Crispy Crocko

Crispy Crocko

>the Chinese are developing a taste for large American reptiles

RUN

we should nuke them again

imagine being the guy who designed and built those grills. Customer calls in and tells you they want a crocodile grill, you then spend your subsequent weeks creating a metal grill to encapsulate a species that survived the dinosaur extinction.

Yeah it kills me that someone somewhere wants to automate whole fried aligator.

I'm gonna lose it if I see this shit in a walmart deli.

do americans really eat this?

Croc no.

Gator yes.

I wonder what it tastes like? I imagine it's rock hard and disgusting.

I like the sound of it though, crispy crocko. I will will have some deep fried doggo as well please.

Much like your knob when you see your mum lad

Literally chicKen flavor with steak texture.

Dog meat isn't worth the hassle. Kinda tastes like shit and you don't get much return from the size of the animal.

Oh, well in that case I will have the spicy hot lamby nipple chops with minty pickled sour sauce.

Uh, no. Don't you dare try to trivialize or demean crocodile.

Get ye gone swampman

I've never had crocodile, but gator is very common here in Florida. I imagine they're pretty similar.
It has a texture and flavor similar to chicken thighs. When it's fresh, it has a slight taste of the water it came from just like fish.

There's a restaurant here that does whole roasted gators similar to this for parties and such. I've always been kinda interested in ordering one, but I have a feeling it's way out of my budget.

Gator meat should be relatively cheap. They're hunted for their skins--that's where the real money is. Once the gator is skinned the meat is basically surplus.

I hope they gutted that thing beforehand

From the thumbnail I thought this was that place in San Francisco that makes alligator breads.

Gator isn't bad, it's generally a novelty in most of the US and certainly isn't common.

In Louisiana or Mississippi or something the Cajuns will eat damn near anything though.

Coonass here, can confirm. Will eat literally any animal as long as it's cooked well done.

It's very common in North Florida.
Go to any seafood restaurant and they have gator on the menu. It's usually battered and fried, served with tartar sauce or ranch and a wedge of lemon.

$8 for an appetizer.