They call meat "protein"

>they call meat "protein"

Seriously how did this reddit faggotry start, it's the most "dude-i-fucking-love-science" shit I've ever seen.

Way to rev up my appetite; I'll take some lipids and some H20 with that protein kebab, good sir xD

some people don't consider seafood meat
and they probably have vegan options available because why would you not

So it's probably easier to just call it protein rather than make an awkward sounding sign that says meats and non-meats

Also, OP calm the fuck down, it's way too early to be this autistic

um sorry sweetie, but serving tofu as a meat substitute is another red flag desu

>calm the fuck down

these fucking "build-your-own-____" restaurant clones need to fucking go bankrupt already

chipotle was a mistake.

>another red flag
Shouldn't it be the first red flag?
If I'm correct in saying that the sign says protein because it's more accurate, then that's not a red flag

>sweetie

I always found this really ugly as well but it's hard to think of a word that serves the same general purpose.

>Choose your protein
That's the kinda shit my dad would say at a barbecue when I was a kid, I don't see it as reddit-like.

amino acid chains of course :^)

Seriously? You dislike places that give you more choice? I think every restaurant should be a build your own restaurant. I fucking love that shit. Then you can get what you actually want rather then order from a set list of 5 things and then have a waitress glare at you and upcharge you when you try to customize it.

I just wish more of these places would switch to a paper based system. Theres a sandwich place by me where you just check off everything you want, and they take care of it. All of the options are clearly spelled out and you have time to think it over.

The whole concept and sucess of make your own menu astounds me.
If you look for instance the layout of a place like subway, and what they offer;
A combination of some meat, bread, veggies, and sauce, heated in a microwave by some poor sod on minimum wage
For the price you pay, you could quite easily afford to make your own microwaved stuffed bread thing, which realistically would cost a fraction
What is is about going and paying for food is it that these humans need in their lives? Perhaps the inability to produce edible food is in a period of unsurpassed scarcity. Or maybe we would rather pay for the time it takes us to go shopping, organise our kitchens, and clean up afterwards. Who knows...
The other day I saw an advert for one of these places on a blackboard on the street. They advertised roughly as follows;
Come in for your own sandwiches, made by our sandwich artisana

>microwave
I don't think you've ever been in a Subway.

Daily autism thread?

Most people don't care about this stuff. At all. Like it never even enters into their minds that there's something even slightly objectionable about these things you're ranting about. Seek mental help.

i worked at subway for over a year

those toaster ovens are literally microwaves with a convection element

Convection microwaves are the fucking bomb.

They're truly the best of both worlds. You get the browning/crisping that you could never get with a standard microwave, plus the fast cooking that a microwave offers.

desu yeah, i loved them. you get pretty good at making shit in those when it's all you have at your disposal.

i would have a stroke trying to explain it to someone when they would say "I want my sandwich toasted, not microwaved. you're not supposed to put this ANYWHERE near a microwave."

and it happened often

Just tell people it's a toaster oven. They're too dumb to know the difference anyway.

I got lucky and scored a Sharp R-8000G convection microwave from a restaurant that was going out of business. It looked new and I only paid $100 cash for it. I had to install a new outlet to run it since it won't plug into a normal wall outlet, but goddamn is that thing awesome.

i dont work there any more, thank god, mostly because of the customers that would complain that it wasnt a "real deli" when they're the ones that came into fucking subway

my favorite thing to make on em was bacon. crispy but not potato-chip tier. super fast, like 30 seconds.

>a convection element
A fan. Call it a fan, while we're in the stupid-terms-for-shit thread.

You can't use a fan for cooking. It'll just cool down the food, retard.

you don't seem to know what a convection
microwave is.

It has a metal heating element just like a normal oven. AND a microwave. AND a fan.

I always thought this was an austin/portland thing. A lot of places call it that, it's annoying I admit. Especially if the people saying it look like Sammy Hagar.

While calling the protein component of a meal the "protein" might sound a little clinical the fact is most people think about what they're going to eat in those terms. They decide on their order based on whether they want chicken/beef/fish/shrimp/pork/lamb. The protein is, as Gordon Ramsay would say "the star of the show."

On a related note I fucking hate CYOA restaurants. I don't want to have to select each component If I get the chicken give me whatever goes best with chicken. If I get the beef give me what goes best with beef. Don't ask me to figure it out when I'm hungry and standing in a fucking line.

holy fuck op is such a fagget lmfao

I agree. And then there's always "and what for your starch" faggot comment.

On a related note, I'd like to see the makers of the "is this a meme" and "red pill me on" threads thrown into an active volcano.

Why did I read all of that

You're going full weapons grade autism.
I think it has more to do with they focus grouped "protein" vs "meat".
There is also poultry and sea food listed so that's a factor too.

>Austin
Cucked : The City~
It's a pretentious shit hole where it's only redeeming qualities are Rooster Teeth and Franklin's.

autism

>whines about "reddit faggotry"
>puts the thread title in the name field
hmm

This turned me on something fierce

>H20

It's haych two oh, not haych two zero you dumb fuck.

>yeah, give me some of that hydrogen twenty because I'm an incompetent faggot with a peanut brain

I wouldn't say rooster teeth is a redeeming quality.

>Don't ask me to figure it out when I'm hungry and standing in a fucking line.
No one is making you go to these restaurants
if you don't like it, don't fucking go

>he's never been to Stubbs