I'm the graveyard shift attendant at a gas station convenience store. One of those 7/11 or AMPM kinda places...

I'm the graveyard shift attendant at a gas station convenience store. One of those 7/11 or AMPM kinda places. I cook the food, make the coffee, all that stuff.
Ask me anything

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=surreal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What food do you cook? The hotdogs, nacho cheese, and chili? Does your convenience store also have those shitty hamburgers and sandwiches? Is it pretty gross how these things are preserved and prepared? What are the best and worst thinks that require you to make them? I've always like the jalepeno/cheddar sausages.

What are your craziest customer stories?

How many times have you gotten robbed? At what grade were you identified as a special needs kid?

How sad r u

$5.34 For Newport regs?
Those are $7 in WV and we have almost no taxes.
I don't want you to locate yourself, just mentioning this.

Do you also mop the floors and clean the restrooms and how do you keep these activities separate from your food preparations?

>Cook.
I see you are also a comedian.

just look up his place its in butte mt

dude lives on a mountain of butts

sup montana bro

the nacho "cheese" and "chili" is pre-made in bags. the chili is just soy protein and I don't know what the cheese is, but its not real cheese.
But yea i cook all the kinds of hot dogs, we sell pre-made hamburgers and sandwiches but I don't make those, those are shipped to us made already. We get a lot of truckers so we sell Taquitos and Corn Dogs, because they can be eaten on the go, and I make all those
The food is all full of artificial preservatives, but Honestly the food is just prepared by putting it on a tray and into a toaster oven for a few minutes, the gross thing is most employees are too lazy to properly wash the trays or take the temperature of the food to make sure its safe to eat. You're best bet to eat is the hot dogs, cause they just go straight on the spinning grill so they can't really get fucked up by the employee.

Homeless people trying to buy beer/cigarettes with recyclables, telling me to just go cash the cans in when i get off work happens to me almost every day. Also lots of junkies that want to use our bathrooms to shoot up, and then leave their drugs behind. I've gotten lucky and i don't get anything too crazy, but there was one time a guy came in waving a knife around and i thought I was gonna be robbed, but it turns out he had just found a cool knife and wanted to show everyone.

Haven't gotten robbed yet, unless you count shoplifters.
I'm not special needs I just gotta make rent somehow.

pretty sad desu, but beer helps.

That's not a picture of my actual store, but at my store cigs are still 5-6 bucks a pack.
Thats just like top result for image search of "Convenience Store"

Yes i clean everything. Everything i do requires gloves, so i never touch anything. Also i clean a few hours before i cook.

putting food in an oven is technically cooking

>turns out he had just found a cool knife and wanted to show everyone.

Who doesn't like a good knoife

Are you pigeon bro? I miss that dude.

If someone comes in once a week and buys a six pack of beer, do you assume they are an alcoholic and are buy a six pack at different stores each day of the week? Asking for a friend.

>$5 cigarettes

$14 per pack here in JewYork.

was like 15 in upstate WA in some rich city. fuck that shit

How long do you plan on doing this? What's your education level?

I keep getting rejected from jobs for being "over-qualified" which pisses me off to no end because I just want some fucking money.

Do black lives matter?

Employers aren't looking for people who WANT money. They're looking for people who NEED money

Any stories of crazy/interesting customers?

Truckerbro here. We all appreciate you.

How willing are you to eat any of the food you sell?

How do you go with sleeping during the day?

Start dumbing down your resume if that's the trouble you're having.

have you ever been shot at?

nm you answered this. what do you do when you see kids acting sketchy?

is there a special 'display hotdog' on the rollers? its real but is as old as time and should not be eaten?

how often do the soda machines/shlushee machines/warming trays/etc. get cleaned? Do you eat food from your store?

Which did you like better? Jedi or The Empire Strikes Back?

Why do dogs have wet noses?

If you get fired will you die?

It would be extremely painful

It's pretty surreal seeing a cigarette advert.

We got rid of them ages ago in Canada. Hell, they can't even display darts at the counter any more.

