What are some good Slavic foods like baba used to make?

What are some good Slavic foods like baba used to make?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7612/siberian-pelmeni
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Goulash

Ganoush?

Holubky

Chlebová polévka

Babadabushka

Pajšl

Vepřo knedlo zelo

that bread look so nice

Květáková polévka

Chlupaté knedlíky

Forgot pic.

Nudle s mákem

Kulajda

Škubánky s mákem

I like sauerkraut on sandwiches, but never really ate it on its own like that. What sort of flavours does it go with?

Lečo.

Meats, especially pork, sausage, chicken, savory dumplings, eggs. You can have it on its own. It goes amazingly well with apples and caraway seed. I could eat it with anything.

Not Slavic. But Zacusca. Fuck I love that shit

Lívance

>It goes amazingly well with apples
Wow, that's pretty surprising. I was going to pick up sausages tomorrow, so maybe I'll make them with sauerkraut.

My grandmother used to grate apple, potato and onion, and caraway into sauerkraut when she prepared it. It works pretty well.

All their neighbors are Slavs, and zacuscă is pretty fucking great. I'll allow it.

I used to hate it, but I'd love some hot tafche grafche (?) right now.

Why does 80% of it look like mud?

That one is shitty, desu.
It's basically inedible as is and only gets some sort of flavour when you douse it in sugar... and at that point, you might as well simply make something better of the sugar.

Use some jam (and possibly grounded nuts) instead. Much better than poppy seeds.

Pelmeni.

I never picked up polish, 12 year old little shit I was when she died. That said, a lot of stuffed peppers, sauerkraut and kielbasa was common, potato pancakes were a favorite of mine, most striking was pickle stew. She also make some fucking amazing pizzelles.

At least I found the deli she used to get kabanos at. Fucking love me some kobanos and Krowki Milanowskie.

Kelj čušpajz

Step one: cook the pasta
Step two: throw the contents of an astray on top

Wa la

My grandma used to salt everything. Eggs, tomatoes, pickles, beets, everything. I've never matched her pickling.

I miss her :(

lutenitsa, the bulgarian one, is better i think. especially the one with a lot of aubergines

Don't forget cheese.

My great-great grandfather was a first-generation Polish immigrant-- shortened his last name to "Kozdra" to help people spell and say it in America.

He must've had similar feelings about Polish food, because no on in my family has ever made any of this stuff, save for stuffed cabbage. So disappointing.

Great taste. I usually helped my grandmother make them.

Vatrushkis. They're a type of pastry with some tvorog in it.

>slavic

Absolutely disgusting. It's the worst parts of German cuisine and generic Slav dumplings combined in one embarrassing culinary abomination.

Gulaš

I ate this in Slovakia - breddy gud.

Mah gopnik!

Because they never in history obtained the wealth of the US and others. Think about how rich we are - even in the poor can afford Big Macs.

gypsy as fuck

The photographer is the problem, not the camera.

Fucking this. Lighting is everything. Pretty much any pic taken with flash is absolute garbage.

Flash pics on disposables have a great aesthetic. looks goof if you cover the flash thing a bit too

pelmeni

looks good, recipe?

damn I typed it out in detail before but lost it

bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7612/siberian-pelmeni

this one is pretty close, I ground beef rib and pork rib meat for mine and added msg though.

Pirozhki

Kurwa. Ale nabrałem ochoty na zalewajkę.

placek po zbójnicku

Flaki po warszawsku

barszcz z uszkami

fettucini alforeodo

Look up a recipe for a nice crockpot sauerkraut. My grandmother throws in bay leaves and black pepper and leaves it cooking for hours so it caramelizes; it ends up a toasty brown.

втpaчeний дитинa

kurwa

Black currant kvass.
I dunno how to make it, but it's awesome...

Get apiece of rye bread, toast but do not burn it. Put in in a plastic container with some black currents and raisin then fill it up with water and some yeast.

Is this a 20 gruels thread because we're certainly close

why is slav food mostly disgusting gray-brown gruel?

The grandmother o my gf came from Hungaryto germany as a young women during ww2 she cook up the most amazing stuff with little to no ingredients. She was the definition of a baba. Headscarf and everything. Shed cook this stuff up. Also butternoodels with walnut, langos and other poor people food. I love Hungarian food because of this old baba gotta hab sie selig.

try cooking in the ussr

looks delicious

Romanian stuff
Mucenici moldovenești

(Hungarian) Paprikash

Romanian
tochitură dobrogeană

Kürtőskalács

Sărățele

Varenyky

Pomana porcului

Jumări. With onions.

Ciorbă (this one is belly ciorbă, or ciorbă de burtă)

Baba lived in a time of internment so lawn clippings boiled with a brown paper bag that once had a loaf of bread stored inside makes a wonderful soup after boiling for an hour.

Cozonac

Drob de miel

Mititei

Last, but not least

Țuică

THIS BABA LOOKS THAT SHE IS VERY KINKY

what is this, some kinda ajvar?

yes

This woman looks cheeky af :D

Bosnian 'za

some of these

:,(

I love Fettuccine Marlboro

this stuff is master tier Slav food for when you have nothing and gotta feed the kids in the middle of winter

Culturally, the cuisine of Eastern Europe is not segregated

You can go to a Slavic-speaking country and find popular food that is technically Hungarian, German, or Ashkenazi

fuck yea my family is Czech and I grew up eating stuff like this

smažák (fried cheese)

česneková polívka

Garlic soup. gotta include the cheese, ham, and croutons

how the FUCK has no one posted borscht? it is the quintessential slavstew...

also, friendly reminder that there are dozens of variations/forms of guláš

Koprovka: an omáčka (thick sauce, similar in consistency to gravy, that's cream-based) made with dill

usually served with potatoes or knedlíky (the thick, breadloaf dumplings) and eggs or meat

koláče

small ringed pastries with different fillings in the central pit

popular fillings are fruit, tvaroh (type of cheese similar to ricotta, cottage cheese), and poppy seed (not just the seeds - its processed into a sweet filling [my fav])

Bábovka/babka: ringed yeast cake