Fried egg

How do I make nicely shaped fried egg? Whenever I do it it just spills all over the pan. I don't want perfect circle. I just want something that looks like left picture, not right.

Other urls found in this thread:

thejamesbonddossier.com/james-bond-food/scrambled-eggs-james-bond.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Use a mold like Asian places do

Nonstick

And make sure it's oiled up nice if it isn't non-stick

To add to this, make sure the pan is the appropriate level of heat entire dropping the egg in so that it starts cooking immediately.

Make sure your eggs are really fresh.

Don't let the egg splat into the pan. Get it nice and hot and crack the egg just above the surface of the pan so it kind of just rolls out of the shell

For guaranteed perfect eggs put plenty of oil in the pan, like enough to cover the whole surface.
I find a small pan is best.
Put heat on low and allow oil to come to temperature.
Carefully crack egg and open slowly into oil.
Baste white with oil until cooked

>Profit

Also the fresher the egg the firmer the white which makes it less likely to spread. And if you put the egg into a cold pan...

These.

Fresh egg, non stick pan, enough oiled surface, and oil already somewhat done and you can't fuck it up. Fried egg is the most easy thing in existence.

Better egg, the left picture is not that great actually, not fresh.

It looks fresh. It's just not fully cooked.

If you say so. Pity.

use this.

Pointless.

Use fresh egg.
Put the oil in pan and heat enough.
Add egg in pan, change low heat and close the lid.

Use grade A eggs. The whites stay in place better for cooking an egg like that whereas grade AA eggs are used for scrambling because they turn out like the egg on right in your picture.

>How do I make nicely shaped fried egg?

Let me guess. You're a spoiled little white female aren't you?

"boiling water is, like, totally hard!"

kek

nonstick and pre-heated. oil is not necessarily needed. wait for it to cook on one side, tun over or just take away and eat

Use butter.

>17 fucking replies
>not ONE says what the real problem is
>welcome to Veeky Forums

It's spattering and getting misshapen because the heat is TOO high. Preheat the pan on MID-LOW and cook a little longer before you flip.

Which is why I said....

Oil if it ISN'T nonstick.

I did, you faggot. I said appropriate level of heat meaning not too hot and not too warm.

Fuck you. those are fun.

That's like saying "Just set it to the perfect temperature"

There's no "perfect" setting on my stove.

If you want the egg on the left just turn the heat up too high and burn the shit out of it while leaving the top raw

Take a tuna can and cut off the top and bottom. Put that in your pan for perfect round eggy weggy.

Having a level oven and pan helps.

fresh eggs don't have loose membranes so get fresh eggs.

Get the freshest eggs you can, preferably less than a day old.

eggs general?

okay lads, absolute beginner question here, how the fuck do I cook a scrambled egg? I think I understand the principle, that you draw the egg mixture in towards the centre to create sheets of cooked egg but every time I attempt it myself I fuck it up and it turns into a solid omelette.

So my questions are:

1. what temp do you cook a scrambled egg at? High, mid, low, what?

2. How long do you cook it for?

Medium heat, keep the eggs moving, out of the pan before any browning occurs. Doesn't take long after all. I add a splash of milk and parsley flakes to the eggs and beat them for a bit before adding them to the pan.

this was how I made eggs for a restaurant I worked in the past, but it was on a griddle. should be the same for a pan
make sure its not too hot (oil doesn't smoke)
crack egg ON the puddle of oil
slowly push egg whites in a spiral motion until it shields the egg yolk
flip the egg after egg whites are ~80% opaque
salt the bottom side
flip, and pepper the other side
>shove your spatula under the egg swift and clean
>dont salt a raw egg man
>pepper burns fast, do it last

we put the eggs in burgers, it has a nice fluffy white and runny yolk in the middle. super satisfying to make.

Why mess around folding eggs when normal scrambled eggs are far superior?

Cold pan
Beaten eggs in with plenty of solid butter
Medium low / medium
Allow the butter to melt as the eggs come up to temperature while you prepare your toast. (This had better include a nice tomato chutney).
As soon as curds start to form, don't let it stay still too long. Keep stirring the eggs until they're done.
Dust with parmesan, douse with cholula.

crack it into a hot pan

Stfu you faggot

extremely low heat. whisk constantly, about 20 minutes.
>thejamesbonddossier.com/james-bond-food/scrambled-eggs-james-bond.htm

Drop it into a hot pan with a little oil, from a couple of inches up at most. Crack the shell with a knife first, and pull firmly apart.
For best results, wait until it's mostly cooked , keeping it unstuck from the bottom of the pan. Then flip it over carefully, count to five, and flip it back before the yolk fries solid. That should leave you with a white that's solid all the way through, and a liquid yolk with barely a thin skin over it.

who wants over easy?
I want sunny & happy side up!

