>Add my pepper
>Add my eggs
>Eggs get scrambled

FUCK THIS DISH!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY
youtube.com/watch?v=eISr0vQhRhc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You have to be smarter than your cooking element. Nowadays, as you noticed, it can be difficult for some.

lol. i made it right the first time. the pasta is supposed to cool down, genius. and stir that shit

Did you add the cheese and eggs to the pan? you should transfer it to a dish and then mix the cheese and egg. I also add some of the pasta water.

Did you forget to add your Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and a cup of olive oil to the pasta water?

Making carbonara
>not adding some pasta water to the egg to temper it
>probably doing it in a hot pan and not a bowl
awww, how did i get scrambled egg?

ok, so next time you remove the pan from heat before you add the egg. add back to heat only if it doesn't cook through during your mixing

honestly, carbonara is a GREAT pasta dish. it has it all, easy to make,cheap and combine that with incredible taste.
i wish restaurants that served "carbonara" actually served it.

Personally i dont add cheese to my carbonara, and wheres your basil bro

You forgot the cream.

Daily reminder youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY

What kind of meat is that? Hotdogs?

>1/2 pound of pasta
>1/2 cup freshly grated parmesian
>2 eggs, 2 yolks
>black pepper
>chopped parma ham or bacon in a pinch
>dash of salt

Boil water, follow instructions on spaghetti package while cooking parma ham, if parma ham is done first just put the unit on low.

Mix all other ingredients making sure that the eggs are well scrambled. Add the cooked pasta to the parma ham and cover in grease. Take it off the unit. The hot grease will cook the egg, not the unit. Turn off the unit and add your egg and cheese mixure stirring constantly until the eggs congeal.

Adding extra yolks makes it creamer and also prevents the egg from becoming scrambled eggs. Do NOT let it sit when combining the egg and it only needs a few minutes, then move it to plates ASAP.

Have fun, sorry about your scrambled eggs.

made it the other night. rate my carbonara

Nothing green belongs in a carbonara, you used the wrong pasta, spaghetti or gtfo, and did you grate parmasian in it or just top it with shredded parmasian?

parsley is fine and works well in carbonara, so does fettuccine. the fact that you think its parm, and not pecorino, just shows how new to this you are.

Spaghetti is better

Don't get pissy because you made a shit dish and no one likes it

I mixed in pecorino and parm combo, topped with pecorino. I prefer a broad noodle in general.

wrong

that video really really sucks

follow this

youtube.com/watch?v=eISr0vQhRhc

>uses parsley in a carbonara
I use parmesian because I'm a poorfag, but when you go out and buy shit extra for a carbonara that shouldn't be in there then you're just dumb.

You don't even know what kind of pasta to use and you never even answered my question about shredding it on top or grating it and actually mixing it in the sauce. Did you even shred it yourself?

I'm sorry, I was an exchange student in Rome (where carbonara is the official dish) and lived there for 3 months with an Italian family that made carbonara all the time and NEVER put parsley in it. When I was travelling around Italy and eating at restaurants in Rome they never put parsley in it once.

But if you want to put parsley where it doesn't belong because it looks fancy, then go for it. You have to eat that shit, not me, but by no means is it authentic and this little shitty youtube video of yours doesn't mean shit.

>authentic
by considering this to be a metric, im now assured that you havent the foggiest clue of what you are talking about

"i spent 3 months in rome so i know what im talking about"

Italians who made a post-WWII dish that used literal bacon sure are righteous about their authenticity...

>Mix eggs and cheese in bowl
>Make pasta
>Make pork
>Put pasta in pan with pork
>Put in bowl
>Add cheese and egg mixture
>Stir it up
>Add pasta water until desired consistency

Violin

Here's mine.

what

Die asshole
>0/10 for making me take the bait

Rate mine

Carbonarra
Pork
?.
Stopped there

god that looks so good

>muh authentic recipes

>post WW2 dish

Who is this jizz wizz?

Cream would have saved you. Typical newb error.

