Guanciale thread

Guanciale thread

I chop it up really fine and reduce it for an hour into a guanciale flavored cream sauce (the fat melts) then I stir that into a prosciutto carbonara sauce and serve with spaghetti

Carbonara has really been taking off on Veeky Forums these days.

I'm actually making some tomorrow but my flyover stores don't have it or pancetta.

can i just microwave the whole thing?
how long should i put it on?
will any of the preset settings work? (popcorn, potato, etc.)

Im debating making the creamless version.

Any tips?

remember to scramble the egg, raw eggs are dangerous

Pure KINO

Can you explain?

Sure. If anyone could give me any points that would be great since I honestly don't know what I am doing (especially at the reduction part that was an improvisation of my own and I don't know how to properly reduce it into a flavor enhancer thing)

100grams of guanciale
100grams of prosciutto (I like it better than pancetta)
2 egg yolks
500ml of whipping cream
1/2 cup parmesean
1/2 cup parmesean
2tbsp parsley
butter

Seperate the fat from the meat (one pile should be prosciutto and guanciale fat and the other pile is the prosciutto and guanciale meant)

Put the fats into a saucepan with a tablespoon of butter and just enough whipping cream to cover all the fat (should be one of those small skinny saucepan) I put it on a low heat for 20-30 minutes while stiring it every now and then. Then I put it on medium heat for 5 minutes while constantly stiring/shaking the pan (so it doesn't burn) then back to a low heat for 20-30 minutes then another 5 minutes on medium. By now the fat has (mostly) melted into the cream and the cream has been reduced. It's going to taste really good. I take a strainer and seperate the remaining fat and pour this reduced guanciale cream into the whipping cream that I am going to use for the main carbonara. I take the fat and a chopping knife and chop it up into a nice mince (its super easy since its been cooking for an hour)

At this point I make a normal cream based carbonara.

Butter and lightly fry the meat on a sauce pan and boil pasta. Add the cream to the meat and bring to a boil. Strain the pasta and add the pasta to the sauce. Add 1/2 cup parmesean and stir well over heat. Take off heat and add in egg and use the heat to stir in the egg yolk. Garnish with the parsley and the other 1/2 cup parmesean and liberal black pepper. Give it a final toss or two

Sorry if I fucked it up but it's comfy.

no

unsmoked streaky bacon is fine

no
scrambling the egg will ruin it but nice bait

if you're going to make the Amerimeme version you should try making the >authentic version afterwards too. Lose the prosciutto, cream, butter and parsley. Preferably use pecorino instead of parmesan; you've gone to the effort of getting guanciale so I'm assuming you can get the right cheese too. Pecorino is sheep cheese as opposed to parmesan's cow variety so the taste differs a fair bit.

OP although carbonara is delicious you should try making pasta all'amatriciana. It is amazing and harder to fuck up than carbonara.

For pasta all'amatriciana you just:
1) dice 1-2 onions, fry in olive oil until soft
2) cube or thinly slice (whichever you prefer) your guanciale (80g or so, again however much you prefer)
3) after cooking for 5 minutes add in strained tomatoes or a homemade tomato sauce and a little bit of water (I prefer strained tomatoes)
4) bring to a boil, then let simmer for 20 minutes or until you get the flavour/consistency you like
5) add sauce to pasta (hopefully you have pasta going as you're making this sauce)

Wa la, delicious pasta all'amatriciana

bump

pleb

>the fat melts
What did you mean by this?

see

bump

No one likes Guancialie?

1. Calm the fuck down, this isn't /b/
2. It's fatty pork, how can I not like it? Was there something specifically you'd like me to say? Ask and you shall receive

just use another egg yolk

Thats 1. That particle picture I was cooking for myself.

Im mostly looking for tips on

>cream
>parsley
>butter
So you just want a (You)? Here is your (You)

I have problems mixing the egg into it.

Can I whisk the egg content into the sauce while the pasta is being strained and then add the two together?

retard

Is it possible to reheat carbonara without it going to shit? I made too much without really thinking about how to heat up the leftovers.

I always microwave a bowl or two the next day (sometimes even the day after as well) my mom says it doesnt taste as good but I like it better desu

if you want it creamy still, no. you'll have to add a splash of milk/cream/broth to get that texture back and it wont be perfect

So I just followed this recipe but with on exception.

I put the fat reduced sauce into the egg yolk and mixed that together with the cheese to make it really thick then after the sauce has combined with the pasta I added the eggs.

justright.jpg

I know this is bait but I actually prefer it slightly scrambled, just barely. It's less soupy, still textured and creamy and has the taste of some cooked egg in there too.

You mean like this?

That's too scrambled for me.

>kinocooking.jpg

I see what you did there