Weirdest meat you've eaten

What's the most exotic meat you've tried, Veeky Forums? I don't eat meat anymore but I'm from Florida and the weirdest meat I've eaten is alligator. Not that weird I know.

Mako

Very tasty

minke whale
kangaroo
puffin

I remember hearing puffin tastes like shit. Is that true?

I had alligator multiple times.

Once I had elk. I had bison once or twice, as well.

lived inflorida for a while
gators pretty good, the definition of the old "it tastes like chicken" meme cause it does, but the texture is like a sirloin.
Emu is the most exotic I've had, and like there is a suprisingly large amount of farms with them in this bumfuck jawja town, but it is not good meat Imo
like tough lean garbage.

Whale and elk is not that unusual here in Norway. Eaten both of those several times. I once ate the testicles of a sheep I killed. I also have eaten the heads of rabbits several times because the rest of the family think it's gross.

This about sums it up for me as well

moose.

nothing to write home about

Emu and camel

I though the emu was camel when I ate it. It was alright, but the camel was weird

Snail, I'd like to branch out and this is as far as I've gotten.

conch & turtle in Caribbean
frog & horse in Europa
eel in Japan
spam in US

Venisen would probably be the most exotic shit I've ever had (and it's not really exotic). I remember it tasting rather weird, although then again, that was around 20 years ago, when I was just a kid.

Also from Florida, weirdest thing is also gator. Also eaten frog legs, snail, bison, and conch.

>venison
>exotic

are those fucking gator tendies? brb moving to florida.

Lamb. I know I'm boring.

I ate hyena once in Africa

>I don't eat meat anymore

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Boar
Lion
Horse
Fugu

I want to try fugu so bad, was it actually good?

Your mum's cooch

human....but that was after I ate and found out. I was on a volunteer mission trip to south sudan. After it was revealed to my group, we left as we feared for our safety.
>American Red Cross

Dungeness crab, and holy fuck is it amazing.

Friend of mine let me try a bite of his ostrich jerky once. Tastes pretty beefy for a bird.

Holy shit, why?

Why the mission or why did we eat their food? We ate at a welcome tribal party they set up for us.

So, how was it?

I've had Rocky Mountain Oysters a number of times, mostly I order them to get a rise out of my friends. They're good, just deep fried beef, a little chewy.

Shark, boring.

Beef sushi, pretty bland as well.

Thought it was pork desu. Next day was when the translator informed us one of his contacts has hinted that it was a tribal enemy they ate.

Nice. Maybe you absorbed their powers!

cat. yes licks itself, lies around in the sun doing fuck all cat.

was in dodgy chinese resterant not much longer it got shut down. no it doesnt tatse like chicken. more rubbery than anything.

zebra
bear
elk
sheep brain once at an iranian (iirc) festival

kangaroo

people always told me it's not good but I quite liked it

Snails are great. Frog legs were okay. ostrich was not rememberable.

octopus

rubbery but ok, not sure if I would order again but glad I at least tried it

I had something at a Yum Cha restaurant with my Chinese boss and some of their family and insisted on trying anything they got. I had a strange fibrous meat and none of them knew how to translate the animal or the part of the body where it came from in English.

Probably not a good sign. It tasted like shit.

>everyone in this thread saying kangaroo

its not exotic. you can get this at any australia market next to the chicken

Octopus is prrtty standard where I come from. It's also rubbery when not cooked properly, you have to give him a massive beating before getting it anywhere near a pan.

Bear meat was probably my most exotic, was from a larger older bear so it was really gamey. I didn't like it.

Other than that, I've had squirrel, rabbit, emu, buffalo, frog, goat... not much I haven't tried I guess.

Not exactly common in Finland.
What is common in one place, can be exotic elsewhere. Arguably reindeer is exotic to some, but to me it is quite normal.

It's one of those things that's awful to prepare. If it's not cooked long enough it's a disaster, and it smells awful.

But prepared right it's surprisingly mild, and really good.

Pic related
shitsux imo

Mousedeer and Porcupine for me. Cooked in a curry so it was like any other game meat I suppose.

Dog.

Bear
Cougar
Eagle
Limpet
Sea cucumber

Pick one of those I guess.

Our local Chinese buffet (Germany) has kangaroo, alligator, shark and ostrich

Weirdest? I guess bear. Not many people eat the stuff. Makes great sausage.

>eating alligator at a Chinese buffet in germany
I'm good.

yeah tasted like shit, shark was pretty good tho

I have a friend who is very into insects as food, so I've had the gamut of crickets, cicadas, grasshoppers, mealworms, etc.

Not as weird as lots of others things ITT, and it's too bad how uppity people get about eating insects. Crickets tastiest bugs.

Which city are you from?

Was waiting for the lying fucker that was going to post this. Didn't take long

the restaurant is called
"Jin Gu China Restaurant"
if that answered your question

No, it's very aromatic. Looks purple.

Frogs, deer, wild boar, phaesants, hare

I'm guessing by the heavy batter and spices that it doesn't taste very good

Sometimes i go to the beach and find sea turtle eggs

This is me. Some more answers have made me remember some stuff.

I also eaten camel (loved it), eel (expensive but worth it) , horse, snails (which are both meh, horse is perfectly OK to eat if you just have a horse to get rid of. ) and this Chinese restaurant served chicken feet which I loved.

