I have a problem

I have a problem.

I'm a childish autist who hates vegetables and I gag whenever I try to eat them. I've tried quite a few different things now and I don't like them but I also want to start taking care of myself. I know there's no miracle fix but is there a middle ground?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B000UZNREG/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blend spinach into fruit smoothies - you get all the nutritional benefits while the spinach flavor is masked by the cold temperature and fruit.
Also maybe start by slicing carrots thinly and dipping them into your favorite condiment/sauce.

Are you sure that preparing your veggies in a way that they actually end up tasty? Not riffing on ya, but most people have no clue.

Try looking into tasty methods of cooking them. Eating them raw or poorly cooked makes them not taste as great as they could, especially if you already don't like them.

stew them until they turn to mush in soups or stews

cover them with a fuckload of cheese

roast them

What said. You know eating your vegetables doesn't mean gnawing on raw broccoli and shit, right? Just use greens in recipes, it's the only way I get my roommates to eat them. Personal favorite is throwing/mixing finely-chopped spinach into fucking everything.
Like, haha fucker, what are you gonna do, separate it out?

Try roasting some cauliflower in the oven, easiest good tasting vegetable. Roasting the oven is a great way to make easy tasty veggies in general.

Stop buying frozen veggies?

I really like any kind of pasta and I like chicken, is there a way to mix veggies into pasta? I do like dolmio sauce and shit with the tomato bits in I just don't like eating raw tomatoes/cherry tomatoes.

>is there a way to mix veggies into pasta?

Of course. Just mix them into the sauce. Or saute them and toss with the pasta right before serving. You could also have them on the side.

I'm in the same boat user. I actually ended up eating some bellpepper pieces when I was on a date with somebody since I would have been too embarrassed to leave them on my plate. They were pretty good though.

I've also been making salads consisting solely of baby spinach, Parmesan and a vinaigrette, and it goes down pretty easy.

Been making a lot of Broccoli Cheese Soup as well, that shit is great. I also made Chef John's Pasta Alla Genovese recently, which is a good 50% onions. I know onions aren't the best vegetable, but it's a start.

Baby steps, I suppose. Currently eyeing a few mushroom-heavy dishes, since mushies basically taste like the sauce they're cooked in.

middle ground is: force yourself and keep telling yourself what a childish cunt you are, alternatively seek help of a psychologist

Experiment with different ways of cooking the vegetables.

When I was younger there were a lot of vegetables that I thought I hated. I tried them in various ways and found out that the real root of the problem was that my mother couldn't cook for shit. I thought I hated the veggies but it turned out she was either over or undercooking them.

Look up guides for mothers trying to sneak veggies into food. There are a ton of them.

If you're making, let's say, spaghetti, finely chop a bunch of veggies like onions, carrots, mushrooms, and bell pepper and then cook that in a pot before adding it to your pasta sauce. You can also add it into your meatballs (works better if you're making meatloaf).

Also try roasting, grilling, or cooking on the stove top rather than just steaming it or warming it up in the microwave ( that is if you're an idiot who buys frozen or canned veggies, and if you are I advise you to stop and go buy some fresh veggies at the supermarket)

>Spinach in curries
>beans in chili
>Asparagus and mozzarella wrapped in parma ham
>cauliflower/broccili in cheese
>SOUPS
etc

Frozen really isn't the problem. It's cooking said frozen veg like a midwestern house wife who passive aggressively hates the ppl she's cooking for. Not everything has to be boiled till it resembles an old man with ED

>don't eat for a week
>everything tastes good
>faggotry cured

>always found vegetables delicious, even when I was a kid I'd just snack on them raw
>am genuinely convinced that the secret to my great immunity system and happy life is the balanced and varied diet I've had for nearly all my life
>get worried that if I try to force my children to eat them, they'll "hate them" and start their long descent into fatty hell

I've got an old friend whom I still hang out with every now and then, most of the time we stop by to eat pizza or burgers, and every single goddamn time he takes out all the fucking tomatoes out. You're 28 for fuck's sake, stop being a baby, tomatoes are delicious.

He picks olives off the pizza too, the only vegetables he finds agreeable are potatoes and pickles. How can someone even live like that? You're cutting off so many possible foods you can eat.

Get some broccoli, rub it down with salt, minced garlic, oil, cracked black pepper, cayenne, and dried basil/thyme. Roast that shit in the oven at 425f until crispy at the edges. A lot of faggots will tell you to go lower, ignore them. You want it crispy. You want it just about turning black at the tip of the floret. Mmm.

> veggies are gross
> heavily processed foods from factories not gross

you gotta flip that, processed food is gross as fuck

It'll probably help if you chop or grate everything up into really small pieces, so you don't feel that you are biting into something you don't really like.

You can try baking grated zuchinni with finely chopped onions and make that into a sauce with some tomato paste. Goes great with pasta and some cheese.

Bullet salad

Seek therapy.

jesus fuck my mom used to boil brocolli and onions and then give em to me. She got extremely mad when I wouldn't eat them.

It wasn't even sweet onions, it was straight sharp red onions, those were some horrible nights. Learn to cook OP, veggies are fucking delicious when you know what you're doing.