>cheap
>uses tons of fresh parmigiano-reggiano

carbonara doesn't have tons of cheese.
even if it did, it wouldn't make it expensive unless you're living in a nice cardboard box under a bridge

>$18.99/lb cheese
>$36/lb pancetta
>$6 half doz eggs
I wouldn't say it's a super expensive dish but it's a lot more expensive than, say, beans and rice

Lol where do you live?
Parmesan wedges are $5 for1/2lb
Eggs are $1.20 for two dozen
And pancetta or bacon is like $10lb

Kill yourself for real tho

The US, where DOP Parmigiano-Reggiano 24 months doesn't cost $5 for 1/2 lb

And I don't eat CAFO shitmeat or CAFO eggs so unfortunately that costs a bit too

Must be nice to live in Europe. Either that or you are eating fake food and don't even know it

only the yolk ffs

>implying every single place has the same price for products as your favourite grocery store
sure, beans&rice is cheaper though but that's like comparing apples and oranges. that's like saying some cut of meat with tons of joints and shit is cheaper than a prime cut.

Parsley, if it gets added at all (cilantro is a much more meaningful addition) is added last. That parsley looks older than ur mums cunt. I suggest you stop being a wine sipping baguette munching faggot and start thinking about what it means to add something into food. As it is I see you as no better than the msg addled slanteyes from chingchongland, the difference being you can actually reason as to why the godless heathens use msg.

really?
what does parsley give to parsley? i feel like even restaurants use parsley mainly as decoration, not for the flavour

>European good is cheaper in Europe
Who woulda thought.
Ask what these fags pay for a pound of ground beef.

95% chance anime guy isn't even living in Europe. He's just eating WIDF garbage cheese and thinks it's real parmigiano reggiano DOP, or, as is typical of his kind, that they're the same or that the fake one is better

honestly, ground beef prices vary crazy much. iirc the price can go from like 2 euros per 500g to around 12 euros.
this is a really rough estimate though, i rarely check the price.
also this is finland, where prices are really high compared to the rest of europe

Parsley, much like most weaker European leaves, is basically msg for white people. It's all a goddamn sham based around visuals.

no, coriander does not belong anywhere near a carbonara, belongs even less on the plate than parsley which became a staple during carbonaras popularity as a restaurant dish in the 80s - the era of parsley

ok, but who uses parsley for the taste though?
the only time that i use parsley is sometimes when i do snails with garlicbutter and then it's just to sort of lighten the buttery/fatty taste so not really for parsley taste but more for distracting myself from the fattyness.

wait, who the fuck would put cilantro in a carbonara?
i'm 100% certain you're talking with a retard/troll, cilantro in itself has nothing to do with european cooking in general.
parsley i can get as a garnish but cilantro?

>wait, who the fuck would put cilantro in a carbonara?
someone too retarded to know what parsley tastes like

well yeah, that's a given but even the sort of basic idea
cilantro, which is primarily used in south america/asia used as a substitute in an european dish sounds just plain idiotic to me..
hell even swapping parsley with basil sounds more intelligent to me.
not saying i would do that but still.

a parsley-butter-lemon sauce on salmon is really nice.

Just remove the pan from heat when your adding your egg.

Except the age of parsley is over, your parsley still looks like someone shat it onto the chopping board, and it makes no difference in taste at all while the cilantro will at least not look like ass (because even someone like you surely must understand that cilantro is best served raw) and have a purpose in turning the dish into a generic, unimaginative but at least enjoyable cilantro dish.

Take a look at the number of stewing dish recipes that call for parsley alongside bay leaves. You'll be surprised how many people think parsley has the same magnitude of effect as bay leaves.

>enjoyable
>cilantro
Master race reporting in

first, it's not my carbonara

second, parsley in a carbonara does add flavour, not a flavour I enjoy because it's a bit soapy

third, shittalk all you like, coriander does not belong on any level on a plate with carbonara, you're just wrong

Nobody said "cilantro belongs on fucking carbonara". Why are we arguing over this? The argument is that while cilantro has no place on carbonara, it's addition would be more meaningful both visually as well as taste wise than fucking parsley, which also has no place on a carbonara - least of all after the parsley gets heated to a drab.

backpedalling much user?

