Al/ck/

al/ck/ general
what fun

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TZV6b1PvAhg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Local gas station are having a sale on Keystone Light 15pks for $6.99!!

Im so fucked

HOLLY SHIT

yeah my 3-4 day blackouts are really just making me want to die though.

I quit 3 days ago.

Drinking summer shandy with don julio shots. Higher spending tonight, though it will end the same as every drinking night, black out passed out. The one good thing about better booze is the hangover is much easier to get over in the am. Tomorrows drinks are pre planned, screw drivers with breakfast then miller and jack daniels all day/night. Sunday will be a slow day of just beer.

HIJO DE PUTA SI AJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

Sweetwater ipa and maybe some homebrew mead.

>definately some mead

How do you get addicted to alcohol lmao, it's not even that fun

Weed on the other hand...

I have no interest in cooking. I am a mobilefag and I accidently made this the default board when I start the app. I waste hours browsing it anyways.

Dont drink, it will catch up with you.

I started drinking heavily after I had a falling out with my dad. I worked at his business and long story short I quit and was out of a job for a while. I started drinking every day, sometimes as much as 3/4 of a fifth but usually around half a fifth a day.

After a year i had gained 30 lbs, my liver enzymes and iron levels were elevated and my side was hurting all the time. I had to get about 250$ in blood tests and an ultrasound which confirmed I have a fatty liver. Its scary to know you are on the road to permanent liver damage after only around a year of really heavy drinking.

Ive pretty much stopped all together. I didnt have withdrawls but I did have intense cravings for a long time.

Drinking is stupid and I only do it for special occasions like friends birthdays, housewarmins etc.

I'm still dreading my next checkup. My liver doesnt hurt daily anymore but I still get a little pain now and then.

My advice is just don't ruin your life because you are depressed, drinking will fuck you up. If you do want to ruin your life fucking your body up spending all your money on drugs at least take pain killers without tylenol. They feel a lot better than alcohol.

Fun things that happen while drinking at the start. Like you get laid every time you drink, so you make sure you drink when you go out. After a time, it becomes addiction. That's whats happened to me anyways, Ive lost my ability to socialize without drinking, and most days I am trashed at work as a manager in charge of 100ish employees but most wont know it because that's how I function

moderation is key, if you get slammed non stop it will take a bad toll on you. Also, a big part is genetics, I have been pretty much non-stop drunk since 17 (30 now) and my medical health is great.

After building a tolerance of 3 liters a wine before I hit blackout I am doing a plasma donation regimen so as to cut back.

It does work. Forces me to drink only once a week and I get money off the side. Only when I stop doing that am I tempted to drink again

donating plasma lowers your tolerance?

4 days here, man. Keep it up.

I cant answer that for sure, but a lot can lower your physical tolerance, but your mental stays pretty strong, which is what ruins people in the end.

I will let you figure out how that happens, but its been known for years now, a lot of drugs apply

6 years sober on April 3rd. Hell of a ride.

oh hai hound

Drinking my baby mommas jack d's while watering it down to make me seem not drunk

A fools move. While it seems like a good move to water it down, as long as your behavior is a certain way, it will fit a mold. Tread wisely, you have to tools to win (tolerance) use them wisely!

Im on day 2 and kinda worried about withdrawl sympoms. I was drinking around 10-12 beers a night and quit cold turkey..should i be worried about at home detox?

The most noticeable thing I see in people trying to stop is:

1) It's hard to sleep
2) Time goes by really slow
3) Feelings of guilt
4) Can be hard to eat and drink water
5) Pissed off all the time

Have you told anyone you are trying to stop? Talked to a doctor if you have any medical concerns?

Do you want to stop?

I'm at that point right now where I'm just enough drunk and just enough high to actually enjoy everything.
Time to end that

So I'm just starting to get a pain under my right ribcage that seems to worsen as I drink more alcohol. Regardless I'm going to cut back, try to quit, and see a doctor, but does any user have experience and know just how concerned I should be about this? From what I understand symptoms only start showing up after pretty severe damage to the liver, and I'd really rather not worry my family about me further.

