Haven't had to buy green onions in 2 years as they regrow in your house...

Haven't had to buy green onions in 2 years as they regrow in your house. Anyone regrow their own ingredients in their house too?

First

What's your method? Just stick them in water and keep them in the sunlight? Don't they need nutrients and shit?

Yes. Also, green onions regrown this way are shitty and really soft.

OP is either a liar or trolling. Green onions store enough nutrients in themselves to regrow once or twice, after that there's nothing left.

I can afford 50 cents for 2x the amount I need at the grocery store.

i tried burying some garlic last summer and it didn't work. i pulled it out of the ground a couple of weeks ago and screamed at it for being such a stupid faggot.

>Buy garlic for next to nothing.
>Take all the cloves off.
>Put them in my garden.
>I now have a shitload of garlic.

>buy fish
>put in water
>weeks later have 50 fish
>you drink that water

One time I got some herb cuttings at a pho place. I saved one basil stem to take home and made a nice plant from it.

>i pulled it out of the ground a couple of weeks ago and screamed at it for being such a stupid faggot.
;_____;

>Buy steak.
>Plant it in garden.
>Wait 6 months.
>Enjoy first harvest from my steak tree.

I regrow them once, and throw them out if they get to big.

>not making a steak seedling
Enjoy your bastard breed. They will be small tough and gamey if they produce meat at all. I buy my steak trees from bonafied steak farmers.

what if you threw some dead roaches or period blood in the water?

that would make red onions

I had to go cheap on my steak tree because I spent a small fortune on my salmon bushes!

That's unfortunate.

My annoying ass neighbor's stupid mutt always gets into my salmon bushes

my garlic often starts sprouting just in a cupboard after ten days or so.

/Thread

>regrow

Regrow? You aren't eating the white parts? You're missing out, bro.

Tried this a few years ago. The "new" onions were wet, bland, and smelled awful. You could smell them from across the room and the wifey threw them out.

Was anyone else given straight up green onions, raw, dressed with nothing but salt, as a snack when they were a child?

I'm trying to figure out if my grandma was senile or not.

I wasn't given those as a child, but my father and his family all ate green onions like that. They had it as a side dish to a meal, the same way you might have a pickle on the side. Fucking delicious, I might add.

luckily I can get more than you grow in probably two months for about 99 cents, and I don't have to leave random cups of onion water around the windows

the sunlight of an apartment isn't enough to grow food, not even if you put it on the side of a window.
You need extra lights.

can you please provide a guide or something?

i can't afford meat but once a month maximum and i would love to grow them myself in the backyard.

I do this but I put them in soil so they don't get slimy and gross.

But what's the point if you're not eating the actual onion? That's the best part

fucking end yourself retard

I almost pulled this off with rosemary but it died on me,

Not OP but I save leftover green onions and pull the whole thing when I need them.