Ethiopian food

Explain Ethiopian food to a burger who has never had any.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonian.com/2015/02/12/why-hasnt-ethiopian-food-gone-upscale/
youtube.com/watch?v=KP35qh6fAOc
mysuncoast.com/news/local/panhandling-no-longer-a-crime-in-sarasota/article_a9532632-ca08-11e5-8a94-7bd8e1eadfa4.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm fairly certain that only like 4 people in Ethiopia have internet access.

You eat the food with no utensils you eat it with the sourdough pancake bread

I want to try it. Im sure it tastes ok. Its probably even good. It just looks like shit with all those different piles of mush. I do like the idea that the bread is the plate though basically.

Dumb nigger food

It's pretty good. Lots of stews. Can be very spicy. Eat your hands and some of the bread injera. It's like a tef sourdough pancake almost.

A good get your feet wet recipe is Doro Wat. Pretty easy to make at home. Or just go out and find a restaurant, tell them it's your first time and what they recommend. I'm pretty sure they will take good care of you.

I am prejudice against eating with you hands in the way Islamic cultures eat. Im not talking about eating ribs or asparagus with your hands sometimes I mean no forks or chopsticks just hands. Its sick, especially for cultures that literally wipe their assholes with their left hands. You would think out of any group of people on the planet they would use utensils.

It's tastes like Indian food

yeah indian food has that same piles of mush and soupy dishes that you eat with bread. Indian food is pretty good so im sure id like Ethiopian.

Wat?

Ethiopian food is pretty good. What said is spot on. The dishes I've tried have all involved stews (beef or beans,) on top of a flatbread that you eat with your hands. Pretty flavourful and satisfying, and at the restaurant I've been to, you can spend $10 and feed three people.

I love it. Reminds me of southern "soul food" but with more flavor.
The bread soaks up all the flavors and is so delicious you want to eat all of it.. then it expands in your stomach and you regret everything.. the first time I had it I ate way too much, and basically ran to the bathroom to puke most of it back up because I was legitimately afraid my stomach was going to burst it was hurting so much.

10/10 - would recommend

TLDR; Curry on a sourdough crepe/tortilla/pancake. breddy good/10

It's very tasty. It's basically Indian curry but with this weird sourdough spongy flat bread instead of rice and naan.

You know, they make sure to wash before eating

Spicy, lots of tasty dips and condiments usually centered around a rich carbohydrate.

easily the worlds worst bread.

Some fresh Indian Naan would be good with that.

That's why they eat with their right. Serious faux pax if you reach in with your left. Still though it's kinda gross. Why are utensils not a thing? Best off the top of my head guess is because they live in a desert without the resources? At the same time, couldn't they be fashioned out of bone or something?

FPBP

>Explain Ethiopian food to a burger who has never had any.
Think of Indian food, simmery good veggie and curries, where the cook was playing tricks on you because he didn't like you, putting sugar in ridiculous amounts in dishes that don't want it, and the wrong spices together, and leaving the leavening out of the bread such that it's like sticky uncooked pancake dough, haha, just to mess with you.

It sucks. Don't get your hopes up that it's one of the worlds great cuisines. It is a region of the world with poor conditions, not enough fresh produce, not enough trade and lack of education. That's what evolved.

I had it in D.C. It was all right the cabbage this was good, not a fan of injera.

>Explain Ethiopian food to a burger who has never had any.
This should sum it up for you. As it compares world cuisines that have evolved for western tastes, like reducing the third world poverty of more gravy than actual meat in indian dishes, this cuisine is never going to work. Hey, but in Germany you eat raw pork. Americans won't do that. We took modern microbiology. Some things have to come to an end.
washingtonian.com/2015/02/12/why-hasnt-ethiopian-food-gone-upscale/

>Here's your groceries, that'll be 10 cents for the disposable plastic bag.

Yeah I didn't stay there for longer than 4 hours. Why are there so many homeless people there sleeping on stuff? Why make it legal in the capitol but highly illegal in the vast, empty areas across the country?

I forgot we were talking about Ethiopia. They definitely have trees in the Highlands. Is it a Muslim tradition of some kind?

>Is it a Muslim tradition of some kind?
No one likes to do dishes, I'd say. It's an economic use of water from a well down the street if you aren't washing extra dishes. You are eating your fork and plate both when you eat a injera shared platter. In the kitchen for dishes, I bet they're just keeping stuff warm into the next day and so forth, kind of like the pot of pho stock that just simmers indefinitely.