Ahi from Outback Steakhouse
Didn't even know it was fish until after waking up in the hospital from the resulting deadly allergic reaction

Hol' up. My dad lives in Florida, so I go down to visit him every so often. I would've tried alligator meat if I knew it was an option, is there anything you can compare it to tastewise?

Bobcat.

I was out hunting and had a nice whitetail deer in my sights, but it was facing away from me so I didn't have a good shot. While I was waiting for it to move and present a good shot something spooked it and it took off. A few min later the culprit walked out--bobcat. I shot it. I'm not the type that wastes meat so I cleaned it and took it home. (yes, this was perfectly legal in my state).

That night's dinner? General Tso's Bobcat. I'd rather have had venison but it was surprisingly good.

Fuck you!

It's just chewy chicken

You just shot a bobcat for no reason? I don't get it

Trap dick

It was meh

Landowner wanted them gone since they would kill his lambs and kids (he raises sheep and miniature goats on the property)

At least I ate it; landowner would just have left it there.

Human placenta.

S e m e n

Swordfish.
Quite juicy, but had virtually no taste, apart from that given to it by the accompanying lemon juice.

>frogs
Taste excatly like chicken but with better texture
>shark
Chewy fish
>jellyfish
Suprisingly good. Feel like mushrooms.

Zebra.

I think I got the shits from it.

>yes, this was perfectly legal in my state
no it wasn't.
It is regulated and by license in every single state, or else illegal.

>but it was surprisingly good
You have no palate or epicurean sense whatsoever. It is a pelt kill, and nothing more, and it's always been that way. It tastes terrible and has a terrible texture. Everyone says that. Everyone. So, stop lying. You obviously like sugar sauce.

Can you actually eat jellyfish? Is it just the cap, or are the tendrils ok too?

not very exotic, but the weirdest meat i've eaten was probably fox

From UK
Had Ostrich burgers once, pretty dry but they tasted good.

When I was in the army, I was stationed overseas in South Korea for 2 years. The small places over there sometimes serve dog meat, which doesn't taste like much because of the oil and spices they cook with which just make it spicy with no flavor.

Lion burger

It was okay

I've bought jellyfish from my Chinese grocer, it's just the caps, the tendrils have venom.

Probably just the caps. it was cubed and seasoned with hot sesame oil. Breddy gud

Yeah, I tried dog from a roadside stall when I was based in Okinawa.
I wouldn't have it again though, not good.

rattlesnake. Its really white and flaky. Pretty good.

The best meat I've eaten was my bfs dick, it was really tasty

Crab legs

Was it GOOD pork? I'm really fascinated by what human must taste like. like, how did it differ from pork?

How did you feel after you found out?

>OP
I grew up in Florida too, gator's great. It reminds me of dark meat chicken, only softer, more flavor. Chicken and sirloin is apt.

Weirdest I've had is kangaroo sirloin. Not weird in Australia, but weird in the US.

I ate rattlesnake that had been ground into a sausage once.

Was pretty tasty desu, would eat again.

Makes sense

Aligator and cow head.

Frog legs; shark. If bugs count as meat, fried grasshoppers. And escargot I guess.

Does the menu not refer to the dish as "Ahi Tuna"?

Its not very exotic in Norway but the most exotic meat I have tried is a whale steak. It tasted like a beef steak but with more a gamey and sea-like flavor. I am pretty sure I didn't prepare it exactly right though.

I have also had reindeer, deer, moose and grouse lots of times. Reindeer is pretty common in my family to eat on sundays, usually in a specific thick brown gravy like stew. Moose burgers are quite popular in Norway and grouse are very popular to hunt.

Jellyfish probably. Flavourless with a snot-like texture.

Posum.and coon probably

Homo sapien is by far the best meat i have ever eating and by far the weirdest.

You might have been served tripe or other innards. Ignore , the fact you refer to it as 'yum cha' indicates you must've eaten in Hong Kong or Canton, both areas with very strict prohibitions against dog meat.

I've eaten some odd things before, most of them during a trip to Nepal I took right after the 2015 earthquake. I was doing volunteer work up in the hills and got to sample a lot of the local dishes, which was great.

Also tried dog at one point. There are tons and tons of stray dogs in Nepal, most of them are fairly domesticated (they've figured out it's easier for them to get fed if they're pleasant to the people) and the Nepalese don't usually eat them, but every now and then...

Dog meat is super tough and gamy. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're in dire straits or just curious.

Also ate some bugs. Once you get past the intercultural ickiness then fried crickets and whatnot are pretty tasty.

At home I've eaten rattlesnake before. It's okay, kinda tastes like rubberier eel.

>that one-page advert website
Why did they even bother to make one?

And how's it like in Hanover? The only parts of Western Germany I've been to are Duesseldorf and Cologne (so basically only within NRW).

Leopard shark.

Cleaning them was the worst smell ever. Think burning piss. But they tasted great.

Shark non-fin is one of my favorite fish. Same opinion of RMO. Very outlier opinion though; its a meme dish.

Had iguana last time I was in Honduras. Was very good, but the amount of small bones in it made it a little tricky to eat. It was also very oily, but that may have just been due to hoe it was prepared. The fried plantains served with it were the best I've ever had.

Would eat again.

Frog and dog.

Don't hate me, we were at a North Korean restaurant and our Brit friend suggested we try it.