Veeky Forums Weeding Gift Ideas

My good friend is getting married and they aren't registered anywhere. They are a, well, fat couple and love food so I feel that a Veeky Forums related gift is appropriate. I was thinking deep fryer but am open to ideas. Any other ideas for a cool gift? I'm willing to spend up to $300.

If you think a deep fryer is a good choice, recommend one.

Thanks, guys.

Heavy waffle irons make good gifts. It's not something most people would go buy for themselves but they're extremely useful, especially for fatties.

Get them a couple of extra large caskets for when their greasy hearts give out.

Yeah, that's a good message to send to the groom: "your wife is never going to get any thinner; might as well not even try".

Maybe try a Vitamix instead.

Put a down payment on a mobility scooter for them.

Buy them a fancy stainless steel grinder and a nice blown glass bowl. An eighth of an exotic strain makes a good weeding gift too.

No one needs a deep fryer in their home, especially not fat people

While I'll admit that no one *needs* a deep fryer in their home, an ex of mine had one of these frydaddy's, and it was actually pretty convenient.

You just plug it in and it takes the oil to 350 ("wah, no double cooked fries") in a couple minutes. When you're done it has a snap on lid, and a handle so you can strain the oil and store it directly in the bucket/fryer until it's no good anymore. Way more convenient than dicking around with separate containers or stupid complicated fryers like in the OP pic when you only fry occasionally at home, and it's only like $20.

But yeah, it makes deep frying so much more convenient that you'll probably end up doing it more often.

Gym memberships

OP here, this is what I was thinking. I know they love fried food (shocking) and I'm pretty sure my friend would get an erection just thinking about it.

This is also true, but I kind of think neither care about their size which is why I wasn't concerned about the message... but you are probably right. I can guarantee they'll never use a vitamix though... maybe something totally different.

They just bought a house, too, so that's why I was thinking something big for the kitchen.

A deep fryer, like a juicer, takes up a lot of kitchen real estate. How about an Amazon gift card and a suggestion of a deep fryer?

>DUDE WEED LMAO
>shitty pun
This isn't Reddit.

I use a fry daddy to makes fried jalapeno slices, fried pickles, and fried canned clam strips.

Appliances as wedding gifts always seemed like an odd thing to me.
Food, however, is always a well-received gift.

A good bottle of wine or champagne for them to take on the honeymoon.
We have a local candy store that makes a ton of stuff in-house. If you have anything like that nearby, ask them about a sample platter or gift basket.

The idea is to get them joint stuff for their new home and life together.

I get the idea, it still seems weird to me.

@OP
Get them a nice blender. Throw in some tequila and limes so they can make margaritas.

>Maybe try a Vitamix instead.
>Get them a nice blender.

3rding this suggestion. If they cook at all a commercial blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec is god-tier.

They have countless uses: smoothies, frozen drinks (alcoholic or otherwise), soups, sauces, grinding spices, making peanut (or other nut) butters, tahini, hummus, dips, spreads, mayo, salsa, curry pastes, pesto, marinades.... Heck, my blendtec even does a great job at making "ground" beef. If you're serious about cooking a good blender is one of your most-used tools.

Or similar. Research a bit.

>love food
What do you mean by that? They love eating tons of unhealthy shit or they genuinely love trying different stuff out? In that case, why not a sous meme cooker?

I second this. Got one as a wedding gift its amazing. I never would have spent the cash to get one myself and I use it all the time. Quality pans/cooking utensils are always great gifts

Give them heart attacks before they procreate, good plan

OP here, you guys are swaying me. I think this does sound better than a fryer. Thank you.

This sounds good, but I believe their immediate family just bought them expensive cookware for the housewarming. They are in need of appliances like above, but thank you for the suggestion

Slow cookers are the best

*as long as you keep the tag on and include the recipe

Actually, you might as well just give cash.

salad spinner and one year gym membership