Mexican Cooks

How come even in nicer expensive restaurants the majority of cooks are Mexican? The food still tastes great, but whenever I order shrimp and grits I wouldn't have thought a guy from South of the border was the one who made it.

maybe you shouldn't live in spicland california

Texas actually

>live in a state infested with brownies.
>brownies are the majority of the unskilled and semi skilled labor force
durr why so many mexercans?

Texas fag here.
Who cares nigger? They cook almost everything here anyway good and bad.

I'm just curious

We also have tons of Vietnamese nail salons due to immigrants being taught cosmetology as their women fled during the war. I was wondering if it was anything like that

Austin or Houston?

Houston

Depressed wages for the positions. Male unskilled immigrants are going to drift towards labor jobs like kitchen work or construction. Females are going to drift towards service jobs, like nails/hair. They also are going to cluster within their own cultures, so Hispanics here in Houston can pretty much go everywhere and the Viets will have pockets.

>Texas actually
dude any job that pays under $12 hour is going to be full of mexicans in texas.

come to comfy montana and even the mexican restaurants are staffed completely by white people

>mexican restaurants are staffed completely by white people

I can't wait to taste true Montana Mexican food.

>dude come eat our flyover renditions of texmex made by flyovers in flyoverville

yeah no thanks

>[Insert Foreign Culture] Cuisine can only be authentic if it's made by someone of that race/culture!

Kill yourself.

Mexicans have a stronger cooking culture than white people. When white people get together, they go to a restaurant. When Mexicans get together, they cook.

It's the same thing with cars: yuros and east coast burgers are more likely to shit themselves over supercar specs, while best coasters and Australians are more likely to think "yeah, whatever, I could do that with an I6 Falcon/turd gen Camaro and a tractor turbo."

Have you ever eaten Mexican food made by white people in a basically all white community in the middle of the country? Because it's invariably dogshit.

>We also have tons of Vietnamese nail salons due to immigrants being taught cosmetology as their women fled during the war. I was wondering if it was anything like that

Think again. They are nothing more than indentured servants paying a cut of their salary, a big cut, in order to be sponsored for the work visa and the airfare that brought them to the US, set them up with a piece of floor to live on, etc. They're making anchor babies, and will never pay off the overlord of their salon that got them in the country. You can be sure they are not enthusiasts of cosmetology or that it in any way is a chosen career. It's fraught with dangerous chemicals, germs and back breaking work. It's an immigrant job for a reason, and if you get your nails done for 1/2 the price elsewhere, ask yourself what corners are being cut for that? Is that tub screen getting a new $2 filter every time? Are those utensils fresh from an autoclave?

Mexicans are a culture that cooks. There are reasons why its an attractive career for immigrants, it's back of house and there are no language issues.

It's usually dogshit, sure. But there's nothing stopping someone who actually gives a shit from learning the proper way & getting the correct ingredients.

There are plenty of examples of this. Consider how many 3-star Italian, Chinese, and French resturants there are in Japan, owned and operated by Japanese chefs. Look at examples like Andy Ricker and his Thai cooking. Etc.

Though that being said, the whole idea of "authentic" is truly complicated. Ricker goes into great detail about this in his book. You can ask two people from different Thai villages what the "authentic" recipe is for a given dish and you'll get two totally different answers. You could ask two Mexicans from different parts of the country how to make Mole and likewise get two completely different answers. Ask a Frenchman from Toulouse what goes in a Cassoulet and compare that to what a Frenchman from Paris...they will never agree. It's no different than the beans vs. no beans shitfest with chili recipes from the southern US.

This, even here in Houston the "shitty" texmex places are still far better than what most non mexicans could make themselves.

>They're making anchor babies

It isn't my fault asian women love the BWC

"Can" is not the same as "is".

I work at mcdonald's and all the kitchen workers are Hispanic. I've thought about this and my best guess is just because of the language barrier. Having Spanish as your first language, or any language really, makes it hard for other people to understand you sometimes unless you are fluent. It's like me asking a kitchen worker to take orders for me it would just slow down our sales.

>and will never pay off the overlord of their salon that got them in the country
So why do they import Asian women at a loss? Is it a grand scheme to contaminate the pure lineage of the white race?

>So why do they import Asian women at a loss? Is it a grand scheme to contaminate the pure lineage of the white race?
Do you know what an indentured servant is or not? Think of them as paid workers who give all their money to their uhh, pimp. They just about break even, but the pimp gets money for nothing.

fpbp
same applies

Ignore the butthurt spics.

Best Mexican food I've ever had was made by a desert redneck white couple that hates immigrants.

>mexican food
>cooked by white butthurts
>hate mexicans
>best ever mexican food, though

Makes sense.

you probably are used to the taste of dicks for you to make that opinion....

Umm, no. There are no visa programs for Vietnamese nail salon workers.

A few may sneak over as illegal immigrants, but they're a tiny fraction of the legal immigrant refugees who fled Vietnam in the 1970s, as well as their children.

They don't. See

damn you really roasted him over an open fire my dude

minnesota here, and it's the same over here

Believe it or not, most Mexicans have a strong work ethic and are willing to work for a low pay. Plus it is a lot easier to train a Mexican (assuming they speak some English) rather than some white dude straight out of cooking school because white will have a chip on his shoulder about how things should be done while the bean will follow instructions without question.

Ez pz
Why are mexicans the ones cooking for nicer locations
The same.reason Chinese are doing the same they know amd care to cook welll

In NYC, most of the cooks are Mexican, specifically from Puebla, Mexico City, and Oaxaca

I live in Wisconsin and half my coworkers in the kitchen are Mexican. They were almost all the cooks in the small town I worked for in Montana for a summer. This isn't a border-specific phenomenon.

The hours are long, the pay is shit (for the amount of work done) and the working conditions are generally horrendous.

American's are way too lazy and entitled to put up with that.

How do so many Oaxacan/Poblano men get so good at cooking?

The Mexicans I work with said it's a cost-saving measure when you're juggling relationships with multiple women. If you get them hooked on the fact that you can cook, it's a lot cheaper than acting like a sugar daddy for a wife, girlfriend, and mistress all at once.

Kek, they do cut a shitload of corners, and they are treated as turn and burn businesses. Most are money laundering fronts at that.

>tfw dating a Viet nail salon worker
>tfw she thought a bought anchor shirt would be cute for a con lai baby