Is it possible to become a chef and not absolutely hate your life?

Is it possible to become a chef and not absolutely hate your life?

No, that's why I sold my restaurant and bought a bar.

probably once you get at least a michelin star

Michelin stars are a meme

t. chef who hates his life

Is it possible to become an adult and not absolutely hate your life?

Why do you post this thread and use the same picture once a month?

I have yet to meet one

My mate is a chef and he fucking LOVES IT.
Like, absolutely fucking mad about it.
We'll get drunk and coked out of our faces until 5am and he'll go to work on no sleep and be happy about the fact he's going to work.

Well of course he loves it, he's off his fucking face.

Sounds great, man. Lemme know if he makes it till 40.

i dont know
but im not gonna risk it

Is it possible to think that life isn't absolute dogshit no matter what happens?

Working as a chef is unrewarding, underpaid, hot as fuck environment, co-workers are morons, kitchen director has a stick up his ass, customers bitch and expect free food everytime their steak isn't raw or leather. Fucking horrid job I hope the virgins of Veeky Forums never do.

No.

>coked out

If he's still got residue on him when he goes to work, then the restaurant he works in must get a LOT of repeat business.

>guy cokes himself up to keep working
He's going to burn out at that rate man.
He needs help.

Yes but you've got to find a niche where you can balance work with income and hours, which is not easy.

Go into banqueting or hotel work for it to be tolerable.

Restaurant work is cancer, you have retards coming in making 20 changes to a menu item, announcing half a dozen allergens and then complain when the service is slow. Too many pussy managers who've never worked in a kitchen allow it to happen though which is the main problem.

It's possible, but rare. You have to manage your expectations of life

You will never be able to afford to be married or have a kid. You will be very little above poverty level w/ 3 people factored in and will never see your family.

However, if you plan to stay single your entire life and just casually date and hook up and such, it's doable

I've noticed people are doing pop up events with small food menus at bars and collaborations with other restaurants. Like a traveling chef/brand sort of.

The company doesn't have a physical location, they just keep doing a few events each month. This sounds like a good idea if you don't want to quit your current job and do not want to be a full time cook. You can pretty much do whatever you want and only serve a small menu as well.

I'm thinking about getting into it but not sure about the regulations in my city.

8716514>> i believe they call it memeing.
It is quite the thing on the chan.

I love it
even when it sucks

I was a line cook. It was ok, but had all the normal associated problems: opposite work hours from my wife, low pay, borderline alcoholism, etc. Now, I work as a production manager/cook for a small business food production facility. I also started a personal chef business, because I love cooking for people. I have two regular clients I cook for weekly, and pick up parties, etc. periodically, through word of mouth. There's no stress, I bring my own tools, and cook in their kitchen. It's great and pays well.

So yes, it is possible.

Ramsay seems to be enjoying himself.