Explain again how fruit is good but soda isn't

Explain again how fruit is good but soda isn't

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/02/misunderstanding-orange-juice-as-a-health-drink/283579/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>le fiber meme

People will just never accept that their preconceived notions about nutrition are incorrect. To them, fruits are good, so an orange is obviously better, even though they're chemically identical.

>muh antioxidants
>muh vitamin C

As if these things are that big of a deal and can only be acquired through sugary ass fruit.

>110%

1 can of coke = 250 calorie
1 orange = 50 calorie

i don't eat fruit. never buy it. i like it, so if someone offers it to me i'll eat it. But i never buy it. I eat plenty of vegetables though

>sugar content is the only thing that matters
kys op

processed sugar vs. natural sugar I assume.

one is free
the other is peddled by jews

Totally false premise

Nah. Just inaccurate stats. Fructose is no better than sucrose

Well, when it comes to comparing fruit JUICE and soda, it's more of a like comparison, but if you want to compare whole fruit and soda...whole fruit will win.
Why: soluble and insoluble fiber, bioflavonoids, fruit enzymes, vitamins, trace minerals and phytonutrients like polyphenols for instance, no damaging carbonation, satiation from a slower section by section

Fat earther detected

you don't crack back 3 oranges a day and the orange has more complex sugars, fiber, and vitamins.

also thats 110%

Meanwhile, you can get 64 oz of coke for 79c

>you dont crack back 3 oranges a day
I literally eat 500 to 1k grams of fruit every day

Yesterday my friend was complaining about high fructose corn syrup in pickles. And I'm just sitting there like, yeah nigga who gives a fuck. And try explain they are trying to slim down so hfcs is really bad Then today they ask me how to make fried rice and I'm wondering if I should tell them fried rice is +400 calories a cup that will in no way sate a person.

A can of coke is like 160 calories or so you bitch.

Fruit is low calorie, low carb, high in other nutrients and the acid is a lot milder than the kinds found in pop. Not to mention the sugar is fructose and not corn syrup.

fructose doesn't trigger the same satiety pathways as sucrose
t. biomedical engineer

That's why citric acid is labelled as poison and was banned outright in the US until Floridians realized they could only make money selling oranges and pain medicine and cried until the law was repealed.

Modern day orange juice literally has perfume in it. Shit choice altogether, very unhealthy thing to eat more than once or twice a year.

>juice
ooh i remember this. didnt americans get banned orange juice for whatever jew reason?

yall retards.

and you have autism

?

>fruit is low carb
>fruit does not contain glucose and sucrose
>fructose to glucose ratio in HFCS is not similar to that in fruit
lmao.

>damaging carbonation
how about no

Go lighter on the bait next time, makes it more believable

/thread
Cola contains more processed sugar, empty calories

nobody cares you dumb piece of shit

100 percent fruit juice is as bad as sugar-sweetened beverages for its effects on our health, every long-term study on the effects of 100 percent fruit juice intake on diabetes risk shows a very significant risk, too. Worse the “sugar” in juice is Fructose and we can only absorb about 25 grams of Fructose. The rest goes to the liver to be converted into fat and also creates many other problems.

Uh humans are bomb calorimeters that ingest 100% of food and the only way to get fat is exceeding the estimated cellular energy usage, this is exactly how the body works.

>coke is objectively worse than oranges
>"but fruit juice is just as bad as coke"

Shifting the goalposts faggot

Most of the carbohydrates we eat are made up of chains of glucose. When glucose enters the bloodstream, the body releases insulin to help regulate it. Fructose, on the other hand, is processed in the liver. To greatly simplify the situation: When too much fructose enters the liver, the liver can't process it all fast enough for the body to use as sugar. Instead, it starts making fats from the fructose and sending them off into the bloodstream as triglycerides. Worse, the type of fat generated from excess carbs may be the worst kind for us. Fructose ends up circumventing the normal appetite signaling system, so appetite-regulating hormones aren't triggered--and you're left feeling unsatisfied. This is probably at least part of the reason why excess fructose consumption is associated with weight gain. We can absorb, at any one time, up to 25 grams of fructose. Now what is 25 grams? A glass of orange juice has up to 14 grams of fructose, a can of Coke sometimes has 15 to 16 grams of fructose, so you have a rough idea of how much 25 grams is. If you exceed that amount at any one time, individuals with limited fructose absorptive capacity can not absorb this substance and can get symptoms.

Fruit has vitamins, oranges have vitamin c, some fibre, natural sugers, lower in calories, presliced by nature.

