Soup, co/ck/s? Any of you other faggots smoking meat today? Smoking spare ribs here. And before you lambaste me...

Soup, co/ck/s? Any of you other faggots smoking meat today? Smoking spare ribs here. And before you lambaste me, they were pre-cut. This will be a cook along, or smoke along. Feel free to jump in, especially if you're smoking too.

Smoking this too.

Set-up before the water in the pan and hot coals.

You can smoke my meat faggot.

I'd be honored to.

still too cold outside so the smoker wouldn't function properly here

66 here in Philly. The lowest I've smoked is 45 with residual snow on the ground. I'm no BBQ Pit Boy. But there will be Pit Master Privilege at the end.

Meat's on.

Oh, and here's the wood of choice for today's smoke.

Have you ever tried using wood chunks instead of chips? I just tried those recently and really liked them.

I have not. I soak my chips in water. I'm sure if I found a lumber company I could probably get some chunks, but I've never seen them. Does Amazon have them? I guess I've just never looked. I do know they're supposed to be a lot better though.

They do, you just have to search for "wood chunks." Western sells them for a reasonable price on there. I'm sure they have them somewhere around where you're at though.
I can find the bigger brands at HEB or Walmart, and the meat market I usually go to has local stuff.
Of course, I'm in Texas so there's BBQ stuff everywhere.

Yeah I just did a quick search for it. Thanks for the heads up. Once I get all the chips I have used up, I'll definitely be getting chunks for now on.

Been holding temp between 235-240 for about 40 minutes now.

Sausage is done

You can buy chunks at home depot or Lowe's for a reasonable price but I'd check farmers markets and Craigslist first.

Thanks for the tips.

OP checking back in. Took the extra skirts that I trimmed off, put rub on them last night and just threw them in the skillet and just made a couple sandwiches out of them. Tasty as fuck. Sorry. Ate before pics. Highly recommend though. Rolls, cheese, rib skirts, onions, and sauce.

Rain starting to set in, but we're seeing this mother fucker out on the smoker unwrapped. Because I'm not a faggot that puts ribs in the oven..

Looking forward to the results user

Sorry man. Thought this was dead. Me and my girlfriend ended up eating the ribs with mashed potatoes and Red Lobster biscuits and garlic peas. Didn't take any pics because I thought this was dead. Had a nice smoke ring. There's some meat left. We pulled it off the bone. Going to make Sandy's out of it tomorrow for lunch.

Fucking this

There are ads on craigslist where people even give away split logs for free if you pick them up.

>be me 4-5 years ago
>floridafag
>7 acre property with a ton of oak trees
>spend hours researching hot to pick a tree and season the wood
>cut one down, put it in shed for over a year to dry out/season
>BBQ/grill/smoke almost entirely with wood, nothing else
>still have 50% wood remaining

I'll never go back to chips, and some of the wood is broken into chunks for when I need just a little bit more heat/smoke for an extra few minutes