Whats goin on man? How ya feelin?

When I stopped drinking I was hitting it in the morning, afternoon and all night. For the first few months my liver hurt and never saw a doctor. However I wish I would have for peace of mind.

If you don't feel like sharing with your senpai I get that but if you are generally concerned just see a doctor and tell them the scoop and your concerns. They get it all the time with people looking to stop / cut back.

Two drunkard threads on the front page. This isn't food and it isn't cooking. Fuck off with your self pity.

What's the best drink to go with a cigar?

Cognac or sherry is nice.

It lowers your physical tolerance somewhat. For me though it is more mental. Drinking increases my heart rate so that I am unable to donate plasma a day or even sometimes two days after. So my inner jew who wants the money beats out any desire to drink. I get one two day window a week to drink. In practice it is a one day window.

yeah i got that for the first time on monday. havent drank since out of fear. pain started right below my right shoulder blade and made its way to right under my right pec. super painful for 2 days but i can barely feel it now.

I drank a fifth of vodka and called everyone in my phone...

This is why I can't drink hard liquor.

I used to always do that when I was drunk
These days i'm still paranoid and have to check my phone and internet history to make sure I didn't do anything stupid
tis the life

dear al/ck

ive been drinking every weekend like 30 beers worth of alcohol. none on weekdays but it has been going on for six, seven years now. its not much compared to the ammounts you lot are doing, but whats the risk here? ive been telling myself that this isnt a problem for me, and it hasnt really been, but is this lying?. i dont wanna turn into one of the heavy duty users

The soft answer is that if you are functional and none of your spheres of life are not affected, you are doing OK.

The hard answer is that anything over 10 drinks a week, if done consistently, will kill you sooner or later.

The answer you are looking for is something only you can find. If you are seeking denial you will find it. If you are asking for help you will find it. If you are asking for an OK you will find it. You will find affirmation one way or another.

your fine. I used to be like these degenerate boozebags, then i straightend out and drink a handle of vodka and a few beers or wines on the weekend, with rarely any booze during the week. occasionally i'll take a few weeks off from drinking as well. so dont worry abot it.
t. reformed alcohol maniac

cheers for the input lads. still got my health, getting to work and some social shit and family gatherings, could be worse, the liqour hasnt won me over. yet.

but thats the thing isnt it, as put it, youll hear the things you wanna hear. i got a feeling im fighting a battle im destined to lose. been reading these threads to feel like "well atleast im not one of these guys" but its just a matter of time isnt it?

end blog

sipping on some early times, watchin fawlty towers and listening to doom metal and playing mega man 2 AUGH YEAH FOLKS THIS IS THE LIFE :D

youtube.com/watch?v=TZV6b1PvAhg

i just foiund ouit the berst thing

if y ou workoiiut before drinking yoiu become lightwaight

Just woke up at 7pm and feel like shit. Pretty sure I drank myself into a coma last night.
Ordered some Jimmy Johns and gonna get ready to go back out and do it all over again later tonight.
Pretty sure alcohol poisoning is in my near future.

Just started on a 750 of vodka and bloody mary mix, gunna hope to fucking shit I'm not waking up four days from now having called out of work blacked out and on my 8th bottle to stay off the withdrawal. Feelsgoodman for nowwwww

sup al/ck/
did it, mane. 6th day, no smirnoff, DT's are still there but now rapidly dissipating. holy fuck that was intense, but the chattering teeth, the puking and the hyperfear have all fucked off, now i just have some sweats, nightmares and crazy mood swings. plus i rarely sleep and get headaches if i stare at screens for more than like half an hour, but compared with the way i felt while drinking, this is bliss.
hope i stay sober this time. if i do fuck up, it'll be with something relatively innocent like weed, i can't ever go back to sloshing back all those bottles of vodka every day. it's fucking vicious.
join me, anons. the first three days are the worst. grab a puke/piss bucket, grab a shitload of water and fruit juices, a shitload of audiobooks and some clean bedding. lock your doors and go to bed for a week. sobriety is worth fighting for.
>inb4 "inb4 relapse"

baka dude you're trolling right, you should know better than this pink elephant bullshit chill out

alcohol is many many times more addictive than weed

t. alcoholic and former pothead who did her research before and after

if the mcchicken is food then so is a nice sake

Eh?

