Chilling at home with the girlfriend...

Chilling at home with the girlfriend. I'm doing dishes and she's folds laundry while she watches one of her cooking shows. She calls from the living room she wants to do wine and cheese.

I ask her what kind of wine. She wants Sangria (ugh) Ok, should I buy a Spanish red wine and we'll make a fruit cocktail? Or do you want something premixed? She stutters for a second and says to get a box. She doesn't specify a specific brand/vineyard.

On to the cheese. Are we going regional? She doesn't have a fucking clue and says she wants something easy to eat. How about Roncal?

"What the heck is that?"

"Sheep cheese"

"EWW! NO WAY!"

"You've had feta, why are you acting all grossed out."

"It's different! Get some Swiss!"

What the fuck?

Just as I'm heading out the door she yells to get water crackers. I ask if she has a preference.

"You choose."

All in all, I spent 25 bucks on everything. I even got Roma tomatoes and parsley. Come home, start prepping everything and she comes into the kitchen.

"You go the wrong brand of wine. I wanted Franzia. I've never heard of this brand you got. And I hate Boars Head, you should have spent a bit extra at the cheese counter for something that comes from Switzerland. And these water crackers are made with cracked pepper, I hate that. You didn't listen to a single thing I said."

>MFW

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She's trying to gaslight you mang

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

You fucked up. "a box" clearly corresponds to Franzia. Just google "box wine" and see what pops up. She also explicitly asked for cheese from Switzerland. I think you got a win in the crackers department, but that's still just 1 out of 3. You're gonna have to let Jamal fuck her a few times to get back on her good side now.

If you're frustrated now when she's still only your girlfriend, imagine how it's going to be when she knows you can't leave her because you're married with kids.

Here in Australia "a box" refers to any cheap ass goonsack wine and swiss cheese is a yankee name for anything that resembles emmental cheese

I have to agree this actually sounds like gaslighting.

lol

Tubes are tied and I had a vasectomy, we're not having kids. And if she wants some, she can adopt a Tyrone or Shaniqua all on her own.

But let's face it friend, wine is and will never be good in Australia unless imported.
I can't even begin to imagine the cheese the poor animals are expected to produce living on red sand and dry grass all year round.

A little crazy yeah, a bitch sometimes sure, what woman in her mid 20s isn't? but borderline sociopath/narcissist/manipulating bully? I dunno.

I wouldn't call it a once in a blue moon incident but neither is it something I deal with daily or even weekly.

My little sister does this kind of shit all the time, specifically making up fake moments or memories that make me look stupid, never works though since everyone knows she's full of shit, definitely gaslighting.

Aussie wine is shit but some of the cheese is alright

Mate, it's gaslighting, just cause you don't deal with it on the regular doesn't mean you have to put up with that shit

Are New Zealand wines popular in Australia? I bought a Talisman wine several months ago and I loved it.

Well, you guys are seeing it just from my post, I'll pay a little more attention to what she's says. Sometimes shit goes in one ear and out the other with little consequence.

Honestly, dude, your girl wanted the comfortable things she's familiar with. You should know what brands she likes, even if they're garbage.

This is the first time we've done wine and cheese (we've been dating 6 months, she moved in after about 4 weeks of dating.) Whats more frustrating is I AM a sucker for routine; I know what I like and stick to my creature comforts.

There's little consistency in her tastes. One week she's a fan of Cupcake d'Asti, the next week she's calling it piss in a bottle.

She sounds a little bit fucked in the head mate.

are you fucking serious?

>Aussie wine is shit

Careful, your lack of knowledge is showing

Dump her. She is the worst kind of person. She WANTS to be fancy and sophisticated yet she does not even know where to begin and probably has the palate of a child. Wine and cheese night. Pft pretentious fuck. I hate people like that. They want to appear fancy and sophisticated yet they can't even enjoy the proper things or at least try them. God forbid you take them to a ''''''fine dining''''''' restaurant and give them caviar. You should dump the bitch OP she sounds like the type who wears the pants in the relationship and will just end up cheating on you if she hasn't already.

To be fair, anyone who has a girl move in after 4 weeks of dating is probably insane as well. I doubt this is a well-adjusted couple.

You're probably right mate.

If she unironically drinks Franzia when she can afford better, you should probably just buy smaller bottles of good stuff for yourself.

>Aussie wine is shit
b..but you didn't prove him wrong?

Fuck Poo Zealand and Fagsgaylia.
Good wines come from Europe and California.

I'd wager some North Carolina wines can compete with either.

South America too. Chile is lovely.

So let's all agree, Good wines come from Europe, California, North Carolina and South America.
Shitstraya and Gay Zealand can eat a lemon.

I'm from Australia, I've been to the vineyards where they make them, they're pretty bad mate.

You're a grade A wanker mate

It all depends on the specific maker, sure some soils are better for grapes but that is fixable

You can suck a lemon cunt, the wines shit but the country's alright.

dude they are obviously american posters

no once fucking cares about australia or would assume OP is from australia

I'm not the OP mate

Feta isn't made from sheep milk, retard.

Call me whipped, cucked, a doormat, whatever. Relationships are never 100% in sync or harmonious.

I admit she's not very world wise(she's never been outside her homestate) but since we started dating things are slowly changing. We're both in our mid 20s, we're still working out the kinks. Despite our conflicts, we love each other very much. She never stops reminding me.

You got it. She gets her boxed stuff/flavor of the week and I go with what I enjoy.

I know, thats why I am calling you a retard.

