that sounds horrible

I make something called hell rice

>make a pot of rice
>microwave three to four microwave beef and bean burritos
>toss the burritos, along with shredded cheddar and sour cream, into the rice
>dump a bunch of seasonings and spices into it
>macerate the fuck out of it and mix it good
>ta da

it's dense as fuck and you can just sorta pick at it for however long. Probably don't even need to refrigerate leftovers, I don't think bacteria or mold can conceivably live on it

>ta da

Cheaper than stock? You can get like 12 cubes for a buck.
You can't get anything cheaper than that.

How the fuck can you not afford stock cubes

i can i just want something nicer. like the seasoning sachet that comes with instant ramen.

Why not just bulk buy some ramen seasoning? Even though it's pretty much just stock cubes with extra salt/msg and some spice.

Furikake. This is literally what it is meant for--seasoning a bowl of rice. It's very cheap per serving.

you cant bulk buy those, believe me i've tried

What's your budget OP?

lets say 0.2 gbp per bowl.

That's not how "buying in bulk" works. How much money do you have for the next time you go shopping and how long will it be until you have that same amount of money for more food again?

its is how buying in bulk works.

one serving should be 20p so enough for 100 servings should cost no more than 20 quid.

You can buy them bulk here?

link
where do you live?

Eastern Canada. There's a place that has literal bins full of ramen seasoning (and other shit too). You could buy a small bag of say, "oriental" or "beef" flavor that is identical to ramen seasoning of similar name.

is that in your local supermarket?
oriental store?
is it cheap?

Listen you stupid shit. I'm trying to help you but obviously you don't want it. If you've got £5 to spend whatever you buy will cost more per serving than if you've got £50 to spend on the same stuff "in bulk". So unless you say how much money you have to spend per week or per month on food or whatever, I can't help you.

only if you get discounts for bulk buying and in most cases past a certain point you dont.

if i buy 1 onion at my local supermarket it will cost x, if i buy 10 it will cost 10x. past a whole the discount stops and im obviously going to be buying past that point since otherwise is inefficient.

to answer your question though lets say 20 GBP

I can't verify for sure if its at local grocery supermarkets, some have bulk items, some don't.
There is a place called "bulk barn" (think its a canadian chain store?) that has unmarked bins of basically anything imaginable nuts,dried fruit, spices, sugar,candy, etc, etc. last time I was there they still had the ramen seasonings, yes its incredibly cheap, other than it being canada so there is huge tax on it and our wages are low and cost of living high, haha.

dont have anything like that here.

>if i buy 1 onion at my local supermarket it will cost x, if i buy 10 it will cost 10x.

And if you buy directly from a wholesaler or restaurant supplier you can buy a whole case for a steep discount.

Find an indian market or spice store near you. Buy curry powder, garam masala, turmeric and chilli powder. Buy dried red lentils and rice. 2kg of red lentils is ~£3 at tescos, I'm sure you can find some even cheaper at an indian market. Spend ~£5 on 100g of each spice that will last you months. Skip buying piss for a few days if it means you can afford more spices or extra lentils or chick peas or dried beans or whatever. Spend the rest of your money on rice. That way you can make yourself an actual meal with nutrients and protein rather than just empty carbs and salt. Curry is amazing because all you have to do is vary up the ratios to which you use the spices and you have a completely different tasting meal.

If you can skip the piss for a whole week you can afford to start incorporating fresh ingredients like carrots and potatoes. You'll feel better eating actual food than just getting smashed every day and living off rice. You can't survive on 20p a day. A can of beans is 30p, add half a can to your morning meal and half to your evening meal and you're set.

if you buy from a local health store that sells spices this may be cheaper.

I put
> cardamon
> cumin seeds
> bay leaf
>butter
in my rice. it comes out quite tasty.

buy a different flavor of stock.

i dont even drink because Veeky Forums
is 100g of spice really enough to last months? isnt 100g like 1 tbpsfull? how much of it do i put in one ricebowl?

ill try those though, thanks.

a teaspoon of spice is like 1g or 1.5g. You want only 1-1.5 teaspoons of curry 1 teaspoon of garam masala and turmeric and only half a teaspoon of chilli per dish. 100g of curry powder will last a month but 100g of the others will last a month and a half or two. 'months' might have been an exaggeration but overall indian spices will cost you very little.

also if you're using indian spices, it's important you fry them in oil, don't just dump the powder straight into rice. even if you just use a tablespoon of oil to fry them in, they will release much stronger flavours so you use less.

thats a pain, having to fry it in oil, washing up the pan, measuring the spices on top of washing the bowl for the rice and preparing that too.

Fry the spices in the same pot you cook the rice in; there's no extra clean-up.

You also don't need to measure; just eyeball it and taste. Following specific measurements for spices is stupid in any case because spices vary in potency anyway. You could autistically measure out exactly 1.5 teaspoons of curry powder, but the taste will be totally different between brands, or depending on how old it is.

ok so olive oil into bowl, wait for it to sizzle, spices in, wait, rice in, water in, wait, done?

>only half a teaspoon of chilli per dish

hey guys look how hard i can piss