Honey substitutes

Yo, I like to make granola clusters, but the recipe I use requires honey, and I fucking hate it. Too much honey and it overpowers the granola and turns it into a sticky mess, too little honey and the granola doesn't stick together. Plus it has a metric fuckton of sugar per serving. What can I use in place of it?

Semen

Corn Syrup

This. Or molasses, or maple syrup.

Sadly you need sugar for it to stick together. That's the function of the honey.

OP here
This actually sounds great, I'm gonna try it out

golden syrup

i always use bacon in my breakfast because its the tastiest so try that first

what kind of honey are you using?
a lot of the honey that people buy is like half HFCS or some shit.

pic related is the honey i use. its sweet with some citrusy undertones. very mild traditional "honey" flavor.

You can try agave nectar,

I buy it by the 5 gallon bucket from a local guy who sends his hives all over the country to farmers who pay him for the pollination service. He doesn't add HFCS. It's pure unfiltered. Sometimes you find legs, wings or even occassionaly a bee body in it. Helluva lot cheaper at $145/ 5 gallons than a regular grocer.

OP here, I used store brand honey because that's what we had at my house. I don't even like honey that much, so I don't actively pay attention to what honey I should or shouldn't buy.

good honey is good. bad honey is bad

>I like to make granola clusters
>the recipe I use ... I fucking hate it
???

Haha op loves semen

Everything about the recipe works, I just don't like all that honey

You're the reason Bees are dying cunt

I've seen people use dates for these no cook granola bars. They're a bit expensive though and most of the time you'll need to blend them

I dunno if you get it in america

Corn syrup is probably the same thing

coconut syrup or agave, although those may be a bit too watery

I'm with you on less honey, i can only handle so much of it before its rich headiness overpowers me
but you're quite wrong about it having a lot of sugar. it IS sugar, yet it's significantly sweeter than the same amount of sugar, thus you can use a lot less. you won't find many other sweeteners that aren't made in a laboratory that give you a more favorable calorie-to-flavor ratio
in any case, if it's a binder you're looking for, try starch. Again, not really calorie-free, but.. too bad? marshmallow starch is a fantastic one, you don't need that much of it. Of course most marshmallows arent made of mallow starch, but of gelatin.. which I suppose you'd prefer, it being just protein. but the minus side is you couldn't bake the shit, you'd have to bake your granola then roll it in the melted marshmallow butter mixture. oh but i suppose you don't want the calories in butter...

not exactly. corn syrup is pure glucose (in england, where they use golden syrup, they call that 'glucose syrup' and while it doesnt come from corn, it's chemically identical)
golden syrup is cooked sugar (simple syrup) plus some extra raw sugar dissolved in it.
what i don't understand is what the shit 'dark corn syrup' is. it claims to be corn syrup plus golden syrup (under its alternate but very confusing alternate name 'refiner's syrup') but how the hell would that darken it so?