I really don't know why they didn't model the shillary frog after this one instead of the dumb down syndrome with a wig that they chose

interesting, i could see that working, assuming the parsley taste isn't too strong.
yes, i know stewing recipes has parsley but does parsley really give anything to those?
i've started to question bay leaf too but that's beside the point.
also now that i read the second sentence i see what you mean.

i'm honestly really happy about the amount of discussion in this thread so i thank the parsley dude for his input. i've rarely, if even seen discussion about spices/herbs anywhere, let alone Veeky Forums.

honestly, cilantro is imo a special herb in that sense that it's really precise. if you don't have enough of it, it's like you don't have it at all and when you have just a little bit too much, it sucks.
also the difference between too much and not enough is slim so you have to really be careful with it. sort of like heat (or chili), you want it to be noticed but you never really want it to be the main spice
true, but someone did say that parsley and cilantro are meaningful additions to carbonara which, let's face it, is completely not true.
adding cilantro to carbonara is like pissing in your face and saying it's "a nice change"

btw care to elaborate on that?
anything else added to that or just those?
i'm assuming melted butter,lemon zest&juice,parsley and ofcourse the classic onion (if not in the sauce itself, then in some way like making a reduction, sieving it and so on) ?
this is a good point which doesn't really get enough attention. i've made the mistake of trying to do it with just "low heat" but more often than not the problem isn't really the heat, it's more the metal pan being hot ( i know, contradictory). i really would suggest a contraption with boiling water and a bowl on top of it. i know this has a name but can't think of it now.
tl;dr do it in a bowl heated with steam.

oh btw, have you tried those dishes without bay leaves/parsley?
i've done some without parsley but haven't with it so i can't really compare but i would really like to know if people or food enthusiasts see any difference in them
i'm semi-convinced by my thoughts that the parsley and/or bay leaves don't really do that much but i still use bay leaves

People tend to make spices sound mythical when it's really, really simple.
For anything that's not slow cooking, if you can't taste the spice, don't bother adding it.
For slow cooking, make one batch with and one batch without. You'll quickly find there's a few spices that behave wildly different than expected - ginger, rosemary, bay leaves are a few.

Bay leaves make a difference, especially for beef. That said if you're using a stock in your stew (like store bought beef stock which is usually made with bay leaves already) it'sng to be hard to tell.

>garlic
Might as well just used cream.

jfc shit like this. Yes, yes, I am sure it tasted good, but if you are going to add all that shit please don't call your abortion carbonara.

I fuked up

wtf are those sesame seeds you imbecile?

Could be minced garlic.

I haven't made Carbonara in a bit but I made something like it.
Pasta, pancetta, parsnips and carrots, egg sauce.
Turned out good.

>I spent 3 months visiting a country so im basically a native
le mao

have you never seen pepper before?

Whatever. Does it taste good?

no parsley or other green shit belongs in a carbonara
good job for using pecorino tho
it should be more saucy, either you need more egg or more probably its all sitting on the bottom, since it looks like you used the wrong pasta. Use pasta that has some teture that helps holding on to the sauce.
You show promise, keep at it, happy eating

This!
Why everybody on this fucking board always forget the cream? It's just as important as the bacon and the egg.

>uses tons of fresh parmigiano-reggiano
I mean, if you use an exceptional amount of particularly expensive cheese, I guess it can get a bit pricey, but I don't think the cheese added to a family sized pot ever breaks $3 in value for me.

Why aren't people using Pecorino?

plebs

I'd say solid 7/10, people will be full of shit here but imho you did a good job user

annihilate pls

Thanks, it was delicious and I liked it so that's really all that should be worried about. I appreciate the appreciation though.

>not adding knorr stock pot

I see you're using an old meme.
I wonder where you learned it?

Just made some carbonara for dinner.
Absolutely delicious.
Voila!

Stay jealous was a solid authentic Italian meal.

Temper your eggs you fuck. Take a spoonful of pasta water, mix in sauce. Do that two or three more times until desired creaminess is achieved then mix into pasta.

To be honest you don't have to. Grated saw dust tastes just fine in this dish.

Oh god
>All shitty processed packaged ingredients
>small sized bottled water
>fucking hot dog meat
>random sand scribble
>poorly spoken english
What bumfuck country is this video from?

There's no fucking cheese in carbonara pastas dumb fucking amerifat

No, carbonara is any pasta you have lying around in the cupboard.

>Restaraunt quality
If you went to a restaurant serving this style carbonara, what would you do?

Is that ground sausage or goetta?