ITT: Meme foods

ITT: Meme foods

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yDx8Jp2IH6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anything with Sriracha

A well made beef wellington is literally the best a tenderloin can taste.

A well made beef wellington is literally the worst a tenderloin can taste.

A well made beef Wellington is literally the okayist a tenderloin can taste.

>meme foods
>is X a meme, Veeky Forums? I....I need to know so I can be a smug Veeky Forums cool kid

kill yourself, OP

Bacon.
Sriracha.

Really, there is nothing else that could stand in the same category. Bacon culture and sriracha culture are pure fucking cancer.

>forgetting avocado

Just because something is a meme doesn't mean it isn't good.

Bread, pasta, rice are the greatest memes

Thread save. Post your attempts at meme foods. My soggy bottom Wellington.

Avocado is on its way up, but it is not yet as obnoxious as either bacon or sriracha. There is no particularly widespread avocado culture yet.

As proof, google "bacon meme," "sriracha meme," and then "avocado meme."

>Forgetting potatoes
Same category as avocado too
Wrap both in bacon or some other shit, mash both into something else, etc.
It's gay because avocados are a staple Mexican item and potatoes are a staple Irish item

I win

>Wrap both in bacon

That is bacon culture.
A sufficiently virulent outbreak of swine flu could drive up the price of bacon enough that potatoes or avocados take the meme food spot, but until then there are two Kings of Cancer, no other applicants need apply.

Anything shoved down in our faces like junk food general

YUMMMM RED FOOD DYE, HOW APPETIZING

This shit is fucking revolting, tastes like spicy, flavorless, greasy corn. Eat Andy Capp's Hot Fries, you fucking plebs.

>trash talks a shit-tier peasant junk food staple
>suggests an alternative shit-tier peasant junk food staple

BACON BURGER DOG

It was edible but I wanted to throw it away after 2 bites

mine was delicious, a little on the salty side but the next ones were gr8

btw did you not chill your beef for long before wrapping in the puff pastry? Or did you not wrap the filling to keep it from getting the pastry super soggy? curious what happened

There's no way people actually enjoy this. I honestly think people who """like""" this shit are trolling. Probably more of a fashion choice than one of taste, like "LOL HEY GUYS I LIKE CRAAAAZY FOREIGN FOODS AM I COOL NOW". Get the fuck outta here with that.

>suggests an alternative shit-tier peasant junk food staple

You sound like a cunt who has never eaten Hot Fries. They're the clear patrician choice.

That looks fucking good

>hating sushi

That's a fucking meme. Rice plus seafood is such a broad category that you can't honestly claim to dislike it all.
Unless you hate ginger or wasabi, I guess.

all its missing is an aioli

>Avocado
>Bacon
>Pulled Pork
>Aioli
>Brioche in a savoury context
>Sriracha
>Sweet potatoes

Stop talking like a fag. Both are trash you fat ass.

bacon
avocado
sriracha
nutella
pumpkin spice
the mcchicken
IPAs
soylent
asiago cheese
chibata bread
pomegranate juice
wasabi peas
fireball 'whiskey'
korean barbecue
throwback sodas
bhan mi
panchetta
flavored taco shells

the only people who eat those a negroids

all true

I chilled the beef, but I must not have covered that part well enough with prosciutto and I might not have dried out the duxelle long enough. better luck next time. Good thing it was GFS PSMO tenderloins for 5.15 a lb.

I think you can actually get away with having some moisture in your duxelles. They actually look breddy good moisture wise. I think the problem might have been in the pastry getting a little too warm outside of the oven. If that butter melts before its time it's all ogre.

youtube.com/watch?v=yDx8Jp2IH6Q

I tried out this guy's method (didn't put the sauce into the duxelles unfortunately) for my 2nd attempt and it turned out waaaay better than the first.

> "PROPER TASTY"

Fuck off.

I'd eat it

Sushi is delicious

This. Flaming hot snacks are for niggers. Never saw a respectable white man eat them.

>literal nigger food

>he likes well done.

>pulled pork

Garbage fish. I'll never understand how people ever became convinced that it's worth so much money.

no

I know a lot of girls that get wet over flamin hot cheetos

Avocado is too expensive in most of America to become a meme food.

you do not understand

agreed. I tried sushi so many times, even made my own, just to be disappointed every single time. I almost feel bad for not liking it, everyone around me says it's fantastic

Yeah Mexican girls

Back in the day it was literally poor person food.

