Where did I go wrong?

Where did I go wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbcgoodfood.com/videos/techniques/how-poach-egg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

birth is generally the starting point for most people

I thought it was half popped popcorn

Put them on some toast and no one will ever know...

Dropped eggs in from a large height?
Using older eggs will also do this as the egg white loses its elasticity. Use fresh eggs if you are going to poach them.
Some people say add vinegar but i dont like to do this as it makes the eggs taste shit imo.

Looks decently edible. What did you think you fucked up?

they weren't poached, they were hard boiled

you left them in for too long then

this doesn't have to be that hard

kek you imbecile

Gently roll them after 20 seconds in the pan so the whites spread more even i guess

Deciding to eat eggs was a mistake.

All these things. The last Cooks Illustrated had a good write up on poaching eggs. The issue is at my office, I'll post some pics of the piece if this thread is still living in the a.m. One of the things they did that was interesting was to strain the loose whites using a soup/stock scum style fine mesh strainer; it kept them neater. The other was fresh (hard to come by unless you live in the sticks ezpz for me as I live in the sticks and the farm down the road has fresh eggs) eggs and start at room temp iirc. The other was to pour the eggs gently from a Pyrex style measuring cup.

I've always used Julia's method with no problems: take a 10" skillet and bring an inch or so of salted water to simmer (you can add some vinegar to keep the whites neat, but as user noted this puts an off flavor to some palates), crack eggs and place in Pyrex or small prep bowl, one at a time obviously, and gently pour them into the simmering water. Proceed by basting the top of the eggs with spoonfuls of the water until desired doneness. Its never failed for me and you can do a number of eggs at once.

And then there's the greasy spoon diner method which I've never quite figured out but presum it involves a ramekin, a bit of water and a microwave. I'd like to hear a line cook weigh in to that end if your out there

>presume
>you're
Yes, Engrish is hald

You stirred the water so fast you separated the yolk from the white. I did that the other week as well.

Don't need a water tornado to make a poached egg. just use a deeper pot.

fuck of fagtard

All I do to make poached eggs is bring some water up to a very gentle simmer and crack the eggs in right above the water line and remove them with a slotted spoon after 4 minutes. No fuss, no muss, and it works well.

What the fuck? Try shocking them in cold water before you peel them.

Those yolks are most definitely not overdone.

This. Just use something like a saucepan that can fully submerge the eggs and you don't need any swirly shit.

temperature too low

Seconding the cold water recommendation. Have a bowl of ice and water to switch them over to immediately after cooking, then peel the membrane.

Did you forget to change the pH of the water?

your eggs were too fresh

hard boil eggs that are close or past expiration date

as long as they don't float in water, they are good to eat

Delivered. Sorry if the image is rotated. Phone posting (yeah, yeah, save the shade).

Boom bbcgoodfood.com/videos/techniques/how-poach-egg

hah, People are still helping OP poach and egg when he wants hard boiled.

hard boiled is objectively inferior. kills all of the falvour and texture