I'm not picky at all but I get burgers without tomatoes because I don't trust the bun to be properly buttered/grilled so as to not get mushy and gross. I eat it on the side tho.

Ah good old megalomaniacal force feeders.

I hope one day you mistakenly do this to someone that has an allergy and spend a decade in jail.
You are everything that is wrong with the world.

>Ah good old megalomaniacal force feeders.

who said anything about force? They're his roomates, they can eat whatever the fuck they want to. If they don't like user's cooking they'd surely eat something else.

The point is that if you prepare the vegetables in other ways people will happily eat them on their own with no "forcing" required.

You'd know if they have an allergy because people with allergies fucking say they have allergies considering it's a live or die situation depending on the severity of the allergy you FUCKING MONGOLOID
IM ALLERGIC TO PEANUTS NOT RETARDED

Buy a cookbook like the one from Jerry Seinfeld's wife. It hides vegetables in foods children like.
Devilishy Deceptive
amazon.com/dp/B000UZNREG/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

The premise is simple, make meatballs or meatloaves with grated or pureed veggies. V8 splash does just that. If you are gagging, it's likely a texture thing and mental thing, and not as much about the flavor, I suppose.

I think you also have to do things that children love, battered-crunchy-cheesy-salty-sweet, whatever combination works well with dipping sauces.

Whats that??

marinate/soak them in beefstock

t.force feeders
"Here man try this beef stick"
"Why does it smell like urine?"
"That's just the seasoning"
"Is this deer?"
"No I wouldn't lie to you, friend."

You people are maniacs that desire nothing but control, admit it.

>having to hide things in food so people eat exactly what you want to eat
>I am not socially inept and risking peoples' lives with my deceptions

Pick one.

who said you had to be dishonest about it?

I told my roomates: yeah, there's X veg in here. But I guarnatee you won't taste or notice it.

>>they take a teensy little taste

"you're right user, this is awesome"!

Thank you for not being an asshole.
This offends me because 90% of people will not do what you did.

>here try this deer
>i dont like deer
>have you ever tried it?
>no
>fine sort yourself put and cook your own food
>alright fuck i'll try it

Never lie to your friends, but dont be a beta bitch. Sometimes people need help not being shitheads.

You must deal with some real assholes then.

I just take care to fix the problem that the people complain about. If they don't like the texture of tomatoes then I puree the fuck out of them so the dish doesn't have the texture they don't like. If they don't like the flavor of X then I'll make sure that the rest of the dish covers up that flavor, and so on. I don't know why anyone would resort to deception, just address the root problem.

I have tried deer and it tastes of urine, leather and spoiled beef because you hunters can't aim and 90% of your meat is shot and then runs away.
Maybe if you didn't suck ass at shooting things your meat wouldn't taste so bad.

I'm more concerns about you guys trying to put it in burgers and chili and trying to force it on everyone you meet without admitting that you added it.
Deer isn't your "secret ingredient," it's a tough, ammonia laden shit animal that deserves to be left alone, not shot and used to fulfill your maniacal desire for controlling what everyone eats.
You are not god. You are just socially ass backwards and you need to keep the shit to yourself or admit to people what you're feeding them.

Your experience with venison is not normal, my friend. Did someone rape you wearing a deer costume or something? You have some serious unwarranted hate.

You are a sensible man, I think we would get along.
I like how you're not missing the point here and bringing everything down to 'hide it in the food and don't tell them' because that shit's rude as fuck.
Some of us have true horror stories about this since the 90s were the golden age of "it's completely legal to physically force food down your child's throat."

I shoot the deer in the heart and send it to butcher. If i feed someone deer i say "yo try this deer" because sometimes people think it's cool and exotic to have a deer burger.

Because you guys won't just be straight up and tell me what it is.
Beef tastes good. When you tell me that your jerky is made of beef and then hand me a stick of roadkill harvest throwaway shock meat, it ruins a lot of things for me.
You're right, I have nothing but awful experiences with people that keep this shit around because they're all amateurs at cooking and prep and they keep roadkill around to eat and forcibly feed people.

And you are a normal human being and I appreciate that.
Read above a bit if you want to find the people I am referring to.

who is cooking them?

Nothing is wrong with the veggies but lazy/bad cooks are used to relying on the flavors of meat for a meal to taste good.

So learn how to cook them and go beyond salt and pepper when it comes to spices.

Cumin/Chili Powder is a great place to start

Just yesterday I peeled carrots, cut up peppers and green onions, and threw snap peas into a deep pan with oil and a lil garlic. I ran out of broccoli or I would have added a bunch of that

Fucking delicious with my cheap frozen perogies

Cook them goodly.

Why is it rude? Your childhood baggage aside.

>waaaah I don't wike yucky fuuud
>waaah people that give me the yucky fuuuds r bad
>booohoo dey shud be put in jail 4 ever thatl teach then xDDDD

Go take a nap on a train track.

Autistic as fuck.
>people who try to feed me veggies should be thrown in jail ;___;
It's a good thing society doesn't listen to mental cases like you.