If you think it's that easy, wait a week or two and watch your head get blown off with urges. So I hear, you can fight it but it will never truly go away.

If I thought it was easy I have stopped a quarter of a century ago. It's been getting past the first week that's always been my biggest hurdle. I don't know what made you think that I'm under the impression it's 'gone away', but to be sober for this long is huge.

>i can't ever go back to sloshing back all those bottles of vodka every day.

I'm rooting for you man if you want it, but as a top shit who went 8 month sober and got so bored I went back to it... meh. I dunno how it works.

hey good for you man. i've been buying smirnoff in your honor and i dont see myself stopping any time soon but im happy for you.
try to stay clean this time lmao

Yeah the most I've done is seven months, but I think you miss my point. Right now I'm sober. That's unheard of, even if it does only last a week it's blissful. Weird, alien and unfamiliar, but to some extent awesome.
Thanks user. Godly stuff, just treat it with respect. When it does fuck you, it doesn't mess around. Enjoy though man

Well just keep trying, that's what I do. I get moments of time on either side of the bottle that are good. Only moments, though. Don't suck into that pink elephant stuff though.

did you really handcuff yourself outside in a tent? need more details

Lol, yup, but gave up after a few hours because it was cold as fuck outside. Instead, I went inside my brothers house, got him to lock the doors and make sure he had the only key.
Pretty sure I was so much of imposition of his household but he won't be helping me again in that way, hence my wanting to use a tent in the first place, but… Whatever, it worked!

fuckin hilarious. so what are your plans to stay off booze then? gonna start working again or what

My plans for now don't extend much further than getting my sleeping patterns sorted, but I've got a support group lined up and a few years worth of hoovering/cleaning/DIY repairs to do. After that who knows, anything but booze, I'd rather go to prison.

that's good man just keep busy. i'm rooting for you

Ty user, stay safe on that Smirnoff, bro

who else is drinking alone tonight?

everyone!

Recommendations under $15/750ml?
best thing i've found so far is pic related

depends where you live

no one ever replies to a goddamn thing i post on here, but i knew this would get replied to. got a 12 pack, 10 pocket rockets of tequila, and a random cider. whatre you drinkin?

fortified wine with gf beside me and will probably load up NieR Automata

my life is completely empty outside of this so it's possible that i might relate on some dimension

Does drinking alone at the bar count?

I got a fresh 750 of vodka and blobby mary mix/mnt dude I'm ready to try not to bender out but will prob die lets go

yeah that's worse

of course it does. proximity to others doesnt count as company

my computer is such shit i can barely run anything, so ive been jamming hard on tales of maj eyal for the last few months

If you get out of bed to get drunk you're already gravitating towards alpha normie imo

you wont die from a fifth, just feel like shit tomorrow depending on how you pace yourself. desu i typically only drink 3-4 beers once a week. i just sorta grew out of drinkng a lot more, but its fun as shit to go hard every now and then

Eh, at least I can talk to the bartender when he's not busy.

>roguelike
i've never played it but i've got some respect for you, user

it's not this fifth, it's the black out where I don't stop driving to get more till i'm puking and withdrawaling on the tenth after missing days of work, yeah I know it's saturday.