Where is the disconnect you fucking idiot? Can you not comprehend? Are you illiterate?
Kill yourself loser

>Africa
>Food

>Ethiopian food
That's redindant.

it's not really worth paying for. but it's not so bad that you shouldn't pay for it once just so that you know this.

ethiopians are christians, user

>burger
>never had ethiopian food

Nice try yuropoors.

>raw
>backward culture
>dark
I'm good with not learning their style.

Big tortilla-like thing with slightly the texture and consistency of a band aid. Good place to eat if you are vegan. They drink mead for some weird reason. When I ate it with some vegan chick, the food was OK the vegan chick was not.

>Is it a Muslim tradition of some kind

Ethiopia is one of the oldest Christian cultures on the planet. Please leave your basement once in awhile

There is nothing special about this chimp chow.

Liar. My coworker is muslim.

Ethiopian food is Indian food if India was somehow even poorer. It's the same style, and often the same ingredients, but poorer quality and made to stretch as far as you possibly can.

My bad I should have said east african/middle eastern. But to be fair there is a large Muslim minority in Ethiopia. 44% christian to 39%+ Islamic The way things are going id say islam becomes the majority soon.

I know that Christianity has had a long time hold in Ethiopia, but it's ridiculous to think Islam isn't a major player in the area. If anything, I'd be worried for the future if I were Christian out there. And for your information, I live in an attic.

Doro Wat and Doro Tibs are amazing (chicken/beef, respectively). I've never had a vegetarian dish I didn't like at the local Ethiopian spots. Injera (that porous bread roll stuff) is really good, especially the stuff directly under the food soaking up all the flavors.

I'm a muslim. We eat with bread mainly. We don't wipe our asses with our left hands, we aren't all stupid dessert nomads.

Go back to your tendies.

From left to right; Grass, mud, mud, mud, mud Nigger shit. ur welcome

Yeah think again about indians washing their hands while they're using toilets as kitchen utensils

>we aren't all stupid dessert nomads.

You are all stupid though

What's your opinion of the Ahmadis?

looks like plebby indian food 2bh but i haven't ever tried it so i wouldn't know

>fly lands on naked eye
>pick it off and eat

Ethiopian "food"

looks extremely unappetizing.
Will not pay to eat mush and pancakes.

You don't sound like a very devout muslim if you arent using you left hand to bare wipe your ass. I have a feeling you are an american Muslim. Go to Riyadh and try wiping your ass that way and see what happens. Very blasphemous attitude if you ask me.

Stews and curries with spongy bread

wut de heck?

>Ethiopian food

For me, it's the junior chicken sandwich, the most elegant and delightful treat here in Ethiopia

kek

>just hands. Its sick

In Islamic culture you eat with the right hand. Not the hand you wipe your ass with. You are also meant to cleanse your hands after using the toilets thoroughly anyway. You also wash your hands before eating as well as good practice and manners.

>ethiopia
>running water/soap

pick one

looks like baby food desu

Sounds like they waste a lot of water

>Why are there so many homeless people there sleeping on stuff? Why make it legal in the capitol but highly illegal in the vast, empty areas across the country?
Panhandling and being homeless is perfectly legal elsewhere.
You just have local people hustling them vs protecting their rights like the ACLU. The definition of "aggressive" panhandling is where some towns draw the line (or exaggerate) and call their standing in intersections delaying traffic light movement, and such as the proverbial aggressive. Most places people really get pissed at homeless people being arrested. I don't like it, you don't like it, but it's all too easy not to the look at the problem when someone cleans it up for you.

Also, there are "snowbird" seasonal homeless people too. They go south for the winter, and move back north again. This kind of causes them to pile up in the right months in cities and makes them much more visible. Miami is packed with professional homeless in winter, and for locals, the libraries are their refuge in the heat of the sun in the day and makes the rest of the library uncomfortable for the guests who don't want to deal with smelly people in there all day filling up the furniture.

It's not legal though. There aren't even benches in the US any more because of this.
I've known dudes to get arrested hundreds of times for vagrancy and we have nothing but woods.
I even almost got arrested for having a tent up for 6 hours with permission from the property owner. AND on property I lived on and rented.

It's not legal, careful telling people that, they'll go get themselves arrested.
I deal with this shit a lot because I have so little money to live on and have been going homeless by choice during the summer, which thank fuck is back.
Living on social security money is guaranteed homelessness for 50% of your life. The rest of the time you pay for a house and can buy a meal twice a week.

