Am I autistic for rinsing off soda cans before I drink from them? I feel like, who knows where they've been, y'know?

Am I autistic for rinsing off soda cans before I drink from them? I feel like, who knows where they've been, y'know?

Autistic? No. Germaphobic? Slightly.

Are you kidding? That shit has been stepped on, pissed on, rats shat on, spit on, etc etc. I'd be more worried if you didn't rinse it off.

your actually smart for doing that because cans can be stored for months in old dusty warehouses with mice. I read that this lady got sick and died from drinking her soda because it had rat urine on the part where you sip from

t. autist

>taking even the most basic interest in what you're putting into your body is autistic now
Are you autistic for washing your hands before a meal? Or for not wanting to lick the floor of a gas station bathroom?

I'll give 'em a quick shirt wipe, but if i'm grabbing them from a cardboard box, eh.

Does anyone else only open can drinks slightly just enough to hear the gas release then suck the contents out? I prefer this method so if I accidentally knock the drink over the contents don't rapidly spill out.

no, rats crawl all over the cans in the warehouse and leave diseases on the rim

>not drinking patricial San Pellegrino sodas that already do the courtesy of foiling up the lid

Those tastes like shit though so the foil negates it.

>he doesn't like chinotto

Mah nigga.

>I have no taste

Nigger blood orange is the godest of god tiers.

I put my soda cans in the microwave for 30 minutes to sterilize them.

am I only one who does this?

This is the best flavor, no contest.

When i'm in the hospital or something sure.

I actually work at the largest can and end manufacturer in North America. The place is spotless, adheres to rigorous food safety standards, and all product is stored in long sealed and/or folded bags. The prices is so clean that our customers don't have to wash them after delivery. Our production is such that nothing sits in our warehouse for longer than a day. But I've heard from management who has toured other plants where that's not the case.

If you're worried about contamination, by all means, rinse/clean the ends. I don't bother.

None of this is true. After being filled, the cans get packaged immediately for easier storage making it HIGHLY unlikely for animals to gain access to them. Even if it does happen those packages are discarded.
That being said, I don't see an issue with giving them a rinse before putting your mouth on the can

Actually, I lied. That's how the ends are packaged. The cans are stacked add then wrapped tightly in several layers of plastic on the pallet.

What's inside of the can is probably worse for you than any rat piss or shit on the outside.

I've gotten food poisoning from a cola purchased in Bangkok. If you live in a first world country you're probably fine.

Rinsing the can probably won't help much. You're just giving the bacteria a bath - you'd need to soap the can to be 100% risk-free.

one night in Bangkok and you die... period.

Not at all. What I don't understand is why the US doesn't sell soda cans with a foil lid. In my country, you buy a can of soda, there's a peel-away lid of foil over the top of the can, similar to that found on pots/cups of yogurt. This way, you peel off and discard the foil lid, secure that no rodent urine has touched the part of the can that touches your lips.

>muh germs

Enjoy your shit tier immune system when the next global epidemic hits. Nothing on that soda can is worse than what you interact with outside. Then again, this is Veeky Forums, you don't go outside, which is why I told you to enjoy your shit tier immune system.

I am also a manchild who has yet to master bringing the can to my mouth without making a spilly mess on my self.

thats the most autistic shit ive ever seen.
your whole country should just go ahead and bend over for Trump.
fuck outta here with that sshit.
next thing you gonna tell us they have dicks in your country with foil lids to secure that no rodent urine has ytouched the part of the dick that touches your lips.

Why not just make the factory and storage facility sanitary.
What the actual fuck guys.

I'll do that too from now on
even though they're probably shipped around like this

tbchwyatmit I am more worried about the stockmen putting their dirty balls on my beer rather than rats or whatever

Adding to the landfill is much more exciting

germfags are the worst. GERMS NEVER KILLED ANYONE YOU PUSSIES

>Are you autistic for washing your hands before a meal? Or for not wanting to lick the floor of a gas station bathroom?
Woah there, autismo. Someone get this dude a fidget box, stat.

Worried they won't have time to put their balls directly in your mouth anymore?

Use a black light on them to be sure.
The tops are almost always clean, fresh out of the box. The bottom, not so much.

It may not be true where its manufacturered, but what about after that? My first job was at Target in the backroom, and it was full of unsupervised kids who took every chance to fuck the system that they could.

The thing that stands out the most to me is that most panties were sold without packaging. In the back, we had about 20 cardboard boxes that we stored them in, 5-6 designs per box. I can promise you more than half of them has touched dick.

As far as the can drinks go, Coke did all the stocking themselves, but they would deliver a ton of it and store it in our backroom so their people could just could, grab what they need, and set up the displays.

Doesn't matter how clean you think something is, never put something you buy in or on your body without cleaning it first.

OP, just pour your beverage into a clean glass like a person who isn't ignorant. Pour from your sterile interior into a clean glass. Duh. Rinsing isn't "cleaning"? Is that how you do your dishes at home? Water rinse and put them away? Is that how you expect restaurants to wash their new dishes "welp, it's never been used, so yea, just rinse it, clean enough." Do you think hospitals install metal hips in people that they simply rinse in water before surgery? Did you never take microbiology?

It's not classy to care about germs on a can when you can simply get a clean glass or disposable cup even, and drink your beer or soda like someone who didn't grow up in some third world hole. Do you even listen to yourself when you speak?

>What I don't understand is why the US doesn't sell soda cans with a foil lid. In my country, you buy a can of soda, there's a peel-away lid of foil over the top of the can, similar to that found on pots/cups of yogurt.
Most people in the US buy soda in cans inside of sterile 12packs of soda. Soda cans in the US often do not come in those 6 or 4 ring connectors because they have been shown to pollute oceans and noose fish and wildlife in that unbreakable ring.
In the US if some are buying single serve containers, they are buying them in plastic bottles, because they can be plunged into ice baths when sold without contamination from foul water ice like in your country. Also, resealable lids are favored in the US much more, because we are often sipping beverages in a car and it won't tip over and wreck your interior in case of sudden stop.