Hey...

Hey, i made some slowcooker meatballs for the first time the other night and while the meatballs turned out fine there was a ton of grease in the sauce. Is this normal? is there a way to prevent this? i did brown the balls beforehand

You just got some greasy ass balls kid

wew lad

You don't need to add oil to brown ground meat. Just use a little pam so they don't stick. Now if it was ground chicken then you should use a little oil.

>>you don't need to add oil, you just add oil instead.

I hope you realize that pam is oil in a spray can.

i didnt add any oil, it was grease from the meat and basically ruined the sauce, but i cant seem to find anyone else having this issue.

You know perfectly well what I'm talking about you spurge.

Then next time buy the 90 percent stuff if it has too much oil.

Actually, I don't. I don't see the point in buying pam at all. If you want a thin layer of oil then just put a little oil in the pan and tilt it so that the oil coats the pan once it gets heated up.

as in 90/10 beef? that sounds like itd taste horrible and dry tbqh

The difference is to coat a pan requires over a tablespoon of oil, like 120 calories plus vs a spray of pam which is less than 10 calories.

Well if you want less fat then there you go.

so theres no way to prevent hella grease in my sauce then? am i better off just pan frying then baking the bastards?

Shut the fuck up pussy

:( i just wanna cook good food that isnt processed shit

>Is this normal?

where the fuck do you think the fat in the mince is supposed to go? skim your fucking sauce.

>The difference is to coat a pan

Are you too dumb to put just a couple drops in and then spread it out with a spatula or a paper towel?

If so, then keep on paying the pam tax.

>> vs a spray of pam which is less than 10 calories.

Read the label. That's for something absurd like a "1/4 second spray". Nobody uses that little. Besides which, who cares? Drain your meat after you cook it in the pan and the fat runs out. It's not as if you have to actually consume the drippings left over in the pan.

Wow, someone in this thread who actually knows how to cook!

"my Wagyu beef has too much fat, Waaaah"

pam is bullshit

you need a certain amount of oil in order to fry stuff effectively - whether you pour it out of a bottle or spray it out of a can.

You could try to mix the oil with tomato puree, or just skim it off with a small spoon.

But the grease is where the flavor is user

Stop now

Also aerosol-type spray is shitty and can trigger respiratory conditions with oil.

question

Why make meatballs in the clow cooker? They won't get tender or anything. They're basically balls of ground beef.

>not being happy with extra grease

OP this happened to me last time I made lamb meatballs in the slowcooker and I didn't use any oil to brown them with, honestly you don't need any oil in your pan to cook fatty meat unless your pan is old as shit.

90/10 would be decent for this kind of thing I think because obviously there was too much fat in whatever you used before.

then don't complain about your sauce being greasy you fucking retard. Do some cause-and-effect rationalization before you speak you dummy

That usually just means you need more breadcrumbs or should sub some pork for veal

>memeballs

let the fat rise to the top of the sauce and skim it off. that should help

salsa chicken

dry them off on a paper towel