MUUUUHH sugar muh insulin

try being a man for once in your life pathetic paleo nu-male. I guarantee you weigh more than me & are suffering for it.

This is like the broccoli to meat comparison
You drink way less soda for the shitload of sugar payoff you get
A fruit is a fucking snack not a diet you fucking lardasses

Nobody said you had to drink it all the time dipshit
It's better than soda as a sometimes drink fuckwit

soda is a snack, too. fatty.

phosphoric acid =/= citric acid

Here in the USA most sodas are sweetened with fructose.

Sucrose is slightly better because it's only half fructose (the other half being regular ole glucose), but that's still not something to be too proud of.

Type 2 diabetes isn't caused by sugar, and doesn't even occur in normal-weight people. So the connection is tenuous at best.

from our long-term, huge studies in Singapore, Australia, the U.S. and Europe, I think 100 percent fruit juice is as bad as sugar-sweetened beverages for its effects on our health, every long-term study on the effects of 100 percent fruit juice intake on diabetes risk shows a very significant risk, too.

Fruit has fiber which takes longer to digest so the sugar in the fruit hits you slower than the sugar in the soda.

fruit has vitamins, minerals and most importantly fiber

soda isn't 10% sugar or whatever that means, it has like, 3 times as much sugar per weight as say that orange, and soda has 100% refined sugar which causes insulin spikes. Fruit has some complex sugars and carbohydrates which your body takes time to digest and gives you a more steady absorption of calories.

Acid is irrelevant and that "10% acid" doesn't make any sense.

> he doesn't understand soluble fiber

user, cmon

>drinking only sugar drinks
you fucked up from the get go

Oranges have vitamins and fiber, cola is a stimulant and medicine for upset stomach.

>citric acid banned as a poison

Motherfucker do they have lemons in the godforsaken hellhole you call home?

No ones talking about fruit juice asshole.

Eat some god damn orange slices or an apple for once in your life.

It 100% is because "100%" fruit juice is never just fruit juice. If you squeeze some oranges at home its not going to be too bad but most store bought orange juice is basically flat fruit flavored soda.

>because "100%" fruit juice is never just fruit juice

So what is it if the ingredients say 100% fruit juice?

Soda is completely liquid
Fruits are partially solid
The solids make all the difference. That's why you can chug soda but you can't chug bananas

One can of coke a day increases your chance of heart disease by 20%

One orange a day decreases your chance of scurvy by 20%

No.

>you can't chug bananas

No, but you sure can.

You eat 500kg of food per day?

Well usually what happens is real juice is cooked down into a syrup called concentrate which is then frozen and placed in storage until its time to be rehydrated. The freezing and rehydration process causes the juice to turn watery and lose flavor. This is counteracted by adding artificial flavorings and added sugar. How else do you think a carton of tropicana cost 4 bucks all year round?

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/02/misunderstanding-orange-juice-as-a-health-drink/283579/

Heres a Source btw you tards.

>But as Hamilton details in her book, there is practically nothing fresh or pure about it. Most commercial orange juice is so heavily processed that it would be undrinkable if not for the addition of something called flavor packs. This is the latest technological innovation in the industry’s perpetual quest to mimic the simplicity of fresh juice. Oils and essences are extracted from the oranges and then sold to a flavor manufacturer who concocts a carefully composed flavor pack customized to the company’s flavor specifications. The juice, which has been patiently sitting in storage sometimes for more than a year, is then pumped with these packs to restore its aroma and taste, which by this point have been thoroughly annihilated. You’re welcome.

In case you fuckers can't read more than 10,000 characters at a time

Wait which one is free?

>0 calories
>0 sugar
>0 acids
>sweetened with aspartame (it's harmless in non-astronomical doses, retard)
>but still tastes almost exactly like regular root beer, unlike other diet soft drinks
Diet root beer is an unassailable soft drink.

it's too salty

You didn't even read his post

He specified 500 to 1000 GRAMs

Soda is not a snack
It's meant to be an accompanying drink to a meal
If you drink soda as a frequent "snack" have fun on your road to diabetes
Soda is a sometimes maybe drink
Not an always one

>Type 2 diabetes doesn't occur in normal weight people
The fuck?
Who fucking told you that?

0 calories means it has no energy to give
Which removes the purpose of drinking it

Counterpoint: no.

It tastes good. You drink it and then get your energy from other shit you eat and drink.

>drinking your calories
LMAO

Kek

What about store-bought smoothies?

It is still root beer. There, destroyed.