Induction stoves is the way to go. Anything else is just shit tier

Induction stoves is the way to go. Anything else is just shit tier.

Agreed

do people even cook on anything else in 2017?

why the fuck would you?

dorm kitchens: the thread

when you grow up you'll be able to use fire like a human

SORRY, BUT I DISAGREE. THOUGH I LIKE THE EVEN DISTRIBUTION OF HEAT, INDUCTION STOVES DON'T GET AS HOT AS A GOOD GAS STOVETOP WITH A HIGH BTU BURNER.

Do Americans really not use these?

When my insurance company stops plowing me in the ass with higher premiums

i disagre

If induction heaters are the way to go, why are there gas stoves in buildings? Why don't they just ditch the gas tubes?

Let me get something straight: nothing will ever come close to a burning gas.

>he can't control a flame

Aren't they limited to light weight pans and shit, or can you heat up a 4 gallon stock pot with them?

Update on error:
Pipes instead of tubes

NO. YOU CAN USE REALLY NICE HEAVY BOTTOM PANS AND CAST IRON.

BUT THEY DON'T GET AS HOT AS A HIGH BTU BURNER TRUST ME.

You have to buy induction pans. The whole concept is a meme

any stainless steel pan will work

But I like heating up my tortillas on an open flame...

There's nothing to match the ease of control on a gas stove. With heated elements, there's the issue of stored heat messing with your temperatures even when you turn off the stove. With gas, you get instant temperature control, and when it's off, it's off.

I will enthusiastically bash inducation and sing the praises of gas all day, but that isn't how induction works. For the sake of making inductionfags feel inadequate, please learn more about the topic before posting.

You can use cast iron or shameless steel with thick billets. But in general induction is a PITA. Gas is cheaper that any electric because NG is so fucking cheap right now and it cooks very well on everything.

Because it's comfy af

that is some city slicker's imagination of what a country cabin would look like

Actually it's a promotional photograph for ESSE products I picked because it was the first good looking picture when googling "wood cooking stove".

A clean stove is a weird thing to get anal about though

I hope it's not real because you do not store wood underneath a wood stove or place your solid oak varnish coated end table 2 1/2 inches away from it.

You still have to steer, faggot.

Why does it lift like that? When would you need it to do that?

That's a good question and I thought about it for a second, it's probably a circuit break with a little tripod so you can let it cool down or something.
I don't even know if they get hot underneath the pot. Probably. I'm not a faggot, I cook with gas.

How will mummy make me fresh smores with that? But maybe if she bought one she would let me use the stove since there isn't fire

>He doesn't microwave his smores

I'm relatively certain induction can get a faster thermal response. It directly heats up the volume of the pan, not just the outer surface like a flame.

>ditch their series of tubes they use to make fire

Gas is substantially more powerful, that's why.