Energy drinks - generics!

Why don't generic energy drinks exist? I can buy perfectly average tasting generic orange soda, cola, lemon-lime soda and so on for less than half the price of Sunkist, Coke and Sprite. Yet I've never seen a store brand version of an energy drink. Why is that? The cheapest decent energy drink I've seen is NOS and even that is more than $1/16oz can.

Other urls found in this thread:

sheltondentistry.com/patient-information/ph-values-common-drinks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gross

Krating Daeng
You're welcome. Superior to red bull btw.

can you drink cocaine?

Ok? That's not sold in any stores I've seen and it's $9.25 + shipping for a pack of 6. Which is more expensive than NOS or even Rockstar on sale

Overpriced

It's $9.25 + shipping on Amazon, I haven't seen it sold anywhere else for less

if you live anywhere near a piggly wiggly they sell these for like 79c

interesting, looks like the closest PigWig is 25 miles away though. I've never seen that brand before.

Asian stores bruh. Paid $7 for a 6 pack. Careful though, this shit is straight up BHO to weed. Potent stuff.

>straight up BHO to weed

dunno what that means but $7/6pack sounds awesome, I never thought to check the Asian stores

Means the concentrated version of red bull. It's not fizzy. It's good af tho.

is there a fizzy version of it

Yeah it's called redbull bro.

circle k has some shit called Joker that's decent. $2 for 2

Aldi's has energy drinks for $1 each. The blue can mixes well with vodka.

There was some shit in Lidls a while back, they might still have it where it looked like a red bull can with the blue and silver look but it had like stik figures dancing or something. It might have been in the UK only but it was only like £1

Yes they fucking exist, they're just not labeled "GREAT VALUE ENERGY DRANK", they're usually just oddly named.

At HEB I can get a can of Venom energy drink for like $0.75 per 16oz can, with similar contents to Monster or Rockstar.

Also, where do you live that NOS is a generic energy drink? That's a brand Coca-cola puts out and it's one of my favorites - especially their grape flavor; and they used to have 200mg of caffeine per can vs. 160mg per can, which was a huge bonus.

Those are in family dollar for.. A dollar.
Citrus is alright, rest are shit.

Don't expect energy from it, just pay the extra 50 cents and get amp or pay $3 for caffeine pills.

neat, I'll have to check that out since I live close to a circle k

> they're just not labeled "GREAT VALUE ENERGY DRANK"

I wish they were. Kroger already sells a Mountain Dew generic that has some small amount of caffeine in it for $2/12-12oz cans. I don't see why they couldn't just turn up the dose a little and charge $3 for 12-12oz cans.

>At HEB I can get a can of Venom energy drink for like $0.75 per 16oz can, with similar contents to Monster or Rockstar.

Venom isn't generic but I haven't seen it that cheap

>Also, where do you live that NOS is a generic energy drink? That's a brand Coca-cola puts out and it's one of my favorites - especially their grape flavor; and they used to have 200mg of caffeine per can vs. 160mg per can, which was a huge bonus.

I didn't say it was generic, I said it was cheap. It tastes the worst out of all the energy drinks I've tried. Rockstar tastes better, but not as good as Monster, and has 240mg of caffeine and is not much more expensive than NOS.

lime is good too.

They do, go to your local liquor store

Store brand energy drinks are a thing, though.

Everything besides RedBull and Bullit tastes shit and is too sweet.

And you should drink energy drinks through a straw and drink water after if you want to keep your teeth healthy.

This shit was like a dollar in my trash ass college town and it wasn't worth it

Op you're not trying hard enough

>implying anyone likes generic sodas

Most gas stations have a variety. QT has rooster booster

haven't seen any at the 15 different groceries here

>And you should drink energy drinks through a straw and drink water after if you want to keep your teeth healthy.

sounds like broscience

Here in germany lidl used to have small bottles, but now its cans called king kong.
I think it costs 30cent

My dentist actually gave the advice for keeping the teeth white and without holes since energy drinks are pretty aggressive for tooth enamel.

What's different about energy drinks compared to other drinks?

>keeping the sugary acid water away from your teeth helps save them

how is that broscience, or even science at all.

more like brocommon sense.

>he thinks a total of 2 seconds of exposure to sweet water is going to ruin his teeth

It's not the "Sweet", it's the acid content. Sodas contain a lot of phosphoric acid, not to mention the carbonation creates carbonic acid as well.

And total 2 seconds? What, are you chugging every soda you drink? If you drink a soda by sipping it there is a lot more than 2 seconds exposure.

This. Also expect the gut rot feeling to be slightly worse than other energy drinks.

>What, are you chugging every soda you drink

yes

Dentists literally tell you to do this so the drink touches your teeth for the least amount of time possible. Well that's what they told me anyways.
I never did make it back there.

I've heard this true. Which creates a sort of paradox. If you're enjoying soda you want to enjoy it because it's so bad for you. It makes no sense to slam down a 200 calorie drink with 40 grams of sugar in 3 seconds. But if you do that it's even worse for you.

why is that worse, the dentists say it's better

Enjoying it is worse.

He should have put that fourth sentence before the third, or at least separated them with a semi-colon instead of a period.

The ingredients in a can of Red Bull cost literally cents. The can is actually quite a bit more expensive than the content due to the unstandardized size and form. It would be cheaper for Red Bull to just fill a common 0,33 can and sell it for the same price. But then they would give up the impression it's some special, concentrated, precious Taytay pussy juice.

You fucking dumbasses.

This. I am retarded when it comes to writing sentences.

Just take a caffeine pill and a super B complex.

Drink a cheap can of soda on top of them if you need the sugar rush.

There, that just cost you 30 cents.