Do they still make those hot pocket roll things? Last time I've gotten to have one of those was like 9 years ago

smells are wet.

yes, black lives have a disastrous effect on every area they exist in

I always find threads like these interesting. I get some insight into certain jobs and places.

Spooky pic

don't you get scared of getting shot

are you secretly a super sleeper agent?

I feel asleep and forgot i made this thread
A guy comes in every day and buys 3 40oz of Miller high Life. We don't judge
I just got me bachelors degree, i plan on doing it for a few months. I literally have no money and I volunteered for the worst shift (graveyard) so they hired me on the spot.
Pretty willing. I get to eat all the expired food we don't sell. I do it pretty regularly
Blindfold and ear plugs
Call the cops, non emergency
They never hey cleaned properly. I eat the food regularly
Empire
Not really

Where in gods mouth do they get the taquitos from?

Do you ever fug yourself when there's no customers?

there's a dirty mexican making them out back

Do you go in the torlet and pull your pud when it's quiet?

What do you sell more than anything else in the store, other than gasoline?

They're only really in gas stations in the US. Especially in ghettos. It's one of the last spaces they're allowed to advertise. I think some magazines still have them.

Have you learned to poo in the loo?

A company called Don Miguel
I've thought about it, but never done it

Cigarettes, Beer, and Coffee.
I'm like the only white guy who works there. So yes, I poo in the loo

1 six pack a week could mean a guy buying his beer a week. If a guy walks in and guys some shit tier vodka and a tall boy every day you know you they are a dirty drunk.

My favorite taco truck is in a liquor store parking lot

I see the weather is a real murder.

That taco truck owner must is a smart man to park there.

You wouldn't happen to be located in northern Maine, would you Truckerbro? I think I've stopped at that Pilot before lololo.

If a kid thats over 18 but under 21 came in with a fake ID and you knew it was fake would you still sell them liquor?

no, fuck that and fuck that kid. I'm not gonna lose my job over that shit.

Is it the worst fucking job ever?

no, not really. its pretty easy desu. Just kinda mind numbing.

I used to do this job.

One time a dude came up to the window in the middle of the night and said he was going to shoot me. Met him at a cocaine party a few days later and knocked him out.

Some guy nearly caught me smoking weed out back when I should have been working. I just denied all knowledge of it with a straight face, even though the entire place was stinking of weed.

I told the Area manager to fuck off once, and he stormed in and complained to my boss, who said to see him after my shift was over. He just told me that he knew the Area Manager was a faggot, but just to not say it to his face in future.

Started a fight with three guys who I thought were laughing at me. I told them not to laugh at me or I'd break their noses. One of them started to laugh, so I bust their noses flat for them. Was off the side of the building too, so there was no cameras.

I also used to just close up the shop and turn the lights off if I wanted some peace and quiet for an hour or so.

I actually quit the place one day, and they took me back about 6 months later.

>I also used to just close up the shop and turn the lights off if I wanted some peace and quiet for an hour or so.
I close shop an hour early every night, and I work alone so I have permission to close the shop if i need to take care of a problem. So if i'm getting alot of shitty customers in a given night, i'll just close extra early and tell my boss the bathrooms were trashed and i needed to clean them.

How easy is it? Is it slow enough that you can just be on your phone or read?

It's pretty slow. I do spend most of my time on my phone but i'll get yelled at by my boss if i'm caught. If there are no customers in the store they want you to be cleaning the store or fronting merch or doing any busy work. But at some point there is literally nothing left to do, so i just read on my phone.I can't get yelled at for not doing my job if my job is already done.

If OP is alive and didn't abandon thread yet:
Do you know Veeky Forums's Night Shift threads? it's on suptg if not.

You sound like a piece of shit.
You should've been fired.

Do you ever consider on carrying a gun? You should.

