Alright, so I was going to make beef stroganoff, but I realized today that I don't have any beef stock...

Alright, so I was going to make beef stroganoff, but I realized today that I don't have any beef stock, and going to the store soon is not an option. The rest of the ingredients will get used, but I need to find something to do with these 3 containers of mushrooms. Any good mushroom-centric dishes?
I have a pretty well-stocked pantry and freezer, other than the accidental lack of beef. Also, the mushrooms are pre-sliced, which ruins stuffed mushrooms as an idea.

Other urls found in this thread:

barnardmicrosystems.com/UAV/milestones/atlantic_crossing_2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just pan nice and hot them with butter until they caramelize

Mushroom soup seems like a good option.

do a pasta, maybe with some leeks, bacon and cream or something
a soup?
use them as a side dish if you have chicken or something

Oh shit. I have beef ramen. I could probably swipe a pack from their and have made some sub-par stroganoff.
But actually, I've never had mushroom soup before, and am curious. I think I'll try this. Thanks, man.

No problem, hope it goes well. Post results.

>Post results.
Alright. Here it is. Forgive the paper dishes; I'm kind of in a cabin in the woods, which is why I couldn't visit the store. I'll probably boil the chicken stock down more if I try again.

Looks tasty, how was it?

>have beef
>have water
>can't make beef stock.

Veeky Forums everyone.

If he uses the beef to make stock then he won't have any beef to make the stroganoff with.

he doesnt have stock you moron, stalks dont grow on trees

It was good. Really creamy. I was worried it would come out soupy, but it ended up hearty.
Didn't have beef.
>baby bella mushrooms
>chicken stock
>onion
>sour cream
>oregano
>black pepper
>parmesan

>Mushroom soup in a cabin in the woods
Top comfy

>going to the store soon is not an option
Where do you live, the middle of Alaska?

Call a friend in da big city, give him your ICBMNet coordinates, and ask him to drop-ship you a can of stock via Burrito Bomber.

>Burrito Bomber.
Wow. Looked this up. Didn't know this was a thing. Would this really work sending to middle-of-the-fucking-woods, Idaho?

They would. The only thing stopping them is FAA regulatory interference, because flying a drone over nearly-uninhabited Idaho national forest land (or a completely uninhabited agricultural field when cropdusting, for that matter) requires exactly the same pilot diligence and training as landing a 737 full of whiny assholes at Midway Airport in the middle of fucking Chicago.

Also, anything that can fly more than 300 miles, or that has hardpoints for dropping things off of, requires ITAR compliance, which is a fucking nightmare.

Goddamn Captain Sully how do you know all this

make cream of mushroom soup with leeks and onions

mushroom soup bruh

Dude, I've been flying R/C aircraft for around thirty-five years now. I have a design down on paper (powered by diesel with 20% DME) that should have an easy thousand-mile range. I don't dare to build it or publish it because of ITAR restrictions, because I don't particularly want to end up in federal prison for ten years.

This shit isn't rocket surgery any more. You can buy an autopilot off the web for $70, a GPS plugin module for $40, and cellular communications that let you control it from anywhere in the world for the price of a smartphone. I think the cheapest smartphone I've seen lately is $60.

Oh, and if you think the range is an exaggeration, because how could some moron at home do that:

barnardmicrosystems.com/UAV/milestones/atlantic_crossing_2.html

They did that on less than one gallon of fuel.

My engineering sucks by comparison, but if you throw enough power at it, you can make even a brick fly. This is the entire theory behind multicopters.

Actually I made a meat free Stroganoff as an experimental meal last week by just using a shitload of mushrooms and it turned out exceptional. I made use of a vegetable stock cube and some worcestershire sauce and it worked like a charm, and it'll probably be my default way of making it from now on.

Otherwise, mushroom soup as suggested, or you could do a simple pasta sauce.

give them to me.

I will make mushroom ground beef and onion.