I've been tasked to prepare a "typical Australian breakfast" for a group of friends

I've been tasked to prepare a "typical Australian breakfast" for a group of friends.
I looked online and all I found is basically
>continental breakfast
>vegemite
This really doesn't sound like a true Australian experience though.
Any help?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damper_(food))
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Start with lamb.

In fact most West Coast lamb comes from Aus.

steak and eggs or just a fry up will be fine.

>lamb for breakfast

fuck off

I don't know what you eat out in the middle of the country but civilized Australian people eat lamb for breakfast

>lamb and steak for breakfast
wat
I mean, no problem if that's a thing but I couldn't find any occurrencies of such a breakfast online

smashed avocado toast

It's just an amalgam of American and British breakfasts. There's nothing really unique about Aussie breakfasts aside from Vegemite, otherwise every single thing we have is generally common in the UK and US.

steak and eggs used to be a traditional meal for ranchers in aus.

aus is a multicultural place, there might be 'traditional' australian breakfasts and there might be 'uniquely' australian breakfasts but i don't think the two necessarily overlap. maybe just find some australian ingredients and make something out of them.

no, most families have lamb roast on a Sunday night

there is no "typical Australian breakfast" and
that's bullshit

what's bullshit

>steak and eggs used to be a traditional meal for ranchers in aus.

But then I couldn't afford my first home, mate!

Underrated

Platypus eggs.

Huh, not that guy but enlightening. I always thought steak and eggs was an American thing.

Heinz spaghetti on buttered white trash toast
Vegemite on buttered white trash toast
Grilled tomato
Eggs sunny side up (get fucked if you flip them)
Bacon

There's really no traditional Aussie breakfast, but if you asked the average Aussie what they had on a work day it'd most likely be toast with Vegemite or cereal

Fryups are usually less often or just on the weekend

We are a British colony remember so our "traditional" breakfast is similar to bongland but without the weird shit

>2 citations, 1 is 404d and the other is a book about Italian Americans(?)

there were no "ranchers", they were called stockmen and the properties and grazing areas were so massive that there was no access to kitchens and very rarely any fresh meat or things like eggs

they'd make do with shit like damper (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damper_(food)) and whatever they had at the time

whatever they had at the time, like steak and eggs.

i don't think some fresh cuts of beef and a dozen eggs were good things to take with you on horseback in the fucking outback but alright

it may not always have been convenient for australians to eat steak and eggs, but that does not mean they didn't eat them. i'm sorry you were caught out not knowing about something but you can you stop pretending to be a critical historian plz.

so you agree it was never a traditional breakfast for livestock workers

cool thanks, that's all I was arguing

you weren't making an argument, merely an assertion. and no, you're still wrong.

no i am objectavley right retard faggotboy go get cucked by the man in panties you call your wife

As an Australian who comes from a family whose ancestors spent generations working on farms i can tell you that nobody ate fucking steak and eggs you autistic moron.

Bunnings sausage at 1pm on a Sunday.

my anecdotal evidence about something literally nobody would make any fuss over or talk about is objective fact because one of my ancestors looked at a cow once

Shit I accidentally backspaced the meme arrow.

you can tell me that, sure, but you are wrong, might i suggest you do a tiny bit of research you mong.

are you Australian? what kind of world do you live in where friends would ask you to A) cook breakfast for them and B) for a country you don't seem to be from?

Aussies don't really eat anything special for breakfast. Maybe vegemite on toast (with cheese or avocado), or weetbix with milo on.

Get them over at lunch instead, fry up a few dozen sausages on a bbq and 1kg of onions and put it on slices of white bread, topped with tomato sauce. top right in pic related.