How long until the craft beer meme dies?

How long until the craft beer meme dies?

just like their lovers, the craft beer problem is not a problem at all, it's a symptom.

The nu-males are a symptom too

According to Nostrademus, in 2034 or when a large stone from space destroys the city where the orange man once resided. Whichever comes first.

Why the hate?

Yeah dude fuck drinking good beer and fuck those small business owners

overhopped IPAs are not good. If I can't drink 15 in one night, it's not a good beer.

Are you pretending to be stupid?

No. I like good beers. Belgium, Germany, and the Czech Republic all make great beers that you can drink all day long and not feel full after 2. IPAs are bitter, heavy garbage that only tryhards pretend to enjoy.

You could just say "Yes" and spare yourself from further embarrassment. Actually i think you are just trolling but let us assume you really are this stupid.
Nobody said anything about IPA, unless you think that is what craft beer means, which proves that you are an idiot. You also go with the fucking stupid idea that small independent breweries do no exist in Belgium, Germany and Czech, because you are an idiot. First you say overhopped IPAs are not good, and now you say all IPAs are bad. Because somebody else likes something that you don't, You say this because you were born special.

You are lightweight, tryhard who does not know shit about beer.

All IPAs are overhopped. That's the very nature of an IPA. Also, the best breweries in Europe have been making beer for hundreds of years. The closest I come to liking craft beer is my appreciation for Trappist breweries.

Very, very soon. The people are becoming woke.

>thinking ipa is the only kind of craft beer.
Yes you are retarded

Actually theres ipas on the ibu that are significantly lower.
So you dont know what your talking about.
Example: firestone walker easyjack

>thinking budlight makes you look cool
Oh.. this is bait.. oops

Acting like the vast majority of the craft beer market is shitty IPAs is disingenuous at best, and a flat out lie at worst. These hacks at the craft breweries make IPAs because all the hops mask the imperfections and impurities in their shit beer, that wouldn't be masked in a pilsner or a Belgian style ale.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!!!1!!2111!!!

If you drink craft beer then please suicide yourself. Stop pretending to like shitty beer and just drink something normal

Not an argument.
Most craft beers are IPAs, and IPAs are babbys first brew because you can fuck it up all you want, and you'll still just taste hops.

Congratulations, you're fucking retarded. Your certificate should be coming in the mail later this week

A beer is only overhopped when it has too much hops for the person who is drinking it. Your palate is clearly more suited for fruity drinks and sugary ciders. Also nobody gives a fuck how long a brewery has existed, that has no relevance whatsoever about what we are talking about. Only reason why you think it matters is because you are a retard who wants to act like she knows what she is talking about, ie. (you)

>uses buzzwords without actually making an argument.
People cranked out ipas because they were popular.
>muh impurities!!!
You never gave an example of impurities so i assume you're just having autism rage to ipas.
You can say you hate ipas. But craft beer isnt just ipas you autismo.
>if you dont drink this beer you must commit sodoku!
Another care of stop liking what i dont like.
No thats not even close to what you are saying.
>most craft beers are ipas.
Wut? Do you even know what craft beer is?
>you can fuck it up all you want!
No, no you cant. Hops can't mask a fucked up batch no matter how hoppy you make the batch. Also i deduce that you dont understand how hops works in beers.

>fruity drinks and sugary ciders
I prefer Trappist ales, German wheat beers, lagers, and pilsners. You know, drinkable beers.

This is just not fucking true, jesus christ. I'm in Chicago and I'm literally surrounded on all fucking sides by craft breweries that make tripels, browns, dubbels, stouts, porters, lagers, pale lagers, pilseners, wild ales, wheat ales, rye ales, strong ales, quads, table beers, APAs, IPAS, DIPAS, red ales, whiskey barrel aged shit, infused shit, mexican styles, czech styles, german, belgian, irish, the list goes on and on and on and fucking on. If you think craft breweries only make IPAs you are either willfully ignorant, trolling, or wasting away in some shithole corner of the country where there only craft brewery nearby is being operated by teenagers out of a goddamn garage

Of course you do.

I'm in Peoria, and it's all IPAs down here. I did have a sixer of 312 urban wheat the other night, and it was bretty gud, but beer like that is rare.

I know the idea of non-IPA beers is confusing for you, but trust me, they're much better.

Why do people get so butthurt by people liking unique beers
I primarily drink pbr and steel reserve but my friends who are in to craft stuff don't bug me, maybe because I'm not a faggot

>mfw an autist buys an IPA near me
If you like craft beer you should go fuck yourself to death.
Literally the only good beer on the market is Corona Light.