Eurotrash here, every big store here sells generic energy drinks. Aldi's is the cheapest for like 25 cents a can.

called goldenpower

This can be applied to literally any carbonated or acidic drink like juice, cocktails, wine, beer and so on. Yet no one warns against drinking those because of dental issues.

Caffeine pills just hit you with a dose too large all at once, they aren't spaced out like energy drinks can be. I've tried pill-splitting caffeine and that doesn't work either. I wish it did work because caffeine pills are cheap

>This can be applied to literally any carbonated or acidic drink like juice, cocktails, wine, beer and so on.

My dentist gives the exact same cautions about any sort of soda or fruit juice.

Most cocktails, beer, and wine are nowhere near as acidic as a typical soft drink or energy drink.

This

Y'all niggas need to get on that ES

>wine are nowhere near as acidic
lol

>cocktails
are literally juice

>beer
is literally carbonated and literally acidic as a result

Just look it up bro.
sheltondentistry.com/patient-information/ph-values-common-drinks/

Beer is carbonated, sure, but it doesn't have the additional acid that is added to cola. So it's somewhat acidic but it's not as strong as cola is.

Anyway, I'm not sure what your point is here? That beer and cocktails would be safer to consume through a straw? Yes, that's true.

If you take the pill with red meat, it will take years to digest.

Mouth wash will actually fuck up my teeth in the long run?

Mouth wash is pretty terrible for you, but mostly because it dries your mouth out.

They do here in the UK.

>Mouth wash will actually fuck up my teeth in the long run?

Pros and cons.

Yes, it's acidic. That's bad.

OTOH it kills bacteria, including those which cause tooth decay.

As for which one dominates? I have no idea. The point is that it's not so simple as looking at pH only.

>MUUUUUUHHH ACIDS MUH PEEEE EICH

I want the stealth ketofags to leave.

The do, but are usually regional. Shit like store brands or cheap: Super Shock, Henry's, Snake Eyes, Warrior

The cheapest shit you can find are Rip Its or Venom

Weve got some energy drink in our town called SURGE!!
Its allright and a buck a can.

Isn't that just a soda with more sugar in it? I don't think i'd consider it an energy drink. That all said where the fuck can you still find surge?

>what is booster

No, it had about the same sugar as most sodas. Ditto for the caffeine content; that was on the higher end of most sodas, but not as much as you'd find in an "energy drink". Surge was simply a product that was meant to compete with Mountain Dew. It's sugar and caffeine content was about the same.

This kid looks retarded. Why is that?

Tämä poikka on Suomalainen

Does this shit even work?

I live in a town in the USA where the drinking water is sometimes unfit for human consumption and must be boiled first or you're fucked.
It's like a damn 3rd world country right in the heart of the USA and it's not detroit thank christ. We die here from drug overdoses or drinking water not niggering.
All that being said. My town does sell Surge.

the rumor in school was it burned your throat on the way down. The shady cellphone kiosk run by arabs in the mall used to sell it, but I was afraid to buy a consumable from them

Where I live generic energy drinks outnumber brand name at least 10 to 1 and they can go as cheap as $0.25

So do all Finns look like that?

Why do the generic energy drinks never taste as good as Red Bull? Looking at the ingredients they are the same.

It's not placebo either. Red bull has a more soft fruity taste while the generics are very harsh in their sourness.

Any explanations?

>Any explanations?

Sure. The proportions of the ingredients used.

The placebo effect has won you over so hard you don't even know it.
You may as well bend over now and embrace the fucking that the placebo effect will dish you out over the years.
As placebo effects dick slides in and out of you, you begin to realize that this dick feels pretty similar but... Somehow different. and its NOT the placebo effect.
Weak minded bastard.

I am going to do a blind test tomorrow and see if I am right.

Ah, good old "Energy Drink" energy drink. You gotta try harder, OP.

Yes
At least after drinking ES
>Any explanations?
You have shit taste. They are all roughly the same. Effect used to be the best until they started using dairy water. Now booster is where it's at.

What town

i wonder how many of the people who pound energy drinks daily realize that's not the caffeine but the 80g+ of sugar

But they make several sugar-free energy drinks.

Maybe its just a euro thing but i bought 24 of those badboys for 6€. Tastes like redbull

99 cent stores sell weird energy drinks - mostly 2 for 99.

>noncarbonated
gross

never saw it before, I'd buy it based on the can alone

where

I only buy sugar-free varieties, so you're an idiot

Romania.

caffeine is the only ingredient in those drinks that are objectively a stimulant.

the rest is just a placebo effect. a cup of coffee with the same caffeine content will give you just as much 'energy' as a energy drink.

this is correct.

Nigga theres cheap energy drinks everywhere. WE HAVE SODA MACHINES THAT DISPENSE ENERGY DRINKS OR HAVE ENERGY SHOTS

FUCK WISCONSIN FLYOVER HELL KILL ME

Ye the can is dank. It's the store brand of Edeka Group operating Edeka, Marktkauf and Netto markets in Germany and Denmark. Cheap as fuck and right up there with the more expensive brands.

What does that have to do with Wisconsin

I do sips every day

fellow Americans, I recommend you check Big Lots. The one in my fairly small town has dozens of brands. In 2014 I bought one of each kind and drank them while watching the world cup. They ranged from tolerable to quite tasty, with the exception of a 25 cent can with a windmill on it that was unabashedly horrid. So avoid that if they still sell it (which I highly doubt).

Just tried some sugarfree Ol' Glory. Tasted alright, had decent amount of caffeine, fairly cheap, and made in the good old USA. What do you guys think?

Lidl has these, they taste pretty good. Also excellent name.

In Finland we have the almighty ES :DDD

Also megaforce, which is better in my opinion.

This, they used to sell BFCs (32 oz monster) for $1, but I don't think those are produced anymore

bump for later

Therea a shit ton of them whatchu mean?

does it give me energy though