similar to the kind of shit the US processed meat corporations pull. Look at the label of a typical kielbasa in the US and you get a pretty good idea of the kind of shit that happens. Rest assured, a 300 year old Japanese company doesn't do that.

If I did a Soy Vey like sauce and called it Kike Oh Man, would I get sued?

I'd buy it because it caters to my anti-semetic world view but yeah you'd probably get hit with a C&D

This. Japan is the kind of country where a single bad review can shut down even the largest company. They don't fuck around.

This

I use san-j tamari

chinese and japanese soy sauce is different, you should have one tamari, one light, one dark soy

My wife is Japanese. We shop at an Asian grocery store and she buys some real deal extra strong stuff imported from Japan. Crazy thing is, it's still Kikkoman brand. For mass produced, there is no better (though I do recommend getting imported kikkoman if you wanna up your shouyu game.)

/pic related

saying tamari is better than soy sauce is like saying apple juice is better than juice

Hey, World Market and asian places have this. I will have to go there for soy sauce from now. Thanks, user.

Chances are if it looks shoddy and has a bunch of gooky dooky characters on it it will be top tier sauce
But really you should be making your own soy sauce

is she kawaii

I used this shit whenever I cooked at my gf's place in Japan, it's definitely better than the stuff in the US.

>chinese soy sauce

No, when I want to have petroleum extract in my food, I'll let you know.