Euros, tell me about Lidl. They're going to open their first US stores in a few months...

Euros, tell me about Lidl. They're going to open their first US stores in a few months. We already have Aldi in a lot of places.

It's more of a cheapass grocery store. We do not have an Aldi here so i don't know how they compare.
The thing is the products there are not usually too bad, at least the fresh produce section sells local vegetables and other local shit a lot cheaper than any other grocer/supermarket, which is nice.

Irishfag here, I do all my shopping in Lidl.
I find their meat and veg to be the same standard as other places. I've never had any problems with their food other than a bit of mold in some of the fruit packs, but this is rare. It is advisable to check the dates carefully when buying in Lidl, but I've only ever cooked their meat and never gotten any kind of poisoning from anything they sell.

The cheaper stuff there is definitely of higher quality than what yo'd get for the price in many other stores, so, being a student on a budget, I shop there rather often. Still prefer getting my meat from the local butcher though. Not sure how the products they'd sell be in the us.

Cheap, decent food, though the frozen pizzas gave me diarrhea once.

I wonder if American Lidls will sell their house-brand's "american style" products, like single serving apple pie slices and this whatchumacallit

You need to put it in the oven until it's piping hot and golden brown around the edges tho brah

>american branded food

lel, what food is american? we steal everyone elses.

Get a big red and black can of cheap coffee. They only have two choices in the US, maybe you'll be able to get some.

isnt lidl just the walmart of europe? how will they compete with wallmart?

That name seriously triggers me.

It should be McKennedy.

They're good. They emphasize local produce, in every range of products. I like to get my wine there , but the meats, vegs and baked goods are also quite good there. Also, it beats Aldi in quality while being the same price range.

The only drawback is that they're too good. The shops in my city always have a shortage on the best deals, because people always rush the stores.

TL;DR good, give it a try.

portugalfag here, they have a ton of cheap store brand stuff I cant usually find anywhere else, their cheap 1kg buckets of yoghurt are worlds better than the super pricy danone stuff. I dont know how useful it would be in the american market, afaik you guys have a ton of variety already, so I dont know if it will add anything new

This. Eastern European studentfag here, would drag my balls a mile on broken glass just to get my veggies 15% cheaper in Lidl and usually of the same/higher quality than in our local market

I like going to it to see what sort of weird foreign stuff they have in this week. (I'm British, so all of you foreigners are Godless savages and whatnot in my eyes)

The usually rotate on a weekly basis between Mexican, French, Italian, Chinese etc. cuisines and produce, and they do things that you just will not be able to find in any other supermarket chain in Britain, like those funky tea things that open up like a flower, and pomme noisettes and stuff.

Their chocolate is also very nice and very inexpensive, they will probably sweep up in the 'candy' stakes.

I'm not a fan of their veggies/meat and other raw products, but their processed food tastes way too good for how cheap they are

Go there if you're into junk food

The meat and vegetables there are shit tier quality. Anyone telling you different is just a pleb with poor taste. All they have going for them is how cheap their prices are and their baked goods.

>Mcennedy
Literally nobody has ever had that name ever.

I go there for the central asile they all have full of the most random stuff.

From time to time they have "thematic" weeks and sell cheap stuff.

Each time they do the sewing week I get like 5 sewing machines and a couple overlocks and sell them after. Making a good proffit.

Aldi is like that in Australia. Their fruit and veg is more expensive than other Asian grocers and their meat is pretty standard but their processed shit is cheap and as good as the big brands you'd find elsewhere.

Lidl has been talking about coming here too, but it'll be a while away yet. Supposedly Amazon is opening a warehouse in every capital city in Australia soon and they'll do Amazon fresh as well as other stuff, it's going to shake up the market big time.

Lidl is so bad it became a meme in my country.Dont bother buying from there.

Czechfag here. It's the best supermarket chain here.

They don't have meme brands for most things but it's way cheaper and often higher quality.

They have themed weeks for different cusines (French, American, English, Asian etc) so you can get foreign meme food easily.

Also they have wine brand "Cicmarosa" which has worldwide selection of wines and they're pretty good and cost like 3 usd per bottle.

Still do most of my shopping in Albert because it's way closer, but it's more expensive tho

Probably not the best place to ask, but does anyone have any experience with their German made powerfix® tools, specifically sockets/spanners/ratchets? Are they any good?

what country is that?

Everything costs about 50% less than everytthing anywhere else and the quality is generally about 10% less than everything else?

It's good. They do some good stuff. Raw meats, veg, milk and stuff are all perfectly high quallity, their pizzas are kind of shit, the tortellini is great, the microwave meals are surprisingly good

I mostly shop at there

Albert is shit, my dude. The staff are all dead inside since they get paid next to nothing.

Never been to a Lidl, thats only because there isnt one near my place.
Got an Aldi though., think its the same.
Are you poor op?
Aldi and Lidl are for poor white niggers.
Im sure you can do better.

They honestly are decent, good prices, quality.

American here. Wtf is 'pasta barbecue'?

So, where do you shop for your brokkoli and lobstertail, you little faggot ? :)

Why do you think it is, user?

It's a cup of noodles with retarded pseudo sauce,what's not to get.

Pasta with barbecue sauce? Something I've literally seen no one eat ever.

No way will they be selling local ingredients at American lidl

Buy my stuff online. Fresh stuff, all together.
Dont cost me a cent (actually it does cost me a buck) to get it delivered at my frontstep.
Do have shops around here, but with limited range.

I work in the Lidl ask me anything user

Why not? They do it everywhere else.

Because in the USA local sadly means higher prices and especially at a supermarket known for its low prices, that won't fly here.