Neck yourself, you immature faggot

>Do you know Veeky Forums's Night Shift threads?
No, never heard of it, i love Veeky Forums shit. I'll look into it, what's suptg?
>Do you ever consider on carrying a gun?
Yes, unfortunately I live in commiefornia. So it's real hard to get a CCP

hahaha

I live in SC and they are barely over $4 for a pack

Even in states where it's easy to get your concealed carry permit, most chain gas stations tell you not to do it. You defend yourself, you get canned.
If it's something you have a reason to be worried about, then don't be a graveyard shift attendant. It's why I quit working in fast food. Worked graveyard, found out the hard way that the company won't do shit to protect you.

>there was one time a guy came in waving a knife around and i thought I was gonna be robbed, but it turns out he had just found a cool knife and wanted to show everyone.
>/k/ goes outside

>Work at an at risk position
>company will fire you if you defend yourself

This should be illegal.

>putting food in an oven is technically cooking
Not really no.

This guy gets it.

>it smells like weed in here wtf
>i don't smell it
>are you smoking weed?!
>no are you crazy?
>but it smells like weed
>i don't smell anything you're crazy
>...but...
It works 65% of the time.

were you raped as a young boy?

What would you call it?

Ye it's much more reasonable for an employer to encourage their uneducated and deranged minimum wage slaves to come to their place of work fully armed. Yknow, just in case...

>what's suptg?

Another fa/tg/uy here. It's one of our external archive sites.

>what's suptg?
Not much, what's up with you?

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=surreal
March 2014

oh ok, i knew about the Wiki but not suptg. Thanks!

((((lawyers))) dont want the pay out when some gud boy who dindu nuffin gets shot robbing the store

J-frame .38 and shut up

A pistol is reasonable for a minimum wage job where you may get murdered for a goddamn Slushie.

Everyone wants to be gangsta until they have a few slugs in their chest.

>Ye it's much more reasonable for an employer to encourage their uneducated and deranged minimum wage slaves to come to their place of work fully armed.
I am fully educated and only come to work drunk occasionally. Joking aside is right. Corporate Lawyers don't want to deal with anything. The list of thing's i'm not allowed to do is outrageous.
Things I am not allowed to do:
Stop Shoplifters beyond "Sir/Ma'am are you going to pay for that?"
Go outside
Go past the doorway of the walk in freezer
Flip a breaker on the breaker box
If someone robs the store I have to just give them whatever they want and then hope not to get stabbed/shot.

>If someone robs the store I have to just give them whatever they want and then hope not to get stabbed/shot.
Sounds pretty great.

>This is a robbery!
>Sure, take whatever you want. Not my store.

You should get some of your friends to rob you sometime.

yea but theres a chance the robbers will get caught when the police investigate, and if it comes out the robbers of my friends, i'll get fired.

>thinks he'll be able to get the jump on robbers with his phallic symbol.

I was shot in the face as a customer during an armed robbery. The guy came in pointed a gun at my head and fired. Fell to the ground and he was shooting the pharmacist. It isn't like TV, "Alright, see, this is a stickup! Give me your money and no funny business!" It isn't that at all.

Heating.

thats my city for you.

The cops check for that you dingus.

>not wanting money

what kind of communist faggot are you?

Did you get facial reconstruction surgery? Did you manage to save face?

It was only a .25 caliber saturday night special, so it didn't blow my face apart. But he was shorter than me and angling the weapon upwards. Fortunately, my wife had forced me to change from plastic to high density glass for my eyeware 2 weeks before and that's what saved my life. The bullet refracted through the glass and angled into my sinus cavity. Strangely enough, it ended up in my liver and no medfag could ever explain how that happened. I went to a maxolofacial medfag and he said you might have problems in the future with a hole in your sinus cavity, but he didn't want to fuck with it.

One of the humorous things was when I staggered down to the local bar with a stream of blood shooting from under my eye, I, as liberal as even Chomsky, started screaming, "fucking nigger," according to the Mafioso bartender that tried to help me. I was a regular there.

Reality can cure even the most brainwashed liberal.

>bartender
>pharmacist
Fuck off role player

Did they catch the guy?

nice