Hot Sauce thread

starting with one of the best

post your favorite, least favorite, ones you want to try

Other urls found in this thread:

fatalii.net/candied_peppers.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You might be starting off alittle too spicy there user

I use Tapatio on my omelette that I get at the office cafeteria most days. Is gud

Homemade sauce made with peppers, bell peppers, tomato and onion.

how can y'all eat this stuff? I find even black pepper to be a bit too pungent.

When you're raised with this stuff, you barely feel the pungency, only the taste. (And the taste is quite good.)

honestly this might be the spiciest thing I can eat

Whoa, slow down there OP! That's quite the spicy sauce you've got there! You should add some Mrs. Dash instead1

Its too spicy to eat pure with some wings or something but it is quite good to add into a pot because it just adds the spiciness without too much of its own taste.
Also it doesn't give me the shits if I go full pain because I don't have to use so much of it.

breddy gud, tis a bit mild though.

tabasco addict checking in

Anyone try that Fuego Box subscription? I think it's a little pricey.

>Put crushed red pepper on pizza
>"Whoa there user, you know what you are doing? That stuff is HOT!"
>Nah, it's fine I like it don't even consider it hot
>"heheh okay user whatever you say but when I see you running to the sink and drinking out of the faucet I'll say I told you so!"
>Finish my pizza slices without even needing a refill of my drink
>"Holdin back there user haha, it's okay go get some water if you need It brutha."

I hate this shit so damn much

>whoa there not too much spice, I'm a white american after all!

You simply grew up on bland food. I find Tobasco adds a nice kick of spice while enhancing the flavors of whatever you put it on.

Oh my god this. It's always older white ladies doing it to me.

Fairly normie-tier, but I'm a fan of

>tabanero
>blairs (the base heat level)
>sriracha (good for sandwiches)
>franks extra hot
>a couple local fruit-based habanero sauce

I like the vinegar-based chili sauces but my overall favorite is fruit-based habanero for that delicious sweet heat. I can eat it endlessly as a dipping sauce on its own but my asshole is a lot less tolerant to spice than my mouth and gut.

>tfw diet is dictated by anus

My personal favorite. Not to spicy, not to mild. Just right.

>sharing some hot stuff with friends
>"WHOA THIS IS HOT! I NEED A SODA!"
>mfw they are picking the worst thing to calm it down

>tfw diet is dictated by anus
This only seems to be a problem with people who don't drink enough water and only do Soda or some shit loaded with sugar instead of just doing an unsweet tea or water

Nope, I cut out soda and almost all juice back in uni. I drink almost exclusively water plus some beers every night or two

My diet is pretty impeccable, I eat healthy 8/10 meals

The shit iteself is fine, it just scorches my ass. The only correlation to diet is the peppers I'm eating you gooby

I drink a lot of water but can still get burning shits. I only shit every few days so I don't link what I ate with my shit because of the uncertainty factor

>not making your own

this is a cooking board, not a buying board

I love hotsauce so much but it burns my asshole. Is there anything i can take to lessen the anal annihilation when I eat spicy food?

kek

guy on the right is that sperg who keeps spamming salad chick and "my mom is coming over for dinner" memes

this. Veeky Forumss been raided by foodies

>tfw you love the taste of spicy foods but can't handle the burning sensation

Why was I born with such sad tastebuds.

This stuff is pretty good. Not quite super hot tier. Too hot for most though.

Don't see it posted much, but this shit is great. Beats the hell out of the normal stuff. And it costs one dollar.

I recently been into Texas Pete. I should probably try some other hot sauces

Just bought a bottle. They sell them at my local dollar store. Got any recommendations on things to put it on besides popcorn.

Tabasco is a great blend of vinegar, salt, and pepper, and no matter how shitty the food is, if you put enough Tabasco in it, it tastes like Tabasco....which is fucking delicious.

Not for white Americans though ;)

>not for white americans

Nigger please

*naga please

Disagree

>Veeky Forums - FOOD and Cooking

>put mayo and a fuckload of Tabasco on shitty delivery pizza
>"woah user petite ruining that pizza"

Flashbang's pretty good, got this down in Florida last summer. Really packs a wallop but has a nice chocolaty aftertaste.

I never got why the whole "white people hate spice" meme became so popular. You didn't see black people chugging down habanero or Japs eaten baskets of Scotch bonnets.

Bayou Butt Burner, as the name says, but totally worth it.

Current favorite: Blair's Ultra Death

Not going to post my least favorite because I don't want to hurt anyone's delicate little fee-fees.

Next up on my hot sauce shopping list to try is: Satan's Ghost, Bigfat's 8o8, and Hell Dust.

desu, og tabasco is prolly my least favorite.
favorite: a three way tie. Tabasco Chipotle. Tapatio. Franks's Red Hot Buffalo.

My tongue is confused by this:
The first three, I taste watery vinegar, relatively weak heat.
Sriracha...great consistency, but garlic BLAST...then heat.
Sambal...great consistency, but chili seeds and then heat.
Last three, kind of a repeat of the first three.

