What's your favorite cabbage recipe, Veeky Forums?

What's your favorite cabbage recipe, Veeky Forums?

This is the basic one I've been using so far. from cooks illustrated

egg roll

red braised 4 lyfe

Kim chi

*kimchi

Of the ones I've had, kimchi. But I would probably enjoy cabbage rolls or choux farci if I ever find a French restaurant that serves em.

>cabbage rolls or choux farci

literally the same dish

While that's true, a lot of countries have their own version. I'm gunning for the French version.

thinly sliced cabbage
small apple cubes
roughly chopped almonds
toss with a walnut oil/lemon juice/maple syrup/saltpepper dressing.

>1 cabbage head
>boil in water
>you eat it cold

Okonomiyaki

>chop cabbage into finger sized pieces(half a head)
>chop pork into half inch chunks
>chop a couple pieces of bacon and toss into pan
>when cooked but not crispy toss in a tablespoon of olive oil
>fry pork chunks for 4 minutes med high
>take out meat and cook cabbage covered for 5 mins stirring occasionally
>toss chunks of skinned apples here if you want(goes well with dish)
cover again for a min
>toss in meats and season with salt and black pepper(must use freshly ground pepper and leave it coarse; be generous with pepper)
You are very welcome.

>slice cabbage 1" thick
>rub with evoo, salt, and pepper
>roast in 450 oven until delicious

sausage borscht, cheap and delicious

Curried cabbage with bacon is delish

I think I might try this

Why? Those flavors don't even mix well.. Your palate is showing.

Just looks like some pretty average fried cabbage to me, save for the onion and lemon juice

Lemon juice does not go well with fried cabbage. Flavors are off. Stick with the fat as cabbage is skinny or go all in and do plain boiled cabbage.

Personally either something like kimchi or ramen with cabbage in it

Alright, thanks

I just sauté it with something to give it flavour, almost never doing the same thing.
I just take out my spices and look at what's in the fridge. It almost always turns great.

Yesterday I did cabbage with onion, garlic oil*, a little bit of pancetta, fennel seeds, a touch of balsamic and a little extra oil off the pan.
It was some great side dish.

*just raw crushed garlic immediately dropped in oil and left infusing forever until you use all of the oil over weeks or months. I'd say the flavour really starts to shine after a week or so.
This is not just me being lazy and not always wanting to peel and mince garlic, it really does keep the flavour of raw garlic just minced and not stingy yet. It's subtle.

My favourites are stir-fried white cabbage and sauteed savoy cabbage. For white cabbage: roughly slice about a pound, slice 2 cloves of garlic, one chili, a spring onion and add about 10 grains of Sichuan pepper. Preheat oil, toss in aromatics, stir for a minute or so, don't burn them though. Toss in cabbage, and immediately add some soy sauce - this will prevent burning. Fry for a few mins, then cover for a minute or two. Once the cabbage is softer but still crisp take it off the flame and add some Chinkiang vinegar.

For savoy cabbage: slice a head into thin strips, blanche in boiling water for up to 3 mins, drain and dry. Then sautee some onion, garlic and meat (pancetta, bacon, whatever), add cabbage and toss for a few minutes

I roast it with bacon and potatoes. High heat for about 30 mins, gets nice and crispy around the edges.