Is Randall Monroe, dare I say, /our guy/ ?

Is Randall Monroe, dare I say, /our guy/ ?

No, because this isn't reddit.

No, he is a passively-arrogant, logic-worshiping, polite-funny dweeb

>coffee tastes bad
Is he 11 years old?

>vanilla
>white

What an idiot

Yes.

No he's a man-child faggot

>That pic
Damn that's some terrible taste.

>Licorice
>Bad
I'm gonna need you to immediately cease your existence

this comic makes me fucking mad

i hate neolibs so fucking much

>Licorice
>That far down
Bury me in pepperoni, you faggot.

Is that edited? What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

He's an elitist cunt who thinks being a fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson makes him better than the normal plebs

Mathematician types are -weird-. Enough that us other scientists think they need to be cloistered away in their own little world.

>my political awareness is 100% from Veeky Forums
You realize conservatism is the one literally based on rejecting outside ideas

You have no idea what conservatism actually is.

BEER AND COFFEE YUCKY MOMMY!!
ME WANT COTTON CANDY!!!
RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

STEMfags are literally manchildren

Not all of us, and in different capacities. Like I said, mathematician types are weird. Physicists too.

Being a namefag, you have given up any sort of right to appear not retarded

that comic has absolutely nothing to do with neoliberalism

Is this you?

Agreed, that's entirely on me. Now you wanna point out where/how I've been a retard lately?

You quoted the wrong post, retard.

Xkcd's funny sometimes.

>ITT anons talk shit about Monroe because they're threatened by intellect and humor that isn't racist or sexist.

this is bait. anyone else who replies is falling for bait.

>humor
name ONE funny xckd

pic not related?

The ones that were drawn by guest authors while he was out doing other things.

Although I found that comic rather arrogant, I'll admit that I relate to it a lot.

I imagine most people also do something similar in different situations, so not that special.

Sure, but but he's still pretty cunty about it

No.

This guy is an asshole.
*le asshole scoots back chair*

This is a testament to 4chans reading comprehension. The comic makes it pretty explicit that the guy on the right is supposed to be seen as arrogant and "above it all", yet everyone jumps on it like its the authors actual views.

You're clearly not familiar with xkcd, Randall Monroe, or STEM-tards in general. This is exactly how he feels.

remember xkcd is the reason /r9k/ exists

What does this have anything to do with STEM you retarded arts and crafts major?

>logic-worshipping

You're an anti-intellectual.

Randall is the quintessential STEM-tard.

he's a close minded fuck who I wouldn't hesitate to feed his cat to my dog

Apparently Bill Nye is a complete prick in person most of the time, so somewhat accurate.

>Grape tastes bad

Nigga what

Why, just so you can say it's not? Get a life.

Oh hello, Randall!

Let's be honest Beer Snobs aren't doing themselves any favors by pushing MUH HOPS into everything.

Logical thinking is important, but it isn't a replacement for emotional intelligence. Human interaction, on both individual and group bases, often times takes place outside the realm of logic. It's impossible to come anywhere close to a well-rounded view of the world if only focus on logic, and the same is true for those who can only view things through an emotional lens.

That may be (is) the case, but let's not pretend there isn't a big variety between beers and that some are delicious.

I totally agree, I love Dark Beers (especially Bock), Hefeweisens, and Blonde Ales. And hell sometimes the hipsters do make something that's tasty, Grapefruit Sculpin is so good on a hot summer day.

But I can see why some people assume Beer is bullshit. If I was only given shit like Heineken, Hippy Hoppy IPAs, I'd hate it too.

And if the goal is to get drunk while drinking something bubbly I'd stick to Scotch and Soda.

>If I was only given shit like Heineken, Hippy Hoppy IPAs, I'd hate it too.

Funnily enough, that was me for years. I thought that beer was a meme, and thought that I'd never get into it because every time friends got me to try it they'd start me on an IPA.

Then I went to Ireland and had a pint of Guinness one night. Then I had nine more, then I realised I liked beer after all. Then I had a terrible hangover.

Yeah, at the end of the day it's just a matter of taste.

There's definitely a lot of people out there who love those IPAs, if they didn't so many of them wouldn't be in production.

And I guess there's gotta be some bizarre reason that there are people who actually enjoy Budweiser and Corona.

This is some questionable taste.
>Cotton Candy
Shit tier.
>Watermelon below strawberry
Wrong.
>"blue" """"raspberry"
Trash.
>Cherry
Shit tier.
>Mint not god tier
>Green apple ever
Is this bait?
>Vanilla
>White
>not pale beige
Colorblind much?
>Coffee
>THAT LOW
HOLY SHIT THIS GUY IS A LITERAL MANCHILD WHAT.
>lemon low
Fuck right off.

He's a fucking shill for Hillary even after he publicly said she was a dangerous person when she was against Obama.

why does everyone assume he is poking at people who drink beer. I mean it seems obvious to me that mr 'do my part' is the asshole and who the comic is making fun of. Has the author stated otherwise?

Because we're familiar with this work.

>watermelon
>green
you eat the pink part nigga!

Yes and the inside of apples are yellow.

>I don't like this food
>MANCHILD, MANCHILD!
What's the problem? You can't expect a person to like literally everything. Shitting on someone else's taste for not liking the same thing as you is far more childish than not liking coffee.

Preferring Obama to Hillary doesn't mean you can't prefer Hillary to Trump. That's probably how most of the people who voted for her last election feel anyways.

The alt-text says otherwise.
Additionally, there's no joke there if the person against beer is the ass.