I had to make my own sauce to find the right combo:
2 to 1 Sambal Oelek and Ortega hot sauce
Pureed Serrano peppers
Cayenne powder
No garlic

Pours like ketchup, no watery vinegar, hot as motherfucking hell
I just wish I could buy a bottle for 3 bucks instead of doing this shit myself....

Don't you find that it's far too spicy to actually put on anything and can only go into big pots. I know it's synthetic chilli sauce and isn't supposed to be eaten as a condiment but you can't really taste it in a pot, just adds spiciness.

Seems like Blair's is just mega spicy for the sake of being mega spicy.

This stuff right here. It's got good flavor without being too vinegary like most Louisiana style hot sauces.

While making a sandwich I try to arrange the blobs so that I get about one blob per mouthful (a blob being the smallest amount that the bottle will disgorge at once). On burritos I run the thinnest line of it that I can manage over the length of the burrito. I just don't go overboard with it.

It's mostly for the spiciness, yes, but I've found that most of the other really hot sauces overwhelm the flavor of the food; they make whatever you're eating taste like the hot sauce. Blair's Ultra Death is one of the few of those that delivers a lot of spiciness, does impart it's own aspect of flavor, but not so overpowering that you can't taste anything but.

Instead of paying $3 a bottle for it, why not make $3 a bottle for it?

No shit, right?

Pepper mash has no consistent heat index like sauce does.
the easiest way to know if your buying garbage hot sauce is if the first ingredient is water. Diluted hot sauce always tastes like shit

I agree. Isn't that most shit? Water, salt, vinegar....or water, salt, garlic....Just hit me with the hot stuff first, man....

Dis shit right here boi. Too bad they discontinued it.

Cholula is my favorite. I buy it in half-gallon containers and put it in a squirt bottle.
I don't have a least favorite since I haven't tried them all, but the worst I've tasted was Frank's Red Hot Sauce.

Out of the 5 Cholula flavors these are best to worst in this order:
1.) Original
2.) Chili Garlic
3.) Chiptole
4.) Green Pepper
5.) Chili Lime

My nigga

is there a noncropped version I could inspect for scientific purposes?

nyymi spotattu.
anyways, godtier sauce.

great heat and a lot of flavor

Because it triggers the /pol/
It's funny.

Poppamies sauces are great! I like the Savunaga better tho.

Too smokey for table sauce desu.

Usually Melinda's, but I also use Louisiana, Crystal, green El Yuc, and fresh Serrano peppers depending on what Im eating

It's derived from a stereotype of white flyover moms who just eat the blandest food imaginable because their parents grew up in the depression eating boiled meat and cabbage and giant American corporations in the 50s selling shitty convenience food that ruined American cuisine and made everyone forget how to cook. Also, foreign people scare them so any food they're not familiar with is too exotic cause it reminds them of the darkies.

This. And there's also the basic fact that traditionally "white" countries were relatively far north, where spices & hot peppers simply didn't grow. If you look at traditional northern European cuisine you don't find much spice or heat. OTOH the traditional foods from equatorial countries are loaded with spice & heat.

but that and the pic i linked to is a poppamies sauce.
anyways, been thinking of getting savunaga, barbados was pretty nice too.

I put this shit on EVERYTHING

I've had this sauce, so fucking delicious on scrambled eggs or soup. But why is that bird so angry?! What must I do to placate it's anger?!

Is there a Veeky Forums approved hot sauce? Looking for something FUCKING spicy but that doesn't just taste of vinegar. Ghost pepper or higher level

This right here is my old reliable, love it to death.

melinda's is dope, so is marie sharp's
i tried the black label yucateco recently and it's so god damn smoky i can't think of anything to do with it other than mix it with bbq sauce. ideas plz.

aside from cholula , this goes on everything i eat

Im [spoiler]Norwegian[/spoiler] and I spice my chicken like a madman
Need dat dere flavor

El yucateco mucho beuno

>Swede
>Goes to buy some beef and thai green curry
>Waiter warns me like five times it's strong shit

Why the fuck do they do this? What is this spicy food racism, just because I'm white I can't eat spicy food????!?!??!?!?!?

It's so outlandish to see ingredients that aren't hidden in 10 point font on the back of the product in a 250 word essay.

America is shit.

dumbass with poor reading comprehension here, are you saying america has ingredient essays, or they dont?

How autistic do you have to be to care about where on the label the ingredients are?

No, american marketers are smart. They know if the ingredients are listed in very small type in essay form, even the 10% that actually care may not bother to read it, because it looks like copypasta they saw on 4chins.

>really generic hotsauce
>mucho bueno
wait... WAT?

>pic related
K Y S Y U R O P O O R

>WAHHH I HAD TO TURN THE BOTTLE OVER
>WAHHH IS SMALL PRINT, CAN'T READ THROUGH CLOUD OF MIGRANT CUM
>FUCKING AMERICANS REEEEEE

I'm looking to grow some peppers, and came across this, maybe some of you guys like it:
fatalii.net/candied_peppers.pdf

Has anyone else tried this variety? I think it's actually a pretty solid Mexican-style hot sauce. I even prefer it over Tapatio.

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

This is my favorite too. I cant even taste any other hot sauce on pizza, but this is thick and tastes great.