No you dont drink those beers.
Im not the one retarded to think craft beer is only ipa.
But does ipa give you a sensory overload?
Im not saying i only drink ipas. Im calling you retarded.
>im not a faggot
Thats why people dont hassle you.
>corona light
>good.
My sides

I like craft beers, but I don't like IPAs. Don't really care if other people like them, I just stick to my ales, porters, and stouts. That said, I also like to pound some cheap beer sometimes. I like PBR for this.

Literally how, I live in Milwaukee and I see lots of variance in Chicago beers when I see them at liquor stores.

I doubt it's going to go away. When the standards are low people with a little disposable income often choose to spend it on things better than the standard. That's why people shell out $3-$5 for coffee at a coffee shop instead of a buck at a convenience store. It's the reason people will shell out for mid-level Spanish wine instead of just buying Barefoot. People pay extra for Shake Shack because it's a little better than McD's or BK. Same thing goes for beer. If you can afford better why not buy better?

I don't know, man. All I know is that the best beers at Friar Tuck are all imports.

You need to find some better liquor stores, my man. That's not to bash imports, a lot of them are super fucking good, but you're going to a trash store/bar if you can't find decent American beers that aren't IPAs.

Are you me?

The place I go is the size of a grocery store and has two entire walls filled with beer; one refrigerated, and one not.

So what you're saying is that craft beer is popular because of the jews?

>friar tuck
Based bar. The barrel shape and lack of windows makes me happy every time I'm there. Rose's on N. Lincoln is comfy af as well

Yes

Size =/= quality. Obviously they're just trend-hopping by stocking nothing but IPAs for American craft beers if what you say is the case.

It isn't the case. I was just baiting.

Mah nigga

Lotta hipster numales in here mad as fuck that their favorite conversation drop is being exposed for the overpriced, over flavoured, over stylised nonsense that it is.

Most craft breweries are selling to the corps as soon as they get popular. Your movement is a sham.

>drink wheat beer and stouts
>dislike IPAs
>also like normal pisswat- I mean industrial beer for their reasonable price

i'm alright

I appreciate your candor to save me the stress on my day off.

You're the type of person I want to drink with.

>hipster numales
>Your movement
What rock do you live under? Craft beer has been a thing probably longer than you've been alive. The guys drinking it are as likely to be 50-somethings who ride motorcycles and have a boat as hipsters. While it might be an image thing for some for many it's a matter of "I can afford better so I buy better." These guys wouldn't turn their noses up at Bud, but they wouldn't choose it if other options were available.

>anti-craft beer thread
>people unironically declaring their hate for craft beer
>people unironically defending craft beer
>people ironically declaring their hate for craft beer just to make the anti-craft beer side look stupid (top fucking kek)
>people post-ironcally saying stupid shit for or against craft beer just to see what sticks

This might actually be the worst thread ever.

>craft beer dinner pairings

>craft beer is overpriced
>money is an issue
>i'm a cheap piece of shit

Just the mere fact that craft beer is a steady, lucrative industry just proves that the average working class is willing to spend the extra two dollars for a beer that's double the quality. When you express your opinion that craft beer is too expensive, that's fine, but please don't think for a second that you are the voice of the people. Craft beer occupies 50% of the beer section at gas stations and grocery stores now, and you have the laws of supply and demand to blame for that.

>Craft beer occupies 50% of the beer section at gas stations and grocery stores now,
You mean IPAs.

>cheap beer is bad, craft beer is good
>stop liking what I don't like

>craft beer is bad, cheap beer is good
>stop liking what I don't like

I like to get my semen directly from the source.

>Corona Light

Pacifico is so much better than that Corona swill.

Pretty much any Mexican beer is better than Corona.

Corona is successful because of marketing, and is taught as a case study in business school. Corona routinely ranks near the bottom of blind taste tests, yet it's the best-selling Mexican beer by far. It's all about the power of marketing.

Corona tastes so good with spicy asian street food and mexican obviously

Ah, yes. The person who can't afford nice things claims nice things are a sham.

Pacifico, Modelo, Tecate, Supreme, Victoria, and even Rican garbage like Medalla Light - all better than Corona.

Lrn2reading comprehension

It won't die for a long time. Craft beer is growing into a monster both in popularity and monetary terms.

I hate the term "craft beer"
I enjoy drinking a tasty brew as much as the next guy but fuck the hipster craft beer bro culture that goes with it. As long as it tastes good to me I literally couldn't care about the type of hops, the stupid edgy name you have given it, what the tasting notes are. It's just Fucking beer mate.

