ITALY vs FRANCE

what is better, italian or french cuisine?

don't say neither or both, grow some fucking balls and assume responsibility for your choices

neither/both

Never had either, only the fake US stuff thet pretends to be french or italian.

you are literally what is wrong in our civilization now
a bunch of pussies, too scared to live, FRUSTRATED AS FUCK that let off steam voting for conservative, bigot, repressive policies
have some sex

I'm sure there are good and authentic Italian and French restaurants in any major city in the US.
Never been to America, though. And as a German I don't think I should try and go there. Not even as a tourist.

I voted for Bernie.

The largest ethnicity in America is German, comprising about 17% of the population, and 26% of the non-Hispanic white population, and the rates are way higher in the middle of the country. If you somewhere like Minneapolis, Chicago, or Madison, you won't be disappointed.

>assume responsibility for your choices
You didn't exactly give a whole lot of options for "our choices".

THere are, but certainly not in flyover states

Jesus Christ, none of you idiots can actually form a real answer? Italian.

I like French cooking, but if you have to put a gun to my head I enjoy a good pasta, well made pizza or flavorful gelato to French cuisine.

Man, how did you work politics into this discussion? Then you even managed to do some projecting.
Choke on a bone. Sage.

>Jesus Christ, none of you idiots can actually form a real answer? Italian.
I took 9 posts to find someone non autistic, stay classic Veeky Forums

Illinois, Minnesota, and Ohio all have bretty good food cities. The rest of the area is trash, though.

The irony being that I'm actually autistic. I'm high functioning and above average in smarts, but I'm mostly just awkward.

I'm and I've self diagnosed autism and asperger, that's why I got triggered by the two options only
I almost had a panic attack when I called me "conservative"

OP not asking a question that's autistic as fuck would've helped.

>in 2017 asking if italian or french cuisine is better is considered "autistic"
fuck off

For home cooking Italian blows French out of the water. But French restaurant food on the higher end beats Italian. Both cuisines are tasty as fuck, but French has more finesse which allows it to shine in a restaurant setting. Italian is best in a farmhouse.

You forgot the part where those "germans" didn't live through the last century of German history and are therefore culturally american

True. Also I love me some Looney Tunes but th' fuck is with the top image for this thread...?

>in 2017 asking people to decide between apples and oranges is considered "autistic"
Yup.

t. OP

> But French restaurant food on the higher end beats Italian
this meme needs to die

do you prefer apples or oranges?
I prefer apples

I like both for different reasons :^)

I don't, does it make me autistic?

>this meme needs to die
It's true though. The French codified the restaurant experience. They set the standard for what it ought to be. The Italians are no slackers in that regard, but most of their best shit is grandma cooking. In France you shell out the dough to eat at a place with a Michelin star and you're set. In Italy you work your connections for an invite to someone's family dinner, preferably in a small town.

I'd say Italian girls are better but french girls are a close second.

Italian, the French stole everything good from them.

LET THAT OLD MAN TALK! HE SPEAKS THE TRUE!

French, not that anyone on this shit board knows anything about it.

Italian food is bland and repetitive. They have no concept of spices or fresh ingredients. If you have ever eaten good italian, it must have been outside of italy.

>italians have no concept of fresh ingredients

I like italian way better than french cuisine. French certainly has some good things as well, especially in the north. But what they serve at your typical french restaurant is disgusting hobo food like frog, snail, pigeon and rat. Italian food might be a bit simpler but way more delicious, unless you are in italy of course I wouldn't eat there anything that comes from a restaurant, you will get sick.

Personally I think German and even Austrian cuisine is way superior anyways. I have no idea where this french and italian meme comes from.

>Personally I think German and even Austrian cuisine is way superior anyways
I don't respect you and your stupid opinion

Filipino

Italian has much smaller range of ingredients from my experience, but tastes better than the very few dishes I've had from French cuisine.

>want to go to steakhouse for lobster
>girlfriend wants to go to French restaurant
>look at menus of local "French" restaurants
>tiny menus focused on steak-frites
>"that's what French people eat"

French is much more globally important due to its profound influence on Western technique, but I prefer Italian (the kind they make in Italy, not Americanized garbage).

>They have no concept of spices or fresh ingredients
>Italian
>No concept of fresh ingredients
Are you high? Fresh, high quality ingredients are literally the cornerstone of all Italian cuisine.

>muh spaghetti

Yeah, it's french for me.

>better ingredients
>better pizza

French. Two Words: Frog Legs.

I'm trained in classical French cuisine and alot of the chefs I work with are Italian, this argument happens almost daily.
Spoilers French cuisine wins every time

french haute gastronomie is better than italian.
Italian peasant food is better than french peasant food.

I would argue that your attempts at making everything a competition is what's wrong with the world.

There are nice things in Italian cuisine and french one alike, any clear cut opinion about one being better than the other would be subjective and since you don't seem to care about opinions that differ to yours I don't understand why you even bother with internet discussions.

France (aka Northern Algeria) won't exist anymore in a couple of generations

I prefer italian to french but I prefer spanish to italian

>Prefer Spanish to Italian
What did he mean by this?

France. Italian cuisine is a myth

Oh no, they missed out on Hitler.

>Italian cuisine is a myth