Only talk2grls

i didnt before this one but desu its fucking incredible, best $7 i ever spent on entertainment, the dlc is incredible too.

yeah once youre nice and drunk you can pretty much talk to anyone. last time i went to a bar alone i befriended a chicago coke dealer who was out to the west coast for a court date, dude was surprisingly down to earth and level headed

jesus mary and joseph, reminds me of a guy i knew who was a nurse and would give himself a vodka nasal drip on top of drinking

It's not all bad, I feel good here and there.

>buying a freeware game on steam just because
double respect god damn

is it actually good? like you call it incredible, but why?

>gf
fucking normies

I quit drinking for 3 weeks after slowing down over several months. It was nice.

Broke it tonight for a few beers. I don't think I will be going back to it unless it is light and social.

The clarity and energy you get is great. You feel like you are on fucking meth all day.

thank you man, its definitely worth it to support the developer. the character creation lends itself to infinite playthroughs, with ludicrous depth to approach most encounters. the balance is phenonmenal, the developer is constantly patching and adding new content, and you can tell this project is loved just by the story and soundtrack. other than the lackluster graphics its perfect

can you fucking niggers shill in another thread

ah, theres Veeky Forums

Damn why did no one ever tell me that wine is so good? I stopped drinking because beer gave me terrible headaches. But wine doesnt give me any of that discomfort. Well back to drinking

be careful, wine hangovers are godawful. good quality vodka is the way to go if youre worried about hangovers

even nigger vodka is better than this shit

i honestly dont understand all the nigger this and nigger that shit. like, when have you ever seen a black person drinking bottom shelf pints of vodka? i wouldnt say, "this cheeseburger sucks, it tastes like niggers". all that being said, hold your nose and take that shit down

hear, hear
skip the hooch altogether and just go straight for the hard narcotics

>tfw attempted to empty a 3L piss bowl, drop while trying to open door
SWEET

anyone else here love irish cream?

I know its considered an "old man liquor" but I love the stuff
Also I home brewed some kilju, and popped it in the sodastream and added some lemon lime bitters flavoring. Turned out very nice. Im suprised it was that good considering its fucking water and yeast basically

Next time I will try my hand at making some cider, I think

Who the fuck pisses in bowls when there are bottles around?

The alcohol is ok but the coffee creamer is dank.
I don't even use cream in my coffee, I just drink the creamer when it shows up in the store.
I am not known to be a very sane person.

[spoiler]I have been known to do that as well[/spoiler]

Its fantastic stuff DESU

The drink of the gods

That or fortified wine

I agree, what do they put in that stuff?
Can I just buy it raw in powdered form?
Why is it unpopular? It's like a donut with milk and coffee in liquid form.

You know. Im going to email them about that idea first thing tomorrow. Fantastic thought about powdered irish cream creamer.

You should too. I think you're onto something there

That was your idea, but please do it.
I just wanted a powdered version of pure unadultered Bailey's flavor, like a msg type addon so I can make all my food taste mmm creamy.
But I guess we can just stick to coffee creamer for now.

Well lads, the time has come and I finally need to stop getting fucked up every single night. Woke up 2 days ago with a dull ache in my upper back and a weird feeling on my right side which I can only assume is me liver and kidneys telling me to stop. That shit really shouldn't be happening at 24.

Didn't drink anything yesterday for the first time in a long, long time and I feel a lot better today. But fuck me the evenings are boring without a buzz. Think I am back to normal now, well the pain is gone at least. Going to see if I can last a week or so and take it from there. Either way, it is probably time to stop my old habits. I am telling myself I was drinking out of boredom as opposed to addiction, lets put that theory to the test. No withdrawals yet.

Do you use laundry detergent or dryer sheets when washing your bedding? What kinds?
Just answer this strange question and I'll give you a huge tip to living your life maybe.

I use detergent and fabric softener, wash them every friday when i get home from work.

No idea what kinds, whatever is on offer I guess. Strange question indeed!

As much as I hate people who don't understand the addiction of alcohol nor the dangers of weed, maybe its something you could look into, if boredom is a trigger for drinking.