I don't want to fall for the happy mug shills and costco stopped selling pic related

I don't want to fall for the happy mug shills and costco stopped selling pic related.
I've been told that normal supermarket coffee is almost 2 years stale before it even hits store shelves.
Where do you buy non-shit coffee without buying some micro-roaster's burnt garbage coffee over the internet at $16 for 8oz?

Other urls found in this thread:

legacy.sweetmarias.com/roasted.pict-guide.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Drinking coffee is a liberal numale twink activity. Real men don't drink coffee.

That's quite the buzzword, I'm not even sure you could point out a "liberal numale twink" if I asked you to.

fpbp

>costco stopped selling pic related.
just buy whatever they replaced it with?

Fuck you. Coffee belongs to everyone.

trader joes

Of the supermarket brands, I believe Peet's is the only one that prints the roast date on the package. They do a have a few medium to light roast blends that aren't bad, but it can be hard to find them in whole bean at the grocery store. I like the "Big Bang" and "Cafe Domingo" blends. About $11 for 12oz. About as good as you're gonna get in the middle-price range. You want really good stuff, you gotta pay more.

And obviously, you want to buy coffee that was roasted a month ago or less. I've found 3 months is when properly vacuum bagged roasted coffee starts to go skanky,

Get an at home roaster, and buy your own green beans. It's a bit of an upfront cost, but you're rewarded with great coffee. A bag of raw green beans will keep for a couple years at least.

Organic coffee like that is fucking terrible.
Especially that rainforest crap.

This is going to sound like a bad idea but go to the dollar tree.
They have $1 small bags of coffee, 8oz maybe, that move and are distributed so fast that they were probably still growing it 7 days before you got it.
The size of the packaging, ease of shipping and the restocking rate make it worth a try. Every week the new bags are there. I found it to be the freshest I could find.
You can only lose a dollar, give it a shot.

I bought dollar store coffee once.
The grounds smelled like potting soil, I was quite sure I was sold a bag of potting soil.
The grounds LOOKED like potting soil, so I wasn't going to attempt to drink it.

Such horrible advice, kill yourself.

Mountain high coffee is dank as fuck with the fastest distribution network in the coffee game.

I wasn't referring to your great value heartburn water you fucking meathead.

"I didn't try it."
"It's bad."
"It looked like dirt, which looks like coffee."
"Kill yourself."

Whole foods is pretty convenient
>some micro-roaster's burnt garbage coffee
Sorry you fell for the happy mug shill but this is by no means typical
Whole foods house coffee is roasted daily in-store and prints the date on the bins. It's not exactly great coffee but it's about as fresh as it gets. As far as non-house-brand, Grumpy, Irving Farms, Gimme, and many other brands available at the grocery store have the date printed on them. The bags range from a few days old to over a month old so it's buyer beware.

I used to shill happy mug for free 2bh, but that was before I tried literally any other internet roaster.
Happy mug is pretty trash

Just don't buy pic related, that shit is a fire hazard and will unevenly roast your coffee.

I use a FreshRoast SR500 desu, works really great. But before that, I used a hot air popcorn popper with cylindrical vents that I modded to have a toggleable heater.

at least half the beans they offer are like hazelnut vanilla latte flavor, did you really need to try it to find out?

Local roasteries here will roast on-demand and to your specification.

>to your specification
how could that possibly be a good outcome? I buy from roasters that I trust to profile a bulk bag of green beans and decide how to roast it, if they can't figure that out for the customer, they shouldn't be roasting at all, are you just going in there and pointing to a bag of beans and telling them how to roast it because it sounds like something a connoisseur would do?

Light, medium and dark is personal preference, not method.

They will, of course, give you their opinions.

>light/medium/dark
you're buying coffee roasted by baboons

legacy.sweetmarias.com/roasted.pict-guide.php

Yeah they have a fuckton of those flavored coffees.
I fell for it because the prices and sample packs were aluring. I noticed all of the coffees had this similar strong smell to them, even the supposed lighter roasts, which were almost as dark as the darker roasts. I guess they really do burn them.