>Hasn't updated his jokes in nearly 40 years

It's 44% orthodox, but another 20% protestant.
>the way things are going
You don't know what you're talking about. This is a unique country, and the leadership is Christian

I once had an african exchange student as roommate. He had bad manners, bit of a culture shock. He'd put food on his fingers and stick them into my mouth till I lick them clean. Wasn't entirely confortable with it but I'm too polite to set boundaries well

>Explain Ethiopian food to a burger
>burger
have you searched for any near you? i've been to an ethiopian place in Fort Worth, and one in Austin, and there are a couple on the other side of Houston from where i am now. obviously not everywhere will have one, but they're not the rarest thing in the US.

i thought the food was great but i really love lentils, cabbages, curries, and sourdough, so we were a natural fit. if the basics appeal to you it's worth trying at least once.

>all the bad "lol ethiopian food" jokes itt
the lowest of low hanging fruit, why even bother posting

Epic, just epic xD

I was in Ethiopia for three weeks in January. I had injera in every single meal, except one at a hotel, and when I ordered a dish called fetira. I had meat once a day, at least, because I'm not poor and I was not observing a fasting diet on holy days, although the fasting dishes are tasty (lentils, garbanzos prepared as porridge). I had mostly lamb, but also beef, which was prepared most deliciously as shekla tibs. Also tried raw beef (tere sega), and jerky (kuanta) firfir.
Eating with your hands is great once you get used to it. There was one tigray dish I tried that wasn't eaten with hands, rather with wooden forks, called telos. The honey wine (tej) was bomb, and they prepare another beer called tela which is still sweet.
Injera is so fucking good.

Making ethiopian food
youtube.com/watch?v=KP35qh6fAOc

Fellow Burger here that's tried some.
Tastes like Indian Curry, but with a big smack of dirt.
Injera is basically a pancake that tastes like it was cooked with sour milk. Kinda like sourdough but pretty shitty. You're supposed to rip off a chunk of the pancake and scoop up some of the piles in . 2/10, would probably give to my dog before he got deathly ill from it. The stews are spiced heavily in order to over come the sourdough taste.

Imagine nothing. That's Ethiopian food.

pssst, it's allowed to ferment like sourdough
which is why it tastes

like sourdough

Had a meme Mexican gf with big titties who took me to an Ethiopian place once. It was shit; looked like shit, tasted like slop, and made me have watery diarrhea six hours after. I tried another Ethiopian place (this one was touted as "fine dining") with some of my faggier liberal arts friends, but I had pretty much the exact same experience down to the gut busting, watery shits.

It's not worth it.

But we're them titties worth it?

We have a decent Ethiopian place by me, I dig it. The stews of course very, but all the ones I've tried are tasty. A lot of spicy/sour flavor combinations. The flatbread is a nice spongey sourdough. Try it if you get the chance.

Yeah, came all over them later that night. I guess it was worth it in that sense, but don't eat at one of those places for pleasure OP.

I know how it works, they even use a special flour called teff. I'm just saying sourdough so OP knows what it tastes like. A shitty version of sourdough.

*throws acid at you*

Pretty solid, really nice choice for vegetarians. It is somewhat similar to certain indian and pakistani dishes, but in my experience less spicy and more subtle flavors.

I don't think people without any toilets or utensils really have a lot of clean running water to wash off all the shit germs or bacteria or whatever it is that makes you sick, and if they cared about the smell they wouldn't be sticking their hand in it all the time.

Wat

>but it's all too easy not to the look at the problem when someone cleans it up for you
Give me legal immunity and some hand cuffs and I'll take care of at least 6 intersections near my office personally.

>fasting
>dishes

Oh I wish.

mysuncoast.com/news/local/panhandling-no-longer-a-crime-in-sarasota/article_a9532632-ca08-11e5-8a94-7bd8e1eadfa4.html
ACLU fights local governments all the time.

nigger spit and darkie cum, yum yum

Basically veg.

Dude that was an epic comment xD

>eat your hands

Basically Indian food.

What hand do you wank with?

Disregard that, my bad.

There Muslims, dicks in a child.

You considered working you lazy tramp?

>fasting
>eating
>being too stupid to realize they're mutually exclusive

>Paste
>Paste
>Paste
>Paste
>a nice salad
>and paste
>Enjoy!

>t.Ethiopian Diaspora Shills
Ethiopian food is literally just a shitty imitation of Indian food.

They wish they had more of it

There are different types of muslims mind you. Don't presume. Why would I got to Riyadh? They hate my kind there.

Haha you can always find something. You waste using paper. You also waste water with your autistic shower lengths.

Also I'm fairly devout, and not American.

What does a social disorder have to do with shower habits?

>The only issue which the Qur'an mentions is the one of washing one's hands (verse 5:6). Issues of chirality (bodily symmetry), such as whether one uses the left or right hand, and which foot is used to step into or out of toilet areas, are derived from hadith sources.[1]

Sorry but Hadith are for wahabi fags.

It's like indian food but not as good