What food is possible to make when living in a dorm room? I have a water boiler, mini fridge, blender...

what food is possible to make when living in a dorm room? I have a water boiler, mini fridge, blender, and access to a microwave. pic related, trying to figure out other things I can eat besides just yogurt and ramen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XrZPLF0ezw8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Keep eating yogurt (presumably with some nuts and/or fruit?) And replace the ramen with potatoes. There you go, literally every nutrient you need to survive.

Its a common response because it works but rice and beans. Alternatively lentils in place or in addition to beans. Get some greens too, make salads for lunch, very little prep.

Rice is weeb food, eat beans and lentils instead.

Get a slow cooker

Get a slow cooker. You can even brown meat on the "high" setting.

frozen vegetables, like the bell pepper medley. good source of vitamin c. if you're fucking lazy and don't care about high blood pressure later in life: a crockpot and cook chicken thighs with campbells cream of chicken soup.
>Rice is weeb food
takes a weeb to know a weeb, you fucking weeb

I haven't had a stove in over 10 years. When we moved we just didn't bother shopping for one. Always use the deep fryer or microwave, also have a regular toaster.

Even stuff that doesn't have microwave instructions can be microwaved. Those big dinner entrees like banquet and whatnot can be, and believe they have microwave instructions.

You can microwave french fries, and frozen burger patties.

hell just about anything. We buy these packaged cordon bleu that says do not microwave, but we get it up to temperature required and it's just fine anyway.

Just go to McDonalds you nerd

Just get a hotplate.

Beans are spic food

I live in a dorm/barracks.

Get an induction hob.

Add a barbecue (oven/grill) and you can cook anything.

My only issue is I can't cook my mains with pasta/rice at the same time on a single hob.

>THESE

just get a sous vide you nerd
All you need is a bucket of water, a sous vide, and some plastic bags and you can cook literally anything. it's magical tb h

A simply sous vide is only a hundred bucks, and with this method you don't need a vacuum sealer.
youtube.com/watch?v=XrZPLF0ezw8

It's the perfect method for poorfags.

"You need nutrients to survive"

Well no not really, the fda just made you think this so you would eat the poisoned wheat and dairy.

You need to eat food and drink water to survive. Deficiencies are nearly impossible to obtain if you eat a vegetable or two per month.
I haven't eaten fruit, dairy, cereal, citrus or fish for 15 years each and I have absolutely nothing wrong with me. I don't have scurvy or any other issues with malnutrition because malnutrition is a FDA meme.

I mean think about what you're saying.
How can man need synthetic chemical additives only invented in the last 50 or 60 years to survive?
How do humans predate the things you call 'necessary for life' by thousands of years?
How did they get by without these vitamins?
Can you answer this and not sound naive?

For reference, niacin is the only additive that is naturally sourced. While most additives have natural sources the versions you eat are synthetic chemicals and CLEARLY labelled as different molecularly and in function on literally EVERY website that isn't wikipedia, who fails to mention that the vitamin and the chemical are different.

If you use your brain here and there you can get far.
You do not need to eat FDA poison to not die. Your body may need a few of the naturally occurring vitamins to survive, but they are FAR removed and FAR less toxic than the b vitamins they have made you believe you need to live.

Once again: How can a species need chemical X to survive when chemical X has existed for .0005% of the species' history?

I am fully aware that the poison is mandated by law and there is literally no way to not eat it. You'd starve and lose 3/4 of your entire diet.
I do eat this shit every single day because I will die of starvation if I don't.
I just prefer that people be well versed on what the fuck they're shoving down their holes so that they know to look as hard as possible for unenriched food alternatives so their liver doesn't get FDA'd so fucking fast.

Dude be extremely careful with those chicken things they are less safe than playing Russian roulette.
I would go 20 degrees up if I were you, I have gotten so fucking sick off those things that I have no proper way to describe what happened to me.

I wonder how much truth is to the urban legend about a student, who lived strictly off ramen - and got scurvy.

>fruit or citrus

>Rice is weeb food
Mexican here. I eat rice every single fucking day, and not just because of food memes or anything of that sort. Eating rice is part of my culture. It's just as much of an important part of Latin American culture as it is a part of East Asian, West African, Mediterranean, and South Asian culture. It's part of fucking life, not being a fucking weeaboo who says itadakimasu before eating his bowl of shiroi gohan with chopsticks. Maybe you grew up eating wheat as your primary carbohydrate, but I grew up eating a mixture of rice, wheat, and corn, mostly rice, as a matter of fact.

If rice is "part of your culture" then maybe you oughta get back to tilling the fields and tending to your oxen you backwards last century punk-bitch.

Why don't you have a normal fully equipped kitchen?

American dorms confuse the hell out of me. What do they expect you to do?

A lot of the time if you stay in a dorm you are obligated to pay for a "meal plan". The dorm will have some sort of cafeteria somewhere on campus and you pay like $5000 and get access to whatever you want from the cafeteria. Some are garbage ass burger holes, others have nice stuff like salad bars and stuff.

Then you have a "kitchen" in the dorm which usually has a fridge and an oven that will be perpetually occupied by some Chinese exchange student who is frying up some disgusting mix of rotten eggs and fish bones.

I went to Uni in '98. The old dorms had communal kitchens but none of the newer ones did.

There were several cafeterias on campus where you could either buy food as you wanted it, or you could get a meal plan like mentioned, but that was not mandatory. And, of course, there were many fast food places on campus and all around it, all within easy walking distance.

I think a lot of it was a liability/lawyer concern. We were allowed to have microwaves in the dorms, and also things like electric kettles or rice cookers. But we were forbidden from having hotplates, "george forman" grills, and similar things. Halogen lights were also banned after some dumbass set her dorm on fire trying to dry her dress over a halogen lamp.

My high school had a room for "Home ec" classes that ought to have been filled with ovens, etc, for the classes to use. However that stuff all got pulled out years before I went there because the school was afraid of being sued if a student burned themself learning to cook.

>However that stuff all got pulled out years before I went there because the school was afraid of being sued if a student burned themself learning to cook.

I had 3 packs a day every day for 4 months. Didn't die but felt like I was going to.