Apparently you know a lot of classy ladies

This. My family is obsessed with lobster. At best it's just a creamy compliment to the butter you dip it in, with a slightly fishy aftertaste.

Where have you seen beef wellington outside of an english restaurant?

>not eating your eggs with dill weed

You're the only egg here, dill weed.

:(

How is this a meme? It's very difficult to make, so no one does it. I've never eaten it but it sounds tasty.

Spot the obese turboweebs

*'Cha

Rice? How? It's a base for many good foods. Spanish rice is probably my favorite side dish ever.

Avocados? I mean, I dig avocados, but I've never heard people talk about them.

Because it tastes good.

I said that because they clearly do not understand what "meme food" means. But, if you think that liking rice makes you a weeb, your head is probably too far into your own anus to be retrieved.

btw not obese, I'm a runner so I carb load on rice or pasta.

>Eating meme americanized rolls
>Not enjoying high-quality nigiri

You're either land-locked, a plebeian, or both.

I work at a regional chain place in the midwest and a guy asked for avocado slices in a to-go box when he came in for pie last night. It's a meme food now.

It's because you guys are doing it wrong, dump some chili lime Cholula into the bag and shake it up before you eat them.

only weeaboos eat rice

its become popular because we have abandoned our heritage and people find it trendy to eat the foods of non Whites.

Is there another cut other than filet you can use for beef wellington?
I don't have many grocery stores in my area so it's hard to get filet.

Rice is flavourless garbage, the only people who eat rice are third world peasants and sock fuckers who saw it in an anime.

Lobster is disgusting. I had lobster tail once and it was so gross. Fuckin steamed sea spider flesh

I don't know what gave you all these preconceived notions about rice, but you seem a little irked. Did a Vietcong rape you in a rice paddy or something?

*Internet hug*

Its not going to be ok, but your not alone.

Today a hug.

Tomorrow? Eh

Yes. I'm a 70 year old Vietnam vet shitposting about rice.

I find it more plausible than you being this autistic about rice out of nowhere.

>What is Louisiana?

Third world peasants.

BOIL EM MASH EM STICK EM IN A STEW

For me, it's the McChicken

with inflation, 1962 bacon is over $6

>I hate fun

use a rack and potentially precook your beef, i precook sous vide and it generally solves the problem.

or you could do the crepe thing. prosciutto isn't gonna keep the juices in, but the duxelles could if you cook them down long enough before hand

Just flood my shit up fampai

Quinoa and salted caramel

Fucking kale. Who actually likes kale? I might as well be eating my lawn clippings and yet people lose their minds over it.

this absolute cancer

People sperg over it because it's nutritious.

It's delicious when cooked correctly. I've made it into Kimchi, and also cooked it like southern-style collard greens. Both are delicious.

Anything dish that has a name is a meme technically. Especially if there are recipes/receipts for it.

That being said, just because something is popular doesn't mean it's automatically bad.

Fuck avocado, sushi, lobster, kale, quinoa, and salted caramel though.

Beef wellington is good but it's way too overhyped and hard to get right.

Side note, if you eat egg yolk uncooked you don't deserve to eat eggs at all.

Kale and other greens have been eaten in poor communities in the south for a long time. It's really good in all kinds of dishes.

I really don't understand why some people develop such an aversion towards foods that gain popularity once others learn of health benefits or taste. I suppose some people just have to be different.

The only thing I would really consider a meme food is bacon. There are much better options in most cases. Having said that though, it doesn't stop me from enjoying bacon occasionally.

>I really don't understand why some people develop such an aversion towards foods

It's pretty simple:
-hear about new food, decide to try it.
-have no idea how to cook it and too lazy to look it up, so of course it gets prepared wrong and it tastes bad
-bitch about said food being awful

I'll seriously be glad when the fad dies and this shit disappears.

>anything wrong with a runny egg yolk

Your entire post is discarded because of your objectively shit taste.

crab light

I hate crab, not because of the way it tastes, but because you put in so much effort to get such a minimal reward.

rice with chicken stock is 11/10

true, thats why i only eat it at a restaurant on very special occasions
not worth the hassle of cooking it myself

Underneath de mango tree
Me honey and me can watch for the moon
Underneath the mango tree
Me honey and me make boolooloop soon