Hope someone here can help

Hope someone here can help.

Got one of these laying around in the restaurant I work at, and apparently no one knows how to use it because it hasn't been part if the daily-use equipment for the last few years.

I'd like to try it to eventually give it use at a cocktail competition, so the question is...

Seeing how you have to add certain amount of gas depending on how much liquid is in it, does the bottle's size matter at all? IE: I got one with the capacity to hold one litre (1l), can I use four hundred millilitres (400 ml) of liquid and a gas charge, or would I have to double up and use 800ml + two charges?

Also, any tips and tricks on how to use them? Foam consistency also concerns me.

Thanks a bunch

>charge with one nitrous oxide cartridge
>No liquids
>Put nozzle in mouth
>Slowly depress trigger
>Inhale deeply
Pretty decent high, only lasts like 45 seconds though.

Don't think the conpetition judges would like that very much.

Or who knows, maybe it becomes a consistent part of out drinks menu.

>does the bottle's size matter at all?
Yes.

If you fill it only partway then you need to get rid of the extra air, aka "purging the headspace". You do this by charging it slowly while at the same time holding the valve open. This purges out the air. Then you use a 2nd cartridge with the valve closed to do the actual charging.

Another cool trick you can do with these is carbonating fruit. Fill the container with fruit, and if you want add some flavorful liquid (booze, perhaps). Then charge it using CO2 canisters like you would for a Soda Siphon. Let sit in the fridge for a while. Then you'll end up with carbonated fruit! Makes for an interesting garnish or visual effect in a drink.

So you pretty much take all of the actual air out of the thing and fill it up with gas, right?

And then... carbonated fruit? It becomes fizzy, or...?

Bumprrr

Not that poster, but yes to everything said.

I cover the fruit with liquid, myself.

More than just pretty decent, a good hit of it will make you leave your body. One of the most intense highs I've ever experienced, even if it only lasts a couple seconds.

We use these at Starbucks.

Fill halfway either heavy cream, twist in nitrous canisters. Shake well.
Good whipped cream. We don't do the thing with letting the air out that another poster said

i know how to use it, you insert a nitrous cartridge in the chamber, hold the nozzle to your mouth and blast off baby!

Depends on the liquid for example if i say wanted to do a coffee soda i would go 1/3 by weight of coffee to c02 and also heat a small portion of your liquid and add 1.5 sheets of gelatin and mix it back in if your making sodas or espumas to stabilize it or shell out for versa whip

One time in high school I sat myself down on my bathroom floor, opened up a 50-pack of chargers, and inhaled them all in a row, injecting a new one into the charger almost immediately after inhaling the previous one(with some time in between to enjoy the high, obviously). I miss being a kid.

Say I got 300g of mini marshmallows diluted in 500ml of boiling water, mixed later on with 100ml of 40% booze. This mixture is gelatinous, but the alcohol keeps it liquid enough to handle. Would 400 ml of this mixture, along with the gas have enough gelatin (found in the marshmallows) in it to make espuma out of?

I would go take the 300g and melt it in 500 simple syrup so (250 water 250 sugar) and if your going 40% alcohol you will need more gelatin because alcohol makes it kinda fucky when it sets because it would seperate after a few hours also take your melted marshmello mix and pour it in while its warm charge it and keep it sideways in your walkin or cooler so it doesnt set and i would use 2-3 cream chargers not co2 for that guy

Pop that nitrous tank in one end and put other on your mouth. Inhale until you forgot how much being alive sucks. Repeat every 30-90 seconds until you run out tanks.

That sounds like the mix would turn into a rock, somehow.

Thats why you keep it sideways and shake it every now and then it prevents it from setting

Fair, I'll experiment with that a little and see how it goes, thanks.

Also, gow much do these things last for, considering it is mostly sugar, gelatin, and a touch of alcohol?

How much* as in how long does it take for it to spoil.

>So you pretty much take all of the actual air out of the thing and fill it up with gas, right?
>And then... carbonated fruit? It becomes fizzy, or...?

Like the other guy said, yes, and yes.

The fruit will have that fizzy texture when you eat it. It also makes a neat garnish for a drink. since it will release a constant stream of tiny bubbles which makes for an interesting presentation.

>Pretty decent high, only lasts like 45 seconds though
It could be the best high in the world and if it only lasted 45 seconds I would say that's fucking retarded.

I'd rather smoke a joint and be baked for hours at a time.

You can use it to carbonate drinks but its not designed for carbonating.

Put the liquid you want to carbonate in the vessel, charge with CO2, and shake it up. It will carbonate the liquid, but its an expensive method.

lol get a load of this guy. yeah you probably should just stick with weed, the shock of a more intense high would probably make you go into some sort of psychosis.