>every time I attempt it myself I fuck it up and it turns into a solid omelette
So cook it less, you dunce. Eggs should still be runny when leaving the heat. Residual heat thickens it. Same principle as carbonara.

There's a difference between 'sunny side up' and 'half raw'. That difference is flipping it briefly.

U dont flip sunny side up

Really low temp. Non-stick pan. Patience. Pic related, how I do.

Give your daughter back her play food so she can make play breakfast user, it's already 9, she's probably hungry.

Real egg. Cooked at 150F on an induction cooktop.

Delete this you madman.

Lots of oil. let it slowly go into the pan. And after its done don't fuck with it until its done

This is so cute, the wifey will love it!

Yo, Forget all the useless info all of these guys are giving you. Just tell your woman to cook you some eggs. Problem solved.

Some butter on a pre-heated (I always go medium heat) non-stick pan. Nothing will stick.

Easy as fuck.

If you don't flip it, the top is raw, or the bottom is burned.

If you have the pan preheated on low and covrer with a lid, the top will cook without overcooking the underside and you'll have set whites but a runny yolk.

Use a lot of oil. Enough to cover the bottom of the pan with 2-3mm of oil.
When you think the bottom is done tip the pan slightly so the oil collects on one side and spoon it over the egg until it looks cooked.

Alternatively just flip the damn thing over and stop being such a tart.

Should really use lard or dripping to fry eggs though. But everyone's different.

Frying pans seldom have lids, and are often far too large to improvise one.

Are you a fucker that calls a Sunnyside Egg a Fried Egg?

Here's fried egg
>fresh, AA egg.. Colder preferably
>Crack into a cup
>Decently hot pan (should be hot enough to start cooking it upon contact, but not bubbling the egg), nonstick obviously, with a little oil
>Drop egg into pan
>Once 50% of the white has cooked, flip by tossing the pan, not spatula
>tap center of egg, slightly breaking yolk
>Let cook through

If you want a sunny side, once the white is 50% cooked, cut the heat and wait until it's done.

>frying pans seldom have lids and can't be improvised.

You're insane unless you only have 2 pieces of cookware or something.

You can cook sunny side up eggs without a cover on low heat. It takes about 6 - 8 minutes though.

this is how you do it OP
>medium heat with a little oil and a little sprinkle of salt for non-stick purpose
>crack egg and gently place it on the middle of pan
>have a cover (the pan's own or improvise) and get ready to cover after spraying a few mist of water
>have it cover for 1 minute and check ever 30 seconds after that so your egg ends up cooked but with still, a liquid yolk
>that's just my tip for you... would show pic, but I'm cooking pork and potatoes in a sauce right now.

Pan should be just hot enough for the whites to gradually turn opaque as they hit the pan. Not hot enough for them to turn instantly or sizzle.

I crack mine into a ramekin and then dump it in when the pan is hot enough.

Two methods
Get your pan hot.
Make sure you have a suitable cover for your pan.
Crack the egg, either into a bowl or over the pan
When it does go into the pan, don't drop it in all at once, let the whites hit the pan first as a base and then let the rest of the egg fall
Hold the yolk in place until it stops sliding easily
Get a few ounces of water in the pan
Cover the pan and turn the heat down low or off
check to make sure the whites at the top of the egg are cooked

Start with very low heat
Crack the egg, either into a bowl or over the pan
When it does go into the pan, don't drop it in all at once, let the whites hit the pan first as a base and then let the rest of the egg fall
Hold the yolk in place until you can let go of it without it moving to the side

tl;dr, just do everything slowly so you don't fuck it up
you can cook eggs on lower heat, don't worry
Cook until desired firmness

that's what I said

You never learned of hot oil-basting, did you son?

Don't listen to these nonstick shills.
Just use more oil or butter and like said make sure it's not too hot.

Crack it closer to a very well oiled nonstick pan on low heat.