Aight, you guys are about to hear my secret recipe to make mushrooms. I have not told any one about this...

Aight, you guys are about to hear my secret recipe to make mushrooms. I have not told any one about this, and people (who did not like mushrooms) say they are very good.

Step one: get some button mushrooms, white or brown; all mushrooms are equal you racist.

Step two: wash and remove stem

Step three: put in small sauce pan with oil and cook on medium for like one minute

Step four: add some rice wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, along with some red wine (1 cup)

Step five: let the liquids boil off to leave the keys to a trip to FLAVOR TOWN

Step five: when all the liquid is gone you should have some purple mushrooms that are hella good.

Step six: thank OP for bestowing the his secret recipie for you all to use

You forgot the step where you brown the mushrooms, OP.

3/10. At least you tried.

That was >Step three

It takes a lot longer than one minute on medium to brown mushrooms. Try 10, if not more. They won't brown properly until you cook all the water out; that takes a fuck of a lot longer than 1 minute.

Oh shit I forgot to put in there. In step four add some garlic powder. or actual garlic to step three if you want to be fancy

Ill try and cook them longer before adding the liquids, but I let them cook in the wine. It gives a different texture.

There's nothing wrong with cooking them in wine, worcestershire, soy, etc. You got that part right. Just make sure you cook the moisture out & get some browning going first. Garlic is a good idea too.

That makes sense. If the mushrooms are more dry they will soak up more flavor liquids. Thanks for the tip

are you a fan of dry garlic or fresh? I cant taste a difference really, and I prefer the powder because its so much easier to use

>all mushrooms are equal
you've lost me.

brown and white button mushrooms are equal. just like brown and white people. Other mushrooms are different...like those damn Asians

>garlic powder
>garlic=fancy
not even a word about thyme, THE thing for your everyday mushroom needs.
dude, your ideas are flawed

> all mushrooms are equal
> I cant taste a difference
plebs. plebs everywhere

>make mushrooms
>step one: get some mushrooms

>big chedda.png
>recipe makes no mention of any type of cheese

I did not have a "mushroom.jpg" in my photo file.

can you taste a difference in brown and white button mushrooms? I cant. And if you mince the garlic, it tastes the same as powered garlic. I have tried dishes with real and powered and I cant taste a difference.

I like your ideas. I have never really cooked with thyme. Ill get some when i go to the store. any recommendations on how to use thyme?

even if you did have one, you only cooked half the mushroom

>And if you mince the garlic, it tastes the same as powered garlic
thats what means by plebs.

one of the few things where dried isn't much worse than fresh. buy fresh, dry it yourself though. leave the twigs in, take them out before serving (same as with bay leaves or rosemary). goes good with meat (beef, deer, boar), salmon, mushrooms. poultry, not so much (but thats me)

>half mushroom?
is it because I threw out the stem? I did that so more surface area is available for more flavor absorption

real talk, why not cook the stem?

>>>/reddit/