>only ipas are craft beer
Wut? There are more than ipas in a gas station

>There are more than ipas in a gas station
Yeah, those are the macrobrews.

Anyone else still just like drinking these?

I drink this and Guinness pretty much exclusively.

Unless I'm in Spain for Christmas then I drink Mahou.

Even craft also

Hipsters made it a meme to like PBR.
Rednecks made it trashy to like PBR.

But damnit, the stuff tastes good for a cheap beer.

I drink PBR sometimes. It goes really well with Chinese food.

The rednecks in my town refused to drink PBR for a long time because there used to be a brewery here, and when they moved it somewhere else a lot of people lost their jobs. The older drunks still drink it, but younger hicks don't give a shit.

>still drink it
should be
>still don't drink it

I figure since I have been drinking it non stop for 4 years now I am passed the Hipster stage.

It is my "keep in stock" beer.

Wtf is wrong with craft beer? If I'm at a barbecue or a party I'm fine with drinking bud light or miller light, or whatever they have. But sometimes it's nice to get a 6 pack of really high quality beer. The fuck is wrong with that?

eh, I generally agree with you, but there are a handful of IPAs that are genuinely good. Craft beer is out of control, but it's not 100% bad.

>Hipsters made it a meme to like PBR.
I watched that happen in NYC. Back in 2000 hipsters weren't gourmets like they are today. They were music fans who spent a large chunk of their disposable income going out to see live bands. At that time in NYC the dive bars offered PBR in cans as the cheapest drink option. If you were a little short on cash because last week you saw the Strokes and Modest Mouse you'd be drinking PBR this week at the Chrome Cranks and Blond Redhead shows. And you wouldn't be the only one. It didn't become a thing because hipsters thought it was cool or ironic. It was just the cheapest drink at the places where bands played.

>drinking bud light makes you look cool

>being 20 years old

Don't worry, when you can legally drink you'll start to understand beer better.

>50% of the beer section at gas stations and grocery stores now

What kind of flyover shithole do you live in?

Craft beer is more like 95% of every grocery store these days, with macro lagers relegated to one tiny little far end in case grandpa visits.

I'm 23.

>drinking beer
just mix up some everclear and mtn dew

Dude what is your bizarre obsession with "flyover states"? You bring this shit up in every thread!

>Craft beer is more like 95% of every grocery store these days
>even having a section in your store for macrobrews
Kill yourself drumpfkin

>openly admitting to being 23 after claiming every craft beer at a gas station or grocery store is an IPA
>surviving multiple abortion attempts
>letting the thought cross your mind that anything you post in this thread might be of substance

I never said I was 23.

> when will people stop liking good things and things I don't like reeeeeeeeee

user, I hate to tell you this, but it's a big ole world out there and lots of people like things you don't. Heck, lots of people just plain don't like you! Wow!

>autism speaks

it aint a meme you dip

Why flyovers finally stop drinking shitty macro lagers.

Then we can just call it "beer", because there wont be anything left to distinguish it from.

>tfw your favorite beer ever out of the hundreds you've tried is a 100+ IBU triple IPA initially brewed on a dare from another brewery
It's almost as delicious as your tears, hoplets.

You know that most of the best American craft beers aren't IPA's, right...?

That said, yeah. There's an oversaturation of shitty IPAs in the US.

>Tfw in New England
>IPAs are only a part of what we get here, not a majority
>all other superior types of beers everywhere

Feels good man

There's a few nice IPAs but stouts are the best IMO. Some really good Belgian style beers in the area too, which are good enough that breaking bank on imports doesn't make sense.

I want to know when it will die

>fuck those small business owners

Yes, fuck the 30-something bearded hipster fuck who thinks he knows better than a European brewery with literally hundreds of years of expertise, and used daddy's finances to play "brewer" with, only to sell out the moment a legitimate brewery shows even a shred of interest.

>not drinking, local American made beer often made from American grown hops and grain
>falling for the greed of the South African, Brazilian and Dutch

Faggots like you should be gassed. I actually own a craft brewery. It's fun but hard work. I've been honing my sour game and I'm working towards producing lambic year round. I agree that IPAs are overdone. We make a lot of wheat beers and a kolsch is our leading beer. I'm working on a "wheat wine" an idea I got from dust bowl brewing.

Britbeer here

Cask Ale is king

i unironically support this except replace bud light with xxxx