Boop

Chefs/cooks what Are your pet peeves?

People who can't identify a properly cooked steak when they received exactly what they asked for

Fucking Mexicans that work on the line that think they're tough shit and then go home to their shit hole apartment. Get the fuck outta here before I call la migra

The pay fucking sucks, chain restaurants fucking suck, fancy restaurants fucking suck.

The most fun I've ever had working in a kitchen was a small, from scratch kitchen. I had total control over what I could server and nobody second guessed me
The industry is a fucking mess and I'm glad I got out before it did too much damage to me

What do you do now?

I'd imagine nothing, it sounds like a Mexican took his job.

>boop
>>>/reddit/

People who order a medium and complain that it's bloody

People who have a large party and some of them order well done, then they complain that the party of 2 that sat next to them who only ordered sandwiches got their food first.

When the food sits in the window for ten fucking minutes and you get blamed for the bad quality of the food

>People who can't identify a properly cooked steak when they received exactly what they asked for
Does this happen? I always have the opposite experience as a customer.
>order steak rare
>they're too afraid to serve me a rare steak so they cook it to medium well
Every fucking time. I refuse to go to shitty chain """"""""""""""""steakhouses"""""""""""""""" anymore because of it.

>go to a bad restaurant
>the food is poorly made
hmm

Not a chef, just a sandwich shop pleb in college, but I often encounter people who ask for extras and then change their minds and pretend like they didn't ask for those extras instead of just fucking saying that they changed their mind while I'm making the sandwich in front of them.

I hate that shit.

Also, people who act like bathrooms magically clean themselves. Women are the worst about this, homeless dudes treat the men's restroom better than students and businesswomen treat the women's restroom. There's a major exception to this and that's the Mexicans that somehow got the idea that the toilet is only for pee and the trashcan is where you shit. I ain't even talking about throwing shit tickets in the trash, which they also do, I'm talking about dropping a deuce in the damn can.

Where do you go to college? Hell?

Austin, TX.

yo fuck Texas and everything in it

I'll slap u m8 I swear on Zoroaster

really gets the neurons firing, eh?

Fuck you Texas, and fuck you Lone Star Beer?

Servers who don't give enough of a shit about their job
Servers who lack the understanding of food required
Management who want chefs to pull impossible GPs out of their asses
Customers who ask for alterations on a dish
Humans who walk in with tables of 10+
Suppliers who try to pull a fast one despite my explicit goddamn explanation that it will not do
Equipment that is 30 years old and liable to explode mid service, at which point you are expected to continue serving
Heads or execs who assume that their 30+ years experience in a single style trumps any other method
Customers who have more money than sense, and bastardise the culmination of years of painstaking progress
Cunts who come up with dishes that are unnecessarily complicated, or the flipside

Schedule the sandwiches for a later time to synch it with the other meals. How hard can it be.

You're an idiot. The goal is to get the food out as fast as possible. you're not going to wait on bills because some tard ordered well done. You'd end up eventually having hour long bill times.

It happens all the time. People really don't know their steak doneness.

you can schedule/cook it later if you have another order coming in around the same time that can be put out earlier without causing a second table to get served at two different times in the process

t. worked as a dishwasher and picked up a few things by listening

When is it okay to ask for alterations? Surely there are circumstances where its perfectly acceptable.

Capitalism was a mistake