Oh, well you can go fuck yourself mate, your grammar is shit and you wrote that post as if I was the OP.

You can go get fucked cunt.

You may proceed with sucking my left nut.

And while you're at it, you can tongue my taint shit for brains.

>"Feta (Greek: φέτα, féta, "slice") is a brined curd white cheese made in Greece from sheep's milk, or from a mixture of sheep and goat's milk. Similar brined white cheeses produced in Europe are often made partly or wholly of cow's milk, and they are also sometimes called feta"

You're both kinda right.

I'd never doubt feta comes from several sources but is a right idjit.

Yeah he is a bit of a spaz eh, but technically correct in some cases.

sever

your reading comprehension is the only thing shittier than australian wine m8

My reading comprehension is fine mate, it's your grasp of the English language that is the problem.

Let me guess, your name is Darrell Tyrese Jones, you live in Chicago and you skip school each day to shitpost on Veeky Forums.

Dump her. This is a classic, she is fucking someone else and laying the basis for breakup with you. Cut the ties now and you will avoid months of misery.

Friendly reminder that if you have to complain about how your girlfriend is horrible piece of shit in every possible way then maybe look in the fucking mirror and think why your fat ass can't get anything better.

Only beef cattle live in dry dessert areas, dairy cattle live mostly in the south of the country where it's lush and green for at least 3/4 of the year. There's some very fine cheese that comes out from these places, many that win awards on a regular basis.

>the girlfriend
is this you, op?

>>moves in 4 weeks after you begin dating her

Dude, seriously? You sound like a doormat. Rationalize it all you want but if you're here bitching and kvetching about your girlfriend, chances are you two don't get along.

You seem like you have mature tastes but this broad you're pounding, I'd bet my last nickle she swallowed her share of semen through high school. And I'll bet you two don't have much in common.

She's a lay who moved in and you're too much of a chickenshit to get rid of her.

I'm glad anglo "civilization" will disappear in a couple of generations

How the fuck can you hate boars head... Wtf is up with your bitch box wine???? Fucking dump her ass and fine a fat girl

Boars head is pretty shit though. Only black people and poor white trash think it's fancy

Wut? Boars head is top tier i also never said it was fancy its just good

>Boars head is top tier
Lol, no it's not.

>Tubes are tied and I had a vasectomy
How old are you? Seems like a really dumb idea to have that done at a young age.

>Boars Head
she's right you know, boars head cheese is kinda shite

She's cheating on you.

Sounds like someone who gets all their opinions from TV.

this is the West right now: pleb, shallow, brainwashed by television, passive agressive, unable to have children

good luck

>australian wine
>bad

Fucking meme spouting retard.

Testing

How many children have you had?

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
YOU'RE A GENETIC DEAD END
WHAT A FUCKING LOSER
YOU SHOULD HONESTLY KILL YOURSELF

not your blog, asshat

>north carolina

just curious, what wines in particular are you referring to? I live in upstate SC and while I've seen a few vineyards that produce the bordeaux varieties but most people when going for NC wines are looking for that scuppernong and muscadine tripe

second'd

What about african wine?

>Sheep cheese
>EWE!

Nice!

mostly pretty fucking terrible

like the USA there is some expensive stuff that's good, but the reasonably priced wine is awful

good affordable wine is mostly limited to europe and western asia

She just sounds like a spoiled bitch OP, if someone gets you something even if it's not what you really want you fucking say thank you and deal with it and then buy the wine and cheese yourself next time if it's really that bad. Unless someone hands me something I absolutely can't eat (pineapples and mushrooms, it's an autism thing) I'll try to eat it

It's not too late. You can undo a vasectomy at any time.

Consider the future countrymen you leave behind.

>She WANTS to be fancy and sophisticated yet she does not even know where to begin and probably has the palate of a child.
This. She doesn't give a fuck about wine or cheese, she just thinks the IDEA of having wine and cheese is something fancy people do and she wants to be fancy. This would be cute if she was lighthearted about it, but she's judgmental about your efforts in that direction. And her judgment is fucking retarded - criticizing Boar's Head while wishing you'd bought Franzia box wine? There's no reason to that. She's an idiot. Then again most people are idiots, so that isn't a huge crime. The transgression here is bigger - she expects OP to be able to read her mind - innately know all of her irrational prejudices and preferences - or suffer the consequences. That's manipulative bullshit.

There's really nothing wrong with her having some romantic if misguided idea of something fancy she aspires to. It's a little pretentious, but everyone has some degree of that. My girl will happily eat at a mediocre restaurant sometimes just because they have outdoor seating - she just likes the experience of eating outdoors. But if that's what she wants she will say so. She doesn't expect me to be able to read her mind, and would certainly not give me shit for being unable to do so. That kind of behavior suggests completely unrealistic expectations about the relationship, and OP is the one who will suffer for it.

kek

Right, which is why everyone is saying she's gaslighting him. She's either a narcissist or is planning on or already has cheated on him. Run away.

as someone who was in an abusive relationship where gaslighting occured regularly, thats the exact type of shit someone who's gaslighted on a normal basis says

>narcissist or is planning on or already has cheated on him
I agree this is highly likely. But there is another explanation. If she's not that experienced with relationships, and "learned" much of what she knows from romantic comedies she may just expect that he can read her mind because that what romance is supposed to be in her view. Either way it's a very serious flaw and I'd suggest running the fuck away from her.

Dump her. That is fucking retarded.

Sangria and cheese? Why? And why Swiss?
(all in all it's time to let that relationship go user)