/whisk/

Whiskey thread, didn't see one so here it is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4E9ydw_aDMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I enjoy whiskey on occasion and in moderation.

I find pic related to be the best value in whiskey.

This is my go-to, along with Wild Turkey.

Jameson and I have made a lot of bad decisions.

And Wild Turkey will make you do really stupid shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=4E9ydw_aDMg

>not drinking rum
Tin hat with a din dat

I like the cock

Can confirm.

Did have Cock at one point, this is current bar. Most of which was free.

tell me about old forrester

I wish it was worth 25 dollhairs but it's not.

Overall good, but too rough, the Evan white label right beside it is 16 dollhairs an destroys it.

Recommend me a whiskey for under 25 bucks Veeky Forums.
I usually drink two gingers or Jameson.

Glad to see a whiskey thread here and not another stupid beer thread. What kind of clown would even drink a beer? Beer drinkers are degenerate losers unworthy of respect and do not belong on this board.

Evan Williams bourbon "Black Label"

Angus Dundee blended scotch

Evan Williams makes the best $15 bourbons.

Either white label as the other user mentioned or 1783 are the best ones, but not every place carries them. Black label is next best.

Been drinking this stuff for the past week.

Pretty good.

i always drink rye as i can't stand bourbon
so the cheapest whiskey i drink is dickel's rye

Thanks anons, I'll pick up a Evan Williams and a Dickel rye

Anyone here a scotch drinker?
Pic related is my fav, tastes like a campfire and I love it

At that price I'd rather drink JTS Brown or Rebel Yell.

I used to thing Talisker was the best but I went back to Lagvulin. Best single malt on the planet.

drinking this right now.

I tried Hakushu 12 at a bar recently. I really want a bottle of it but i don't want to pay 99 dollars. I really wish Jap whiskey wasn't so overpriced in the us. also Toki is shit i don't know why everyone is so into it all of a sudden

i think i had this once.
is it super peaty?

it is a peated scotch

how long did it take for you to appreciate the taste?
it was the first peat i ever had and it tasted like someone lit a bog fire in my mouth. it wasnt bad, just overwhelming

The first time I drank scotch i liked it alot honestly. It tastes different to me now than it did then, but i think what i tasted alot of originally was iodine. There was definitely a taste of the doctors office in each glass. It didn't help that I worked in a Hospital at the time. I tried Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Laphroaig quarter cask, lagavulin, macallan in that order. For a while I had a bourbon kick and drank only four roses single barrel. I got tired of that and now i have basically settled with laphroaig 10 as my go to because i really like the peat and it's very inexpensive as far as scotch goes.

Maybe you just don't like it. Plenty of people don't. Not everything is for everyone. I would say go to a bar that has Laphroaig quarter cask and try that. It is aged in a cask a quarter of the size of the normal Laphroaig so it is much stronger. Afterwards try the normal Laphroaig 10 and it should taste much sweeter and smooth in comparison. I think it's kindof the same thing with coffee for non coffee drinkers. if you give them a sip of black maxwell house or whatever shit coffee and then make them a cup of third wave fresh roasted and grinded coffee in a pour over they will understand how good it is.

ill keep that in mind and ill be on the look out the next time i go to a whiskey bar

I drank an entire bottle of this once and gave myself the worst hangover I will ever have. Probably alcohol poisoning.

has anyone tried the "Best whiskey of 2016" yet?

jameson's my go to, too. most of the time i'd pay a few bucks more and get the black barrel.
schotchwise i'm more of a speyside type, aberlour for example, or balvenie, even better. really don't like the peated ones. i tried them a couple of times, but they're not for me.

scotch* sorry for the typo

scotch* sorry for the typo

>tfw I really want to try an Indian single malt but I don't know if it'll be nice or just a meme

stoch* sorry for the typo

Heaven in a bottle. Goes down smooth despite being 60.9% ABV.

how to tell if your whisky is jewish

It's sold in a cardboard box which clearly states the contents at 70 cl, not like it's fooling anyone.

My stash at the moment from left to right in ascending quality.

I've never minded the spillover from /pol/ and I'm not about to start complaining.

But the standard size for a fifth is 75 cl. It's probably next to a bunch of others that are that much.

I plan on trying this soon, just didn't want to pay the 85 or so it costs here.

that nikka pure malt is great. definitely a contender against yamazaki for much less money

What is this cl bullshit, no one measures their drinks in cl.

I have never ever seen a 75 cl bottle of whisky, everything is either 70 cl or 1L.

I